Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 372
# 11
01-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
1. Weapons jamming in a fight. You in a desperate fight, trying to activate every buff, then your cannon rapid fire jams, you weapon stops firing and you have to wait 30 or so seconds before you can start firing again.

2. Projectile weapons misfiring and being put on cooldown.

3. After dying your ship turns invisible. You're still targetable of course, but you can't see your ship. Makes it rather hard to align you DHCs

4. Scramble sensors causing evasive to fail.

5. Beaming back into a map and finding you're stuck in a console.
I think this is thread isn't meant to be a "Post your top 5 annoying bugs", it's only the personal top 5 of the opener.

For your 5) the command "/stuck" helps on some maps. Simply enter it into the chat.

Now back to the topic: I think, if the opener says he uses beams on the Vesta, then the advice "Use 3 Aux-DHCs in front" is fail. My scientist has got also a Vesta and uses Romulan-Plasma Beams and Dual Beams. I can still use the built-in subsystem-targeting and Beam-abilities like Fire at Will.
I also use the Romulan Hyper-Plasma-Torpedo-Launcher in front and the Omega Torpedo-Launcher in the back.
Finally I've got also the Cutting-Beam mounted on the Vesta.

That's the reason why I run weapons at 121 Power - anything above 125 would be just a waste.
First one half of the so called Community complains: "Give us instant access to all veteran rewards, for going lifetime.", then the other half of the same Community complains: "I've earned 1000 Day membership, I want a special reward.".
Stop complaining, if it is enough for you, you could have the "Captains Table" for the real veterans, I don't want access to another dead social zone...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 178
# 12
01-30-2013, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torsten1009 View Post
I think this is thread isn't meant to be a "Post your top 5 annoying bugs", it's only the personal top 5 of the opener.

For your 5) the command "/stuck" helps on some maps. Simply enter it into the chat.

Now back to the topic: I think, if the opener says he uses beams on the Vesta, then the advice "Use 3 Aux-DHCs in front" is fail. My scientist has got also a Vesta and uses Romulan-Plasma Beams and Dual Beams. I can still use the built-in subsystem-targeting and Beam-abilities like Fire at Will.
I also use the Romulan Hyper-Plasma-Torpedo-Launcher in front and the Omega Torpedo-Launcher in the back.
Finally I've got also the Cutting-Beam mounted on the Vesta.

That's the reason why I run weapons at 121 Power - anything above 125 would be just a waste.
well the topic is mostly meant to make crypic aware of rather persistent bugs that keep plaguing the space game and STFs. whether people want to hop on the band wagon and say i think the bug posted by the OP are really annoying to or post there own top 5 i don't really care. as long as cryptic is made aware of things that keep annoying the players.

discussing the vesta DPS is somewhat derailing the thread but i find the info useful so keep it coming. your setup is identical to mine except i use tetrion cannons in front and a tetrion beam(need to be replaced by something more "apropiate") in the back alongside the set items.
i don't think the problem lies whit the vesta though but whit the models that calculate all damage in STO. they seem to allow for extremes that are just to big. having weapons jam and a couple of low rolls for damage can make you feel like you are fing blanks while a couple of high rolls and crits can allow you quickly dispatch of a tactical cube on your own.
THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 96
# 13
01-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressbenihime View Post
[list=1][*]when you die you can lose control causing you to fly to your target in a straight line. all this does is set you up for another quick death....
you can not effectively tank because all you do is presenting the forward shield to your target you just cant keep up whit the damage you receive by re-balancing shields, regeneration and abilities. you could be forced to fly though a group of mobs you would normaly have flown around causing you to aggro them and die. if you are set up whit cannons having your target in front is not going to be a problem but if you use beams you cant broadside and being forced to use only half of your DPS gives your opponent twice the amount of time to kill you!
Not saying you're wrong, but have you considered Dual Beam Banks? I've been using Sovvy with:
Front: 3x Antiproton DBBs, 180-degree Quantum Torpedo
Rear: 2x Antiproton Beam, 2x Tric. Mines
Link to spacebar: 2x Tac. Team 1, 2x EP to Shields, Brace for Impact, Dispersal Pattern
DOff.s: 3x Shield Distro. Off., 2x Torpedo Guys

This has served me very well in STFs. PM me for further build details.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 220
# 14
01-30-2013, 11:03 PM
What is this mysterious "Looth" you speak of?
Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 16
# 15
01-31-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by megacharge07 View Post
What is this mysterious "Looth" you speak of?
I too wish to know this. I have been playing STO since F2P and I have never come across looth :/.

Also all the bugs that are stated are small and some aren't even bugs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 178
# 16
02-01-2013, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhispered View Post
I too wish to know this. I have been playing STO since F2P and I have never come across looth :/.

Also all the bugs that are stated are small and some aren't even bugs.
and in all that time no item droped thats messed up man. ok i always vendor of all my looth but the point is when items cant be loothed for some reason there is still a bug involved.
THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,194
# 17
02-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressbenihime View Post
and in all that time no item droped thats messed up man. ok i always vendor of all my looth but the point is when items cant be loothed for some reason there is still a bug involved.
You don't seem to be catching on. I recommend checking a dictionary to better understand the joke.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:07 PM.