Captain
# 1 Build up city's
02-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Dev's put some stuff on those worlds, when visiting a world it's almost empty I mean have you been on some planets lately, it's dusty, dirty, and almost no one to visit or interact with. If I take a look in other MMO's if you walk around a place nine of ten time's you can interact, solve a puzzle or do someting else beside the main puzzle.
Is't there annyting where you would think as me walking over andoria for instance and say nice that they fight in a freezing inviroment but what else is there.
If I walk over vulcan few houses vulcans minding there own but what else is there ? would be nice to play calto or learning vulcan neck pinch.
Is there nowhere a dev with some time on his hands to inplement anything into this great MMO to make it worth vissiting all these planets ??

Greets
Captain
# 2
02-04-2013, 08:08 AM
I totally agree. The current maps are dissapointing even Defera has a busy urban area with nothing to do there.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 3
02-04-2013, 01:59 PM
If you don't go with your fleet to where ever planet you wish to go, it will be boring I can tell you that.
Same thing on your ship it's buzzing with people but no one sees you standing like aren't there at all .... hahaha looks like a dead scene with one off the movie captains where they walk over the ship, the crew is searching for you and while you standing next to them they don't know you are there .

Hell what I try to say except for your fleet who isn't always there would be nice to talk to chars here and there, Or give orders from the bridge what ever ..... there must be something they could do around this game for starters then people wouldn't miss content also a bit less.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
02-04-2013, 03:10 PM
I want to see something like Tor's Nar shadda in sto.. big city... do stuff bla bla bla
Captain
# 5
02-04-2013, 04:35 PM
How much activity can they put in a single map? There must be some kind of limit since every "city" in the game would barely scrape by as a town in the real world.
That said I doubt it's an engine limitation, Champions Online uses the same engine and some of those cities are pretty big, then again CO doesn't have hundreds of worlds so maybe there is a budget for real estate in the game, lots of little encounter zones or just a few big ones.
Captain
# 6
02-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
How much activity can they put in a single map? There must be some kind of limit since every "city" in the game would barely scrape by as a town in the real world.
That said I doubt it's an engine limitation, Champions Online uses the same engine and some of those cities are pretty big, then again CO doesn't have hundreds of worlds so maybe there is a budget for real estate in the game, lots of little encounter zones or just a few big ones.
I doubt real estate is a problem. I think it's more of a "how long would this take to make" problem.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 7 Time Budget
02-05-2013, 09:35 AM
I think it's a time budget problem because if you see most voice over missions some chars have voices some don't have a voice you have to read, most towns I visited been there from day 1 but if they could make a city like romulus it would be fun or like Q'Nos but then there should be stuff to do, and when D.Stahl promissed Q'Nos would have sub missions in the back allies off the city we thought WOW, that would be awsome.
Well we are almost 2 years ahead and those sub missions still have to be made.
So what I said earlier I think it's a Time Budget thing going on.....
Career Officer
# 8
02-20-2013, 10:08 AM
Vulcan and Andoria are horrible. A revamp is so needed. At least make them more like bajor wwhich feels alive at least. Also including some daily or diplomatic missions would be good too.
Career Officer
# 9
02-20-2013, 10:26 AM
If Cryptic has unpaid interns, this is what they could be doing. Adding tasteful clutter, background NPC patrols and npc talk. Heck, they could also be tagging assets for the foundry library. The interns could be tasked with making their changes on one map (as a team) while in a safe non-live environment. Once its within certain standards (i.e. not so much clutter it lags people playing on bad computers), then they give a producer a 30 minute walkthrough to see if they can spot the differences, or challenge their work.

Further testing on tribble could help find any inappropriate additions with community assistance. All without taking up any prime development time.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 02-20-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Ensign
# 10
02-25-2013, 08:02 AM
Why dont they incorporate this into the foundry? I don't see any reason why they couldn't integrate this with the foundry. They could hold competitions for the best user generated content which would then be playable through these NPCs found on different worlds. Or rotate the missions you could do from these NPCs every week, so the content is constantly fresh.

You could even extend this to space. Enter a system and have a random encounter which you could choose to accept which turns out to be a foundry mission.

All the developers would have to do then is QA the submissions.