Captain
# 1141
02-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukoc View Post
[i][color="Yellow"]Well I get many technicolor Oddies on ISE and I always see that they tend to get aggro a lot and (since they're usually nubs) go boom after a few seconds.
Perhaps they skilled into threat control?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Republic Veteran
# 1142
02-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Perhaps they skilled into threat control?
I am thinking of respeccing and putting points into that so that way Donatra will always be pissed at me.

[6/24 23:12] [Combat (Self)] Your Thalaron Pulse deals 126254 (48978) Radiation Damage to Tactical Cube. Hehe. Suck it Borg!
[10/8 15:47] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 98082 (147136) Kinetic Damage to you with Warp Core Breach. WUT? I blame Kurland for this and all other problems in STO.
Captain
# 1143
02-04-2013, 03:14 PM
No need to respec. All you need to do is launch an Isometric Charge at ther, and you instantly become her target. Problem solved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukoc View Post
My Polarize Hull seems to always be on CD when I'm tractored for some reason. Will look into this....
Personally, I reserve the use of it for ONLY when I am tractored. If not, I use Reverse Shield Polarity.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Republic Veteran
# 1144
02-04-2013, 03:53 PM
I am now Rank 4 Diplomacy! Yay!

[6/24 23:12] [Combat (Self)] Your Thalaron Pulse deals 126254 (48978) Radiation Damage to Tactical Cube. Hehe. Suck it Borg!
[10/8 15:47] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 98082 (147136) Kinetic Damage to you with Warp Core Breach. WUT? I blame Kurland for this and all other problems in STO.
Captain
# 1145
02-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
No need to respec. All you need to do is launch an Isometric Charge at ther, and you instantly become her target. Problem solved.
Firing an iso charge doesn't always get her attention. The fact that my ship exists and is firing weapons is enough to make anything want to shoot me. Now that I think about it, maybe I should just respec in threat control for the defenses?
Quote:
Quote:
Survivor of Romulus
# 1146
02-04-2013, 06:47 PM
I'd just buy a threat increasing console from the embassy, I had considered doing that when I was flying my Vo'quv since I usually took her torp spreads fairly well as long as I timed tac team correctly. As excellent as the threat reduction console I have currently works, I bet the borg would never ever give me up if I had the opposite!

Currently running surprisingly aggro grabbing 100% kinetic builds with either Orb weaver or B'rel, and the borg already hate me big time even with or without threat reduction!
Captain
# 1147
02-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunesnout View Post
I'd just buy a threat increasing console from the embassy, I had considered doing that when I was flying my Vo'quv since I usually took her torp spreads fairly well as long as I timed tac team correctly. As excellent as the threat reduction console I have currently works, I bet the borg would never ever give me up if I had the opposite!

Currently running surprisingly aggro grabbing 100% kinetic builds with either Orb weaver or B'rel, and the borg already hate me big time even with or without threat reduction!
I don't quite have room for anymore consoles... for me anyway.

If you can take the extra threat, that might be worth it.

I completely forgot where I was going with this post. Train of thought just derailed and exploded.
Quote:
Quote:
Republic Veteran
# 1148
02-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Sadly, I have no room for new consoles.\

Survivor of Romulus
# 1149
02-04-2013, 07:52 PM
The threat is usually a very bad thing on my B'rel though, and usually I prefer not to waste space on a reduction console there myself, so it's a risk I'm taking when I unleash my plasma torp and energy bolt spam streams and mines which are what's so effective at bypassing borg shields. My shields are not in use at all in enhanced cloak which I'm usually in so I only have hull heals, but it's still durable and have usually survived even borg gate torps thanks to double monotanium with neutronium, and I can heal it reasonably fast afterwards.

But sometimes I could still make good use as a threat holder even as a B'rel with Donatra since I have full eng power in cloak and when I fired she often instantly dropped whoever she was attacking to focus on me briefly, it was pretty funny to see her steering back and forth with no final target to fire on directly!
Republic Veteran
# 1150
02-04-2013, 10:30 PM
So anyways.......Ran a KAGE and by Odin's beard, Cryptic has MASSIVELY buffed the ground Borg to obscene levels. One shots EVERYWHERE! And my respawn timer was at 1min at one point due to the dang Borg.