Captain
# 91
02-02-2013, 02:00 AM
I understand cryptic likes to "surprise" it's players but Jesus.... I hope they learned from this whole cluster f on how NOT to introduce game breaking powers, and maybe will consult the community/actually use Tribble to test this crap FULLY before release... But history has constantly repeated itself on these issues so... There ya go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 92
02-02-2013, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
I'm in complete agreement with pretty much everything you've said down to the last letter, friend. In fact it wasn't my idea to use some kind of global placate immunity to solve this; personally I'd prefer just dumping the Tier 4 placate from the game altogether.
As a primary PvE player I second this. It is so binary it becomes massively OP or worthless their is no in between.
Captain
# 93
02-04-2013, 04:08 PM
It's now been brought to my attention that the placate breaks tractors, of all things. A bridge officer skill being countered by a stupid passive? How inane can things get with Cryptic?

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Career Officer
# 94
02-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Yeah, that's been one of my main gripes.

That's why I was in favor of a 45+ sec immunity to that inane placate.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Empire Veteran
# 95
02-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
It's now been brought to my attention that the placate breaks tractors, of all things. A bridge officer skill being countered by a stupid passive? How inane can things get with Cryptic?
yep breaks any duration cast able ability, tach beam and the vesta beam attack too. placates breaking tractor though, that is truly BS, one of the main reasons i hate it.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 96
02-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
it took you this long to have that brought to your attention O_o

i noticed that almost literally on day one, even made a thread about it.

the counter argument was "it helps control tractor spam" until it was aggressively brought to that particular persons attention that the placate doesnt effect the runabout pets unless they are crit'd themselves so its only actually hurting the player and encouraging more tractor pet spam since they arent effected by the placate etc etc...

-sighs-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 97
02-04-2013, 08:20 PM
I've brought it up before, but I'll mention it again as a temporary workaround for Sci builds. Fit a Jam Sensors and jam the target before applying debuffs/light damage dealing abilities. Idk if shield damage counts or it's just hull damage as far as Tach Beam and CPB and Tachyon mines go. They can't break a TB if they can't target you, get your pugmates to shoot them while your TB is up.
Lt. Commander
# 98
02-05-2013, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
bort, really the t4 placate passive is really not that bad. it only affect 1v1 games. the main issue is the adapted maco (khg shields). this has been an issue for a very long time. if you add an immune to the shields and every other placate problem solved. its just that t4 mixed with adapted shields brought the issue into the light.

This is another problem im having with a sci captain in a vesta on my fleet,,,not only can i not move most of the time because of his runabouts and graviton pulse, chroniton crap, viral 3 ect ect,,,,but he has the rom placate for crits on attack, plus the defense placate from adapted maco shields,,he constantly disappears on me right when i start unloading on him.