Captain
# 11
02-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenzenarimasen View Post
So you're so obsessed with anime that ou never leaves the house save for to buy food, pay bills,and go to work/school?
I believe that's called hikikomori, but one doesn't really preclude the other.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Empire Veteran
# 12
02-03-2013, 10:24 PM
I find it odd how we went from an outfit idea to talking bout anime
Commander
# 13
02-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Lolita fashion tends to be a Japanese thing, hence Star Trek: The Anime. And if it does happen, I really hope there's an episode where it art shifts into a TAS look complete with humor.
Captain
# 14
02-04-2013, 12:04 AM
The anime Starship Operators is pretty much the manual on what a Star Trek anime should look and feel like.

Good thing too, as the anime which could also be abbreviated to STO is free of the CBS stranglehold on IP and could write its story any way it wished. The effort needed to make a Star Trek Japanese modern visual animation just to get CBS to allow ANYTHING would just kill it in the womb.

I could quote another more recent example. Moretsu Pirates is another that is unabashedly inspired by Kirks everywhere. Even has a good ol' Spock-type 1st officer as a tsundere. And that's where we'll be getting our Star Trek anime fixes.

But if, if in somehow IF, like Q-level appearing and finger-snapping IF, CBS decides to take a leaf out of Marvel's books and start enlisting JC Staff to build the next Star Trek Operators, then I hope they accept my name/storyboard, Task Force 374.

Its my roleplay in Star Trek Online, but it was written to have the feel and pacing of a cross between modern visual influences like moe archetypes and character stylings, a handpicking of STO's missions and Foundries, and of course the best bits of TNG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 15
02-04-2013, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
moe
God no. Please. No.
Captain
# 16
02-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Somebody mention anime?

I myself have also been dabbling in my own rendition of STO as a manga/anime - right now I'm experimenting with some crossover fanart.

In the meantime, it appears that TokyoPop was at one stage licenced to do TNG manga - here's a sample I found on the 'net (centersolace has probably seen it, but just in case):

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...cans/shock.jpg

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
# 17
02-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Its my roleplay in Star Trek Online, but it was written to have the feel and pacing of a cross between modern visual influences like moe archetypes and character stylings, a handpicking of STO's missions and Foundries, and of course the best bits of TNG.
Uhh... no. I'd rather have it look something like Leiji Matsumoto's stuff, one of the older gundams, or Tatsunoko Production's series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
In the meantime, it appears that TokyoPop was at one stage licenced to do TNG manga - here's a sample I found on the 'net (centersolace has probably seen it, but just in case):

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...cans/shock.jpg
Oh lawds, this old thing. It's been years since I've seen that.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Ensign
# 18
02-05-2013, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
God no. Please. No.
Moe isn't inherently bad.

The problem is that there are many, many studios with the impression that beach swimsuit episodes with jiggly breasts and

ONII-CHAN~~~

somehow makes a series better.

Moe characters are exactly that - a character. A poor characterisation kills the character, and the show. Just like how a dark, brooding protagonist can be made genuinely interesting, but is rarely done right in fiction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
This is my favorite part of those who claim cruisers do mad DPS.

They never share their build.
Career Officer
Captain
# 20
02-05-2013, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacfe View Post
Moe isn't inherently bad.

The problem is that there are many, many studios with the impression that beach swimsuit episodes with jiggly breasts and

ONII-CHAN~~~

somehow makes a series better.

Moe characters are exactly that - a character. A poor characterisation kills the character, and the show. Just like how a dark, brooding protagonist can be made genuinely interesting, but is rarely done right in fiction.
Exactly. I don't like throwing archetypes in your faces. I certainly hated how IS was done, for example!

I wrote my boffs' characters to still feel like TNG characters, especially when on the bridge. In moments where their personalities show, you get a small flicker. But being an anime meant a few more Data's Day/The Lower Decks kind of episodes -- Slice of Life on a Starship. That's why I try to have the character carry the chapter.

Its only when you zoom out and see what each one has done and how she/he reacted and acted, that you can say, "Ah yes, Commander Minase is a Tsundere," or "Eight is an Ice Queen", or "I didn't know Captain Yuung was kuu-- actually, never mind."

But there are some nuggets I do include and then try my best to obscure. For example, Captain Yuung (Sci alt) of the USS Kitty Hawk on paper wears Isolinear Psionic Transducers on her head with a Psywave Grounding Articulation in close contact to her tailbones that appears part of her skirt. This gives her exceptional telepathic clarity and amplified telekinetic punch. (Telepathy, Telekinesis)

Descriptively, its a set of mobile cat ears and tail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.

Last edited by khayuung; 02-05-2013 at 03:36 AM.