Career Officer
# 11
02-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
What is your current going rate on acquiring a fleet ship from that very fine shipyard I congratulate your fleet on achieving?
Indeed, inquiring minds want to know.
Ensign
# 12
02-04-2013, 10:45 AM
We have two prices at this point.

For 40m you gain unlimited access to the shipyard for all characters on the purchasing account, indefinitely.
For 25m you gain single-time access to the shipyard, if that's all you want.

Payment is accepted both in the form of EC as well as item barter with semi-liquid, high demand items. These include contraband, keys, FSMs, ship boxes, very rare mk 12 consoles, valuable DOFFs, etc.

I can be reached ingame at @atheonyirh for your purchasing needs.
Captain
# 13
02-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetanotherdesire View Post
We have two prices at this point.

For 40m you gain unlimited access to the shipyard for all characters on the purchasing account, indefinitely.
For 25m you gain single-time access to the shipyard, if that's all you want.

Payment is accepted both in the form of EC as well as item barter with semi-liquid, high demand items. These include contraband, keys, FSMs, ship boxes, very rare mk 12 consoles, valuable DOFFs, etc.

I can be reached ingame at @atheonyirh for your purchasing needs.
So by indefinitely you mean that at any point in time from that point on we can have access to your shipyard? As in make one thing one week, and then two weeks later can get another one? That's very generous if that is indeed the case.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
# 14
02-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
So by indefinitely you mean that at any point in time from that point on we can have access to your shipyard? As in make one thing one week, and then two weeks later can get another one? That's very generous if that is indeed the case.
By indefinitely, we mean any point in time from that point on. Two seconds later, if you forgot something, two weeks later if you didn't have enough Fleet Ship Modules at the time, two months later if you've leveled a new character, two years later if they've added something new to the fleet ship selections. No matter the time or reason, the second option is s a lifetime pass.
Fleet Leader of the first completed T5 Shipyard on Holodeck (January 24, 2013)
Part of the first team to beat the No Win Scenario (both KDF and Fed)
It's been a long road, getting from there to here~
Career Officer
# 15
02-04-2013, 09:14 PM
All I can write about this is caveat emptor. Even if you can verify that a fleet has the ability to "sell" you the ship, there is absolutely no way to verify that they will "sell" you the ship.

"Buying" a T-5 ship is worse than sending someone you met on the internet an envelope full of cash through the mail and hoping they will send you the product once they receive your payment. At least if you send an envelope of cash through the mail and they never send you the product you have the recourse of the local police, federal law enforcement, and a civil lawsuit. If you get ripped off in STO, PWE will probably do absolutely nothing since they are not approving these transactions though an in-game mechanism.

These fleets will probably refer you to happy customers. Of course, you will have no way of verifying that it is not a scam.

Are these fleets legitimately selling T-5 ships? Probably, but you have no way of knowing whether you will get scammed and no recourse if you do get scammed. In my opinion, that makes it a very poor choice especially when there are so many fleets you could joint which are probably less than a month or two away from a T-5 shipyard.

But maybe you are a trusting person and you really want the ship right now. All I can do is wish you the best of luck. Cryptic provides no safe mechanism to complete the transaction.
Lieutenant
# 16
02-04-2013, 09:50 PM
its only 25 million ec. not like thats a huge chunk of "money"...
"We are the Perfect World. Life as you know it is over. We will add your monetary distinctiveness to our own. Your player base will adapt to service us. Resistance is Futile."
Career Officer
# 17
02-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovalmorgan View Post
As I have been playing this game a bit too much lately, I have billions of EC. However it took me well over a year to save up my first 10 million EC.

A lot of players (in fact, I would estimate most) probably do not even have 25 million ECs.
Career Officer
# 18
02-04-2013, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovalmorgan View Post
25 million energy credits translates to about 18 U.S. Dollars assuming that Master Keys are going at a rate of 1.4 million energy credits at the current time (like they were when I checked the exchange just a few minutes ago). And that is for just a 1-time usage of a Tier 5 Fleet Shipyard. For a lifetime usage of said fleet you are looking at closer to 30 U.S. Dollars. Now while that may not be as huge of a sum as some of you may think it to be, there are some people for whom spending 18 to 30 U.S. Dollars on something that could very easly end up being nothing more than an internet scam, is not a good practice. I would rather spend my time aiding my own fleet in getting a tier 5 shipyard (we are currently about half-way to getting our Tier 4 Shipyard) and then get the ship through my own fleet, instead of convincing my fleet to let me temporarily depart from the fleet so that I can buy a ship from a third party fleet's shipyard.
# 19
02-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilonia View Post
By indefinitely, we mean any point in time from that point on. Two seconds later, if you forgot something, two weeks later if you didn't have enough Fleet Ship Modules at the time, two months later if you've leveled a new character, two years later if they've added something new to the fleet ship selections. No matter the time or reason, the second option is s a lifetime pass.
Alright, thank you for clarifying. I might just take your fleet up on that offer.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
# 20
02-05-2013, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
All I can write about this is caveat emptor. Even if you can verify that a fleet has the ability to "sell" you the ship, there is absolutely no way to verify that they will "sell" you the ship.

"Buying" a T-5 ship is worse than sending someone you met on the internet an envelope full of cash through the mail and hoping they will send you the product once they receive your payment. At least if you send an envelope of cash through the mail and they never send you the product you have the recourse of the local police, federal law enforcement, and a civil lawsuit. If you get ripped off in STO, PWE will probably do absolutely nothing since they are not approving these transactions though an in-game mechanism.

These fleets will probably refer you to happy customers. Of course, you will have no way of verifying that it is not a scam.

Are these fleets legitimately selling T-5 ships? Probably, but you have no way of knowing whether you will get scammed and no recourse if you do get scammed. In my opinion, that makes it a very poor choice especially when there are so many fleets you could joint which are probably less than a month or two away from a T-5 shipyard.

But maybe you are a trusting person and you really want the ship right now. All I can do is wish you the best of luck. Cryptic provides no safe mechanism to complete the transaction.
If it hasn't happened already it WILL happen. Sooner or later there'll be a thread on here pertaining to how someone handed over the 'cash' and didn't receive their 'purchase'. Mark my words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.