Captain
# 21
02-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
Whenever a new ship is released via lockbox or the Z Store, the stats of that vessel are horrifically overpowered in order to make the vessel desirable. However a couple of months later, Cryptic preform a stealth nerf of the class which is rarely included in the patch notes and is only noticed by the player flying the ship, a few examples spring to mind...

- Atrox Carrier
- Akira Carrier
- Galaxy Retrofit...
Uuummm.....I haven't noticed any nerfs, stealth or otherwise. Could you elaborate? As in what the nerfs were? Some of us don't really see it.
A Gensokyoan Mech-piloting Starship Admiral Rodent.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
*nomnomnibblemunchgnawgnaw*
Captain
# 22
02-05-2013, 08:37 AM
To be honest I have not seen any "systematic downgrading" the OP referrs to .
There are the initial adjustments (done in the first 3 or so weeks after the release) -- but that's come to be expected unfortunetly , as Cryptic QA is a ... , yeah .

However if they were doing this on purpose ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
I doubt that they're nerfing them for any nefarious purpose. They simply have nothing to gain by doing so. It's not like they nerf the Atrox and then offer a upgrade kit for it that costs Zen to buy.
Actually all the Fleet Ships could qualify as an "upgrade kit" ... -- and guess what , one that you (or someone else) has to use Zen to buy .

Quote:
And what exactly do you think they gain by doing so? If you believe this is some sort of underhanded deal, then they must be gaining something out of it. So what exactly are they getting out of the deal?
If the were doing this , they'd be playing on the simple notion that many players share : "I need a good T5 ship" , which to many translates to "I have to get the next best thing " .
It's unfortunate , but knowing how many "retired" Galors and Marauder's ppl own (but don't play with anymore) -- well , the latter notion certainly exists .

Quote:
I'm sorry are you a lawyer? If so they perhaps you can make this claim, otherwise you really can't say if it's fraud or not, not by any sort of legal definition.
Which is why it is pointless to seek assurance of the legality or illegality of something in the game on the game's forums .
You will get neither expert advice , nor unbiased opinions .
If you have money to burn and evidence to back up your claims , go consult a lawyer . Consulting does not mean suing . It just often means torched money's .

Quote:
Of course, a warning outside of the TOS would be nice. Something on the description of the ship itself saying "this project is subject to change" but I guess you would argue you don't have to even do that.
Take a look at the last line in the promotional article :

http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=809331

Cryptic are more careful then they used to be .
But then again it could be argued that you are not obligated to read the commercial to buy on the Z-store .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 02-05-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Captain
# 23
02-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Quote:
So again, the mighty Cryptic fanbois think its alright to condone fraud.
So already we resort to ad hominid attacks. Because if anyone disagrees with you they're a fanboi, and can be disregarded. Every post you make is filled with various amounts of bile for Cryptic, it's clear you are one of the haters and come here and make these posts to take shots at Cryptic and STO.

Also as others have pointed out, accusing someone of Fraud is something that you can be sued over.

Quote:
Honestly, I give up trying to get common sense out of people these days.
Yes because clearly only you are capable of such a thing... I'd say you're one of those people who think you know how the law works. But I'm pretty sure you don't actually care, you just wanted to post more venom aimed at this game.

Quote:
Something on the description of the ship itself saying "this project is subject to change" but I guess you would argue you don't have to even do that.
Everything in the game is subject to change, that is clearly laid out in more then one place. I'm not sure what part of everything you don't get.
Captain
# 24
02-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
Actually all the Fleet Ships could qualify as an "upgrade kit" ... -- and guess what , one that you (or someone else) has to use Zen to buy .
Sure, but there's no Fleet Atrox. My point is that if they were nerfing ships like the Atrox, or Odyssey and then offering a retrofit for those ships in the c-store then perhaps there's a point to the OP's drivel.
Captain
# 25
02-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
What did They do that was so horrible, that caused you to toss accusations around like candy?

(which by the way, boarders on the edge of Liable, also an illegally criminal offense.)
If I'm not mistaken, the legal term you're trying to reference is Libel, IE: Defamation, not Liable, IE: Responsible.
Career Officer
# 26
02-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the legal term you're trying to reference is Libel, IE: Defamation, not Liable, IE: Responsible.
My bad... early morning typing without checking my spelling, blues.. (fixed)
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 02-05-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Captain
# 27
02-05-2013, 09:14 AM
What were these supposed nerfs?
Captain
# 28
02-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Sure, but there's no Fleet Atrox.
True , but it's only a matter of time IMHO .
Heck I might pick one up if there were one w/better stats . The damn thing's gorgeous !

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
What were these supposed nerfs?
I'm curious as well , as I'm not sure if the OP is talking about initial adjustments by Cryptic or adjustments done months down the line (once a ship no longer sells well) .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Captain
# 29
02-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Quote:
So again, the mighty Cryptic fanbois think its alright to condone fraud. Honestly, I give up trying to get common sense out of people these days.

Of course, a warning outside of the TOS would be nice. Something on the description of the ship itself saying "this project is subject to change" but I guess you would argue you don't have to even do that.
Nerfs and buffs for everything come and go in any game you play. Changing the stats of a ship cannot be considered fraud. Look at me and tell me I'm a Cryptic fanboi. *collective laughter*
All cloaks should be canon.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Every business, regardless of Industry, has a universal requirement to conduct said business in 'good faith'. This can become the subject of opinion in Court cases, and more often than not can benefit the plaintiff's when an individual sues a corporation or large business.

Here however, I'm not sure where these nerfs are being applied(or when) to said ships. I own the Gal-X and it's terrible, but it was terrible when I bought it so....that's kind of on me. I don't own an Atrox so can't speak on that one. If we were talking about tangible goods here I imagine there would be a statute of limitations somewhere but doubt that applies to anything virtual.

Can you give any more details on this, like exact stats that were changed and when? Can we see a comparison?
____

The o3 - Killed you good