Captain
# 11
02-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
That may be true but its still technically fraud and its not ethically sound business practices either.
I'm sorry are you a lawyer? If so they perhaps you can make this claim, otherwise you really can't say if it's fraud or not, not by any sort of legal definition.

Quote:
Does nobody else see a problem with this level of exploitation?
I see once more, this is nothing more then another of your "Cryptic is a bunch of puppy kicking, baby eating, evil beings" post. Honestly as much as you seem to hate STO and Cryptic why in the world are you even here?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2013, 08:18 AM
This is just general advice.

There is a point where you have to sit back and realize you're playing a game.

When you get to the point where you are thinking about suing because they nerfed something in the game...you might need to take a break from the game.
# 13
This has nothing to do with my perception of Cryptic, this is basically confirmation that Cryptic can get away with the exploitation of people and commit fraud freely just to gain profits. Don't bring my personal feelings into it. It makes Cryptic look bad when they do nerfs and do not include them on the patch notes... at least Blizzard doesn't do that.

There is a line between trying to make an extra bit of money and blatant manipulation of their player base.
Republic Veteran
# 14
Quote:
That may be true however it is still incredibly shady and underhanded and really shows that Cryptic in a really bad light. Just because a piece of paper says they can exploit their customers doesn't make it right..
Shady and underhanded assumes that you know that they intended to exploit and deceive. Let's see you prove that legally. All you're doing is placing labels and interpreting intent without any proof of it. You talk about law, but you clearly don't understand how law works.

Also, most games with microtransactions are this way. This isn't just Cryptic. If you have a problem, then you need to address the industry trend as a whole.
Captain
# 15
Quote:
Does nobody else see a problem with this level of exploitation?
I see a problem with buying ships just to be the bestest r0x0r. I buy ships for their design/slot layouts and those things never change. It's pretty naive to think any ship will forever stay the strongest in whatever capacity. If they don't nerf the ship, they'll instead release something new that is better. It's a video game and it happens all the time, in any actively developed game there is. Time for a reality check.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2013, 08:20 AM
So again, the mighty Cryptic fanbois think its alright to condone fraud. Honestly, I give up trying to get common sense out of people these days.

Of course, a warning outside of the TOS would be nice. Something on the description of the ship itself saying "this project is subject to change" but I guess you would argue you don't have to even do that.
Republic Veteran
# 17
02-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
So again, the mighty Cryptic fanbois think its alright to condone fraud. Honestly, I give up trying to get common sense of people these days.
Again with the labels and no substance. If you call what you're speaking common sense, I'd rather have LEGAL SENSE(you know...that kind of sense that might actually get something done?).
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azntrigboi View Post
Again with the labels and no substance. If you call what you're speaking common sense, I'd rather have LEGAL SENSE(you know...that kind of sense that might actually get something done?).
That's the sole reason most countries are so screwed up. Too much legal sense, not enough "common sense".
Republic Veteran
# 19
02-05-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
That's the sole reason most countries are so screwed up. Too much legal sense, not enough "common sense".
Ummmm...I'd actually say it's the opposite. There's too little sense about what the laws actually are which cause posts like these to pop up. You assume common sense == legal sense. I'm sorry, but your common sense isn't the only one out there, but laws apply to everyone in its jurisdiction.
Career Officer
# 20
02-05-2013, 08:31 AM
What did They do that was so horrible, that caused you to toss accusations around like candy?

(which by the way, boarders on the edge of Libel, also an illegally criminal offense.)

(EDIT to correct spelling)
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 02-05-2013 at 09:06 AM.