Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 848
# 21
02-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catstarsto View Post
-snip-
Firstly, I have nothing to do with the running of my fleet.

Secondly, I am not against structured fleets per se, as some (themed) guilds do need a certain amount of structure.

Thirdly, I am not against people posting their opinions on fleet structures.

What I AM against is the situation where someone such as yourself markets their opinions as a "guide", implies that it is the primary method to a successful fleet, and then dismiss dissenting opinions.

I am ALSO against those who use sockpuppets or recruit members from their private fleet forums with the specific goal of artificially providing support to their own posts.

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,150
# 22
02-01-2013, 10:14 PM
I recommend you go back and read some of your previous posts, you seem only intent on disrupting my thread with comments designed just to insult me and my friends. My guide is, as stated in the webpages description, is a template. I have recomended this to use as a guide to creating your own, please reread my previous posts. Im still unsure as to why you keep trolling each post I make. I guess you feel a sense of accomplishment getting in the last word. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/troll_(internet)

To answer you, if you dont run a fleet nor have no need for anyone elses ideas different then yours, why did you complain to begin with? Not everyone wants to be layed back, they may wanna have more options, sharing ideas is the purpose of this thread, if I had meant for mine to be a master system, I wouldnt have asked for others ideas to compair with so others can see others ideas and get an idea for themselves of what they wanted to do with thier fleets. I think your real problem is, you need to hide inner emotional problems by putting others down, and I would be asking you for a public apology, for myself, sister and friends you have insulted. Once you learn to start treating people nice, you will begin to feel better about yourself and soon you wont have a need to troll people. You may even have friends who will post along with you in support.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 848
# 23
02-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catstarsto View Post
-snip-
You claim your "guide" is a template, and yet also call it an opinion. But more importantly, you present your opinion as the "only" successful method compared to those who prefer casual fleets.

Making personal attacks on my mental state or fabricating stories of my "emotional problems" does nothing to justify your argument. In fact, it may very well detract from it.

An apology? You have the nerve to threaten and extort me with such a demand. I should be the one requesting YOU to apologise, stop sockpuppeting and cease baiting people to read your personal website (instead of putting it in the signature section like everyone else).

I'm not the least bit concerned about "support" on my side. This isn't a popularity contest, but whose points make more sense.

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,150
# 24
02-01-2013, 10:50 PM
A darn shame, I offered you a chance to makeup, and you are still trying to take away focus of this thread to discredit me and my idea. I guess you win and I will abandon this thread. I wish you well and hold no grudge against you for this, as i feel you truely dont know any better.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 848
# 25
02-01-2013, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catstarsto View Post
-snip-
I can't take you seriously with your thinly veiled threats and backhanded "submission".

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14
# 26
02-02-2013, 03:29 AM
Sumghai I just read your comment on my earlier post.

For the record these people are not the same, they are indeed brother ans sister, I've voice chatted and teamed with them at the same time, unless this is some super-dextrous person that can change his voice from female to male and play two STO toons at the same time, its not the same person. I was only giving you the truth and letting you know your assumption was wrong.

I didn't say a thing about you personally, what is the difference how many posts I have or my date of registration?

How do you measure whose opinion of STO is more valid, I have 9 VA's and am a 750+ day veteran, I have Ambassador and have full Omega/Rom Rep on my mains, I lead both Fed and KDF fleets that have been going strong for almost 2 years, both with near Tier 4 Starbases and T2 Embassies, does that mean my observations are more valid than anothers?

Or do I have to roam these forums putting people down, being "first' to post or commenting on random threads to get 1000 posts before my opinion is worthwhile!

-Plasma, Vice Admiral, Starfleet
-I.D.I.C- UFP Fleet Admiral, -I.D.I.C- Founder
Veena, Lieutenant General, Klingon Defence Force
-I.D.I.C- KDF Fleet General
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 848
# 27
02-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plas01 View Post
-snip-
Fancy seeing ANOTHER IDIC admin.

Unless you've met them in real life, anybody can claim to be who they are on the internet. Depending on his real age, you'd be surprised how similar males and "females" sound over voice chat.

Post count by itself isn't a terribly useful measure of sockpuppetting - it needs to be considered in conjunction with other telltale signs such as unreserved support of the OP, incorrect references to names, and targeted posting - all of which were present here.

In terms who should be regarded as a credible source of opinion, consider the argument itself, not the poster's game ranking or whether they're a paying customer. Catstar could have quietly and respectfully (like everyone else) put his website in his signature line, and let others discover it at their own please (instead of using repeated "clever" posts to bait people) - but more importantly, "he" could have posted his guide in full text in the Star Trek Online Discussions section as simply sharing how "his" fleet is structured rather than imposing "his" opinions as better than others and denigrating solo or casual fleet players.

Instead, he has done neither, and that's what I take issue with. And I speak from experience administering many forums, where this sort of insidious self-promotion is frowned upon.

Now that I've sufficiently derailed this thread, to sum up:

A) The basics for the running of any good fleet is to limit the number of staff, don't promote members too quickly out of misguided trust, and tighten fleet bank/provision restrictions so you don't get robbed.

B) Having lots of subdivisions, chapters, clans, units, sections, teams etc is nice, but that does not make it superior to casual fleets, nor vice versa.

C) Catstar's so-called "sister" claimed that casual fleets were boring and lame. I simply said structured fleets may not work for everybody.

D) In conjunction with point C), all of this drama could potentially be avoided by prefixing the thread title with [OPINION] and posting the FULL text in the Star Trek Online Discussions.

Capiche?

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 92
# 28
02-02-2013, 04:21 PM
That is because friends and fleet stick together. As you proclaimed so proudly, you have derailed this thread. Your goal all along, it challenged your beliefs, so it had to be trolled into destruction. Let your false claims be your banner, no one came here to agree with you, you stand alone and always will. Such is the life a selfcentered know-it-all with no other life then to get in the last word!

The only thing you proved here is your a prick!

Last edited by lunasto; 02-02-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 848
# 29
02-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasto View Post
-snip-
Yes, this thread was derailed from your (Catstar) REAL purpose of constantly spam advertising a website. I saw through the pretense quite quickly, as well as the alternating personalities. The fact that you come all this way just to respond to this thread only reinforces the fact you're a sockpuppet.

Furthermore, having lost the argument and claimed to have abandoned the thread, you return under another guise to make death threats.

Catstar and plasma, just because everyone in your fleet had been conditioned to agree with you, doesn't make what you say any more valid than anyone elses.

I neither feel fear or anger, merely pity.

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread

Last edited by sumghai; 02-02-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 92
# 30
02-04-2013, 12:54 PM
[quote=sumghai;7853851]

I see you had to get in one last insult. My brother didn't leave because you where right, he left because you vandlised his thread,this was very self centered of you! As you have clearly pointed out, your original intent was to derail it, that IS trolling, duh! I never have been able to stomach your kind, bullys should always be taken outside and mobbed by all of thier victims!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:36 PM.