Empire Veteran
# 21
02-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Give up? Oh please, that's just what the Feds want us to do

Btw, a 'string of broken promises' to you is merely standard business wording for me. Everything they say is not set in stone, merely 'We're gonna TRY to get this done by then'. They get it done, then great, if not, then changes/setbacks/etc happened and we continue onward like normal.

It's a subtle distinction, but a crucial one.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
# 22
02-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post

Anything? How about the 1000 times that mr.Stahl stated that there will be no new factions added untill the KDF is complete.
Stahl flat out lying about major content details is far from without precedent.
Captain
# 23
02-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scimitar2 View Post
I think they just need to get rid of all the red stuff on the KDF side. Then I'd play it more.
It's like regular soda vs. diet soda. Once you get used to diet soda, regular soda tastes funny. Having gotten used to the red, the blue seems awkward.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Empire Veteran
# 24
02-04-2013, 09:55 AM
The days of whinning should be behind us at this point. They have constantly stringed us along, yes. They copy/paste us into endgame and new missions, yes.

Its time to be the stoic faction and just wait to see if this new promise/hint/ whatever of upcomming KDF content comes to be or falls through again.

We lose nothing at this point if they fail to deliver but they lose potientail revenue.

I do hold some hope that the new year holds more for us as promised (no rse before the KDF is completed) and we can finally burry the hatchet and just enjoy the game.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
02-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
It's like regular soda vs. diet soda. Once you get used to diet soda, regular soda tastes funny. Having gotten used to the red, the blue seems awkward.
+1 on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Stahl flat out lying about major content details is far from without precedent.
Yeah, I know, but to be fair the situation for Cryptic has not been quite rosy in the past. If I look really really hard into it, I can find some logical reason for their past broken promises even if I don't agree with them nor understand their perception.
But now when they say they doubled the staff and have more positions opened, I'm safe to say they're doing well (which I'm happy for) and they will not have any excuse on not delivering more to the KDF.

@bitemepwe - I share your feeling of optimism for the KDF about the upcomming year. I'm not sure why, but I feel we'll start to get a few nice things here and there that would help the KDF becomming more complete over time.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Forgive me for not having an answer but I missed the episode about Enterprise-C causing a monumental change to history.
Watch Yesterday's Enterprise or read the Memory Alpha page on the episode and all will be revealed.

I don't mind piloting the Enterprise as a Klingon, but at the very least the dialogue should have been changed to make more sense. Why does Yar expect a member of the KDF to care about changing the Federation back to the way it used to be? That would not be in the interests of the Empire.
Career Officer
# 27
02-04-2013, 10:45 AM
In making more money, they are now able to hire more to put more content in so

S.Y.C.
http://www.1279sto.com
Captain
# 28
02-04-2013, 10:45 AM
I like the way they can come on and delete posts for violations but don't come on to explain what's going to happen

I love this game but its so hard for new players to get into it because of lack of information and misinformation

I really hope they don't bring a new faction out and chose to finish the factions they've got klinks really need some help science wise and raptorwise not to mention the glitches witch come with levelling up
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 29
02-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evendzhar View Post
Watch Yesterday's Enterprise or read the Memory Alpha page on the episode and all will be revealed.

I don't mind piloting the Enterprise as a Klingon, but at the very least the dialogue should have been changed to make more sense. Why does Yar expect a member of the KDF to care about changing the Federation back to the way it used to be? That would not be in the interests of the Empire.
The impression I got from the Dialogue, was that the Empire ALSO fell. esp. with B'Vat's lines when you're setting up the Tholians.

Restoring the Federation might not be in the Klingon's interest, but preventing the fall of the EMPIRE is.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Empire Veteran
# 30
02-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
+1 on this
Seconded I used to play Fed all the time, then I got into the KDF and suddenly when I went back to check on a few things, I had visual whiplash... and it still looks odd to this day
Was named Trek17, but still an author.