Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
Lets just say the the world had ended back on december 21, 2012, but right beore it did you have 7 STAR GATES open right in front of you. You can see from the 7 Gates....

1. A world that looks almost something from Lord of the Rings.

2. A world that looks closely like Blade Runner.

3. A world that looks somewhat like something from the Marvel universe.

4. A world that looks Slightly like Star Trek right after the Show Enterprise.

5. A world that looks Strongly like Star Wars after the Return of the Jedi.

6. A world the looks just like the DC Universe.

7. A world that is full of tropical islands.

You don't have much time to pick, and the people that see the gates are running your way. You don't know how long you have, so you must make you choice in the matter of seconds.

So...........

What would you pick, and what do you see your self doing right now 2 months later in that new place.

Oh and to be fair about it, you would get 1000 in whatever currentcy once you crossed over, and something to use as transport of that period to get your around. Maybe so people run in with you too, I know i would. lol
Captain
# 2
02-05-2013, 10:49 AM
A world that looks Strongly like Star Wars after the Return of the Jedi.

I would be signing up on every freighter I could find, to be a crewman or whatever so that one day I could have my own ship.

tropical islands would be second, but don't know if the gate would put me on an island or in the sea somewhere between. Also, there's the issue with fresh water, and money would be useless unless there was a population center on the island the gate chose to put me on.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf

Last edited by lordmalak1; 02-05-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Captain
# 3
02-05-2013, 10:55 AM
That's the unknow factor in this whole thing, but so you know going through a gate would have you in a safe spot. So no getting dropped in the middle of an ocean lol
Career Officer
# 4
02-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Post-ENT Earth. Probably relearning everything about my job that has progressed in the 150 years between.

Porthos is not amused.
Captain
# 5
02-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
4. A world that looks Slightly like Star Trek right after the Show Enterprise.
Because I already know enough about the world to sign up to Star Fleet and "be somebody".

Although, DC Universe (comics version) would probably be my second pick because ... Wonder Woman. 'nuff said.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene

Last edited by cmdrscarlet; 02-05-2013 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Clarity of thought.
Rihannsu
# 6
02-05-2013, 11:14 AM
The star trek one. I like the future and science fiction, its a time of relative peace and things are going well for humanity without being too different to our own time. i could dig that.

some of the others might be more exciting and interesting from a danger and adventure point of view but Im a wimp and dont want to to be eaten by a balrog or killed by a sith.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Rihannsu
# 7
02-05-2013, 11:17 AM
I have the feeling that if I was there, I'd go with Blade Runner. Which probably wouldn't be that smart, but eh.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Star Trek uniferse FTW , why?...because in Star Trek i can use holodeck and recreate all of worlds on list and much more(in much more im thinking of vulcan/orion/bolian/caitian.... happy programs that you can run in holodeck ).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Career Officer
# 9
02-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
I have the feeling that if I was there, I'd go with Blade Runner. Which probably wouldn't be that smart, but eh.
There's always the offworld colonies? "The chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!!"
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 10
02-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Well, I don't know... Tropical islands tend to have cannibals on them. I'm not going to live in some dystopian disaster waiting to happen world, so that rules out the Blade Runner universe, or both the comic book ones. Star Wars universe is kind of mundane-unfriendly as well. That leaves Trek and Lord of the Rings. Post ENT is still pretty early on. I've no interest in being stuck in interstellar space with a freighter crew for months on end before I finally get to see a strange new world, and there's probably not quite that many civilians setting out past the furthest lines on the map yet, so...

I guess I'll bring the secret of gunpowder to Middle Earth. Sure, I'll have to walk everywhere at first, but at least I'll get to be king.
Reave