Lieutenant
# 11
02-03-2013, 03:24 PM
I watched that and it was really helpful! It gave me a lot of shortcuts and tips, but I was wondering if anyone else has any? I'm a tad bit lazy a lot of the time and have trouble keeping interest in things that take a while

Thanks!
Captain
# 12
02-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle2fire View Post
I watched that and it was really helpful! It gave me a lot of shortcuts and tips, but I was wondering if anyone else has any? I'm a tad bit lazy a lot of the time and have trouble keeping interest in things that take a while

Thanks!
The last thing you want to try to attempt (if you are impatient) is trying to build a custom interior. I have one map in "Relics" that took about 45 hours to make.

A few sets have been shared via pdfs, but not ones like the one you need.

Last edited by kirksplat; 02-03-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Captain
# 13
02-04-2013, 07:59 AM
I always thought the tight look of the Defiant interior would make a great Enterprise era set. In fact when I first saw it in a foundry mission I thought it was supposed to be the NX 01.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
02-04-2013, 10:30 AM
For a lark, I got into the editor this morning and threw this together:

http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/up...02/Station.pdf

Pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2761672...7632689908010/

This was done using the Fed looking Generic interior map. Sometimes I find taking lemons and making lemonade isn't all that bad. Now with that said, I only roughed things into place, so some alignments might need tweaking, and I didn't put in a lot of detail because I was just looking at doing the bones, not the rest.

Let me know if this is a help at all
Lieutenant
# 15
02-04-2013, 02:55 PM
You just "threw" that together? You, my friend are a very good thrower.

And thanks! I think I'll use this to help me with my station. Thanks!

And for the Defiant map, that too is an interesting idea. I'll have to look at that if my mission takes me aboard a ship.

Thanks again to all of you for giving me advice!
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
02-04-2013, 07:11 PM
*chuckle* yeah I spent a couple of hours on it, mostly fixing the pdf because the item names didnt export right and I had to manually correct that.

Another suggestion is that you could also use the cave interiors as well, such as was intended as the old neutral zone asteroid bases of the Romulan War-TOS era
Rihannsu
# 17
02-04-2013, 08:37 PM
yeah, some caves have very smooth walls. All you need to do to make it look like a lived in space is add a floor in the lived in areas.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.