Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 113
# 11
02-04-2013, 09:36 AM
ok so now that's really unfair, why don't kdf ships count for the discount ???
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,119
# 12
02-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramyll View Post
ok so now that's really unfair, why don't kdf ships count for the discount ???
Probably because there are so few KDF ships compared to the Feds.

But, there are some fleet ships that only cost one module if you own the C-store variant.

I'm eyeing the Fleet B'rel. That one costs 5 fleet modules if you don't have the Z-store version. If you do, it costs 1 fleet module.

T5 ships with built-in abilities cost 5 fleet modules instead of 4.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 13
02-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
At least the Federation can actually GET some ships for 1 FSM. KDF still have to pay at least 4 for every Fleet version.

This is probably only useful for vets who have a bunch of old ships they want to upgrade.


For new fed players they would need to first buy the C-store version, followed by the Fleet Ship modules.


For something like the Assault Cruiser or Armitage, that's a base 2,500 zen + 1 FSM.


On the other hand, my KDF tac picked up a Fleet Vor'cha for 16 million by being patient and buying 4 FSMs at 4 mil each from other players.

Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 217
# 14
02-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Sounds like you purchased the Defiant-R with a VA token, or Emblems (if it was back in the day before F2P). It would only qualify for the module discount if you've purchased the account wide unlock version from the C-Store.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

EDIT: Nija'd!
In other words "We're gotta get money out of you somehow" or "There's always a catch"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 114
# 15
02-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Was the Tactical Escort Retrofit ever obtainable via VA token or was it always only purchasable from the C-Store?

My friend and fleet mate has the Tactical Escort Retrofit (he's actually purchased everything Defiant related, as it is his favorite ship), which he pretty sure he remembers purchasing from the C-Store. But when he goes to obtain the Fleet Defiant, he's told he needs 4 modules.

He doesn't remember 100% if he got it from the C-Store or not. He put in a ticket about 3 weeks ago, but has not received a reply of any kind.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,119
# 16
02-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauntlessf05 View Post
Was the Tactical Escort Retrofit ever obtainable via VA token or was it always only purchasable from the C-Store?

My friend and fleet mate has the Tactical Escort Retrofit (he's actually purchased everything Defiant related, as it is his favorite ship), which he pretty sure he remembers purchasing from the C-Store. But when he goes to obtain the Fleet Defiant, he's told he needs 4 modules.

He doesn't remember 100% if he got it from the C-Store or not. He put in a ticket about 3 weeks ago, but has not received a reply of any kind.
From earlier in this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
If you got it from your VA token rather than purchasing it from the C-Store, it doesn't count towards the discount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Sounds like you purchased the Defiant-R with a VA token, or Emblems (if it was back in the day before F2P). It would only qualify for the module discount if you've purchased the account wide unlock version from the C-Store.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

EDIT: Nija'd!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,241
# 17
02-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Sounds like you purchased the Defiant-R with a VA token, or Emblems (if it was back in the day before F2P). It would only qualify for the module discount if you've purchased the account wide unlock version from the C-Store.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

EDIT: Nija'd!
Bran, I think that concept is quite unfair.

Simply put, before F2P your customers had a paid monthly account. That your company chose to include VA tokens in lieu of the c-store is not the costumer's fault. Its yours (company).

To come now and say 'oh its because you never paid for it' is absurd. We did pay for them. A monthly fee. The ships were acquired under the norms of the game in those days.

What is ridiculous about it all is that this policy harms only those players who have stuck with the game from those days...and there aren't that many of them left.

In my case I purchased the Nebula Tier 3 and c-store'd the Tier 5. I see the fleet nebula and I see a really crappy upgrade to the Tier3 version but no Fleet version of the tier 5. I do hope it will come some day... perhaps one with up to date boff stations. Cmdr Sci, LtCmdr Eng, Lt Cmdr Universal, Lt Tac, Lt Univ. would be heavenly.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 245
# 18
02-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Bran, I think that concept is quite unfair.

Simply put, before F2P your customers had a paid monthly account. That your company chose to include VA tokens in lieu of the c-store is not the costumer's fault. Its yours (company).

To come now and say 'oh its because you never paid for it' is absurd. We did pay for them. A monthly fee. The ships were acquired under the norms of the game in those days.

What is ridiculous about it all is that this policy harms only those players who have stuck with the game from those days...and there aren't that many of them left.

In my case I purchased the Nebula Tier 3 and c-store'd the Tier 5. I see the fleet nebula and I see a really crappy upgrade to the Tier3 version but no Fleet version of the tier 5. I do hope it will come some day... perhaps one with up to date boff stations. Cmdr Sci, LtCmdr Eng, Lt Cmdr Universal, Lt Tac, Lt Univ. would be heavenly.
There is tier 5 fleet Nebula in tier 3 shipyard.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 19
02-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Ok. Here's how the discount works:

If you bought a Vice Admiral/Lieutenant General rank ship from the C-store (ex. Tac Escort-R, MVAE-R, B'rel-R, Varanus-R etc) for 2500 zen, you can purchase the fleet version for ONE Fleet Ship Module. But ONLY if you bought the VA/LG 2500 zen version from the C-store.

Now since there is no C-store patrol escort, the FPE will always cost 4 FSMs. Most KDF ships in the C-store either do not have a fleet variant (ex. Garumba), or do have a fleet variant but are not Lieutenant General in rank requirement (ex. Vor'Kang). And as such, they do not give the discount towards any fleet version. I believe the only ones that currently do are the Fleet B'rel and Fleet Varanus. The rest (Fleet Negh'var, Fleet Vor'cha, Fleet Scourge, etc) do not have a 2500 zen Lieutenant General version in the C-store, and as such, cannot be acquired for a discount.

Any questions?
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 955
# 20
02-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
The fleet defiant is still tough it doesn't need any more shields it disposed to be a glass cannon

A ship like this shouldn't be able to walk into an stf tank a tac cube kill it and heal back up it does it shouldn't be able to walk into pvp tank 5 other players destroy them and heal up it can(not me but seen It done)

With a field gen and maco shields it runs at 10k shields
I don't think an extra 10% boost to its shield modifier is going to turn it into a tanking powerhouse.

It's just a small boost that every other Fleet ship gets, including other escorts.

It can't be because of its ability to Cloak, since every KDF ship comes with a built-in Cloak and they still get the full Fleet bonus. It can't be because of its 5 Tactical consoles, either, since the Jem'hadar Attack Ship has a full 1.0 Shield Modifier and 1500 more Hull HP than the Fleet Defiant. It might be because it has both, but with the Attack Ship having more hull/shields and a much higher turn rate than the Defiant, I dunno...

My money is on it being an oversight that they don't think is important enough to correct at present.

Last edited by thratch1; 02-04-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:00 AM.