Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Ensign
# 61
02-04-2013, 03:00 PM
My opinion seems to be in the minority, but I'll put it forth anyways in favor of discussion..

First, I'd like to say that content unique to each faction would be great. but as has been discussed previously and pointed out numerous times, if we've got two distinct factions, one would hop they would have an equivalent amount of content, and this is clearly not the case. Whether this will be fixed later, who knows, but it sounds like they are trying to throw more factions in without fixing the old ones...

But to the topic at hand. Peace? Maybe... By what i've observed in STO thus far, we seem to be a bunch of disgruntled glorified kind of unified pirates with an overblown sense of honor and house entitlement. To this end, it'd be kinda nice if peace was a player choice. No, I don't know any star trek things to throw out examples and make my case that way, so I'll say it from my point of view of a player in a video game.

I'd really like to be able to work with the feds at my leisure. Many of my friends have chosen fed because that was what they started with, and they already have many of their resources and lots of their time dedicated into it (not to mention their complaints about that disgusting red UI *hint*). I, meanwhile, like my klink. I like being a Gorn, and I like my Varanus, which leads to the problem I face everyday when I log into STO to play with my friends. It's a friggen hassle. Yea, I know private actions are there, but we've got to find all the players to fill the action to get anywhere.

Hell, maybe even go help the feds from time to time with whatever they are doing (some of the fed missions seem to put forth that some klingon houses do whatever they want, and I kind of would like to go help my newbie friends, and I don't like the fed side :p).

Additionally, I am to the belief that allowing each player to make a choice and allowing klingon to choose, would be better in the long run. Some of you may proclaim "Oh mah gurd, copy pasta content!" But I view it like this. This could mean a potential for *better* more faction neutral content, with a sprinkling of faction specific upon it. Don't get me wrong, I'd still like to see faction specific, but I'd like better content period.

For those of you who are lazy: TL : DR
I want to play with my favorite character, with my favorite ship, with my friends. Force PVP on someone else, let me choose who I group with and fight. I wanna shot everbodies.
Captain
# 62
02-04-2013, 03:25 PM
I think Jm'pok will be challenged and replaced by Jarod, who will reveal the extent of the Undine infiltration of the Federation, and we will get a mission series (possibly a FE series) where both KDF players and Fed players work with Jarod and the Empire to remove the Undine and free the Federation from their grasp. With their primary war aim then completed, the Klingons would be able to claim an honourable peace with the Federation, and the Federation survives without massive loss of territory, which is basically their war aim. Everybody wins. Then we get to deal with the Undine, Borg, and Iconians.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Survivor of Romulus
# 63
02-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Well, I don't like J'mpok at all, but I'd want even less to see Jarod in charge of the Empire. He's just a treacherous Duras, a honorless PetaQ and he should have no say so in Empire affairs. The only reason he is a factor in STO is because the Duras supported the House of J'mpok to come to power so he can reinstate their House in return.

If this happens and Jarod comes into power in the Empire, I can't see any peace between the Federation & the Klingon Empire since the Duras are all famous for loving their Romulan care bears. One can argue that this is STO and not the series, but we've all seen who wrote the letter (according to Cryptic) that endorsed D'Tan and the need KDF to get involved in helping New Romulus. So there we go - Duras with the Rommies once again

If he comes to power I can only see him running to Sela.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Commander
# 64
02-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Peace is for cowards.

Borg, Undine, Feddies, House Traitors...

Kill them all.

Honor comes from the fight not the finish.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8

Last edited by user839020189287; 02-04-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 65
02-04-2013, 04:54 PM
tbh i dont care that much as long as it means kdf will get same amount of ships missions episodes hell feds even get more fleet action with dilthium rewards.
Captain
# 66
02-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Well, I don't like J'mpok at all, but I'd want even less to see Jarod in charge of the Empire. He's just a treacherous Duras, a honorless PetaQ and he should have no say so in Empire affairs. The only reason he is a factor in STO is because the Duras supported the House of J'mpok to come to power so he can reinstate their House in return.

If this happens and Jarod comes into power in the Empire, I can't see any peace between the Federation & the Klingon Empire since the Duras are all famous for loving their Romulan care bears. One can argue that this is STO and not the series, but we've all seen who wrote the letter (according to Cryptic) that endorsed D'Tan and the need KDF to get involved in helping New Romulus. So there we go - Duras with the Rommies once again

If he comes to power I can only see him running to Sela.
I wouldn't say that, from what I've seen of Jarod in game, he doesn't seem to share his parents' generations ideas and methods. I think it could be quite an ironic twist of fate that it turns out to be the House of Duras that saves the Alpha Quadrant and become the heroes of the Empire.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Republic Veteran
# 67
02-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
I wouldn't say that, from what I've seen of Jarod in game, he doesn't seem to share his parents' generations ideas and methods. I think it could be quite an ironic twist of fate that it turns out to be the House of Duras that saves the Alpha Quadrant and become the heroes of the Empire.
That's what they want us to think.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Career Officer
# 68
02-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Let's just have a faction-agnostic mission that reveals that J'mpok and Quinn are Undine and send players from the opposing faction to kill them, THEN make some peace.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Commander
# 69
02-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Let's just have a faction-agnostic mission that reveals that J'mpok and Quinn are Undine and send players from the opposing faction to kill them, THEN make some peace.
Some questions...

Why would Warriors from a Warrior-based culture ever want to make peace?

Where is the honor in dying in one's bed like some drooling, decrepit tooth-less terran grandmother?

What Klingon songs of glory ever start with "I fell and cannot get up"?

War is everything.

Peace is truly for cowards.

Qapla'
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Captain
# 70
02-05-2013, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by user839020189287 View Post
Some questions...

Why would Warriors from a Warrior-based culture ever want to make peace?

Where is the honor in dying in one's bed like some drooling, decrepit tooth-less terran grandmother?

What Klingon songs of glory ever start with "I fell and cannot get up"?

War is everything.

Peace is truly for cowards.

Qapla'
Oh, man, I SO want to write that song....

"I Fell and I can't get UP!
I fell and I Can't GET UP!
While We drank the wine,
I thought I was fine,
But I fell and I Can't Get UP!

I Fell and I can't Get UP.
I Fell and I Can'T get UP..
I would take your life,
But I fell on my Knife,
Yes I Fell and a I Can't Get UP.

I Fell and I can't Get up
I fell and I can't get UP.
Romulans I can Kill,
With the force of My WILL,
But I fell and I can't Get UP.

I fell an' I can't get up
I fell and I can't get up
My Disruptor got hot,
when I felt that last shot,
and I fell and I can't get up..."

(now, I wonder what that would look like in Thlingon.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Closed Thread