Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Rihannsu
# 11
02-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plox21 View Post
Star Trek uniferse FTW , why?...because in Star Trek i can use holodeck and recreate all of worlds on list and much more(in much more im thinking of vulcan/orion/bolian/caitian.... happy programs that you can run in holodeck ).
emmmm

It did say after enterprise. you got to wait a couple of hundred years or so before they invent holodecks.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
emmmm

It did say after enterprise. you got to wait a couple of hundred years or so before they invent holodecks.
my time-line would be 2370 year....before dominion war .
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2013, 11:45 AM
I would pick the tropical island planet, as it's the only one that doesn't appear to be tied to some franchise. I just hope I don't run into Gilligan there.
Captain
# 14
02-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Maybe I should have mixed The Fifth Element with the Blade Runner hehe. Naawwww Bad idea.
Ensign
# 15
02-05-2013, 01:40 PM
I'd rather have TOS Trek timeline, but would settle for post-Ent Trek. It's probably the best bet for someone with NO relevant skills or knowledge.

I could probably milk my own knowledge/experience of present day for a little while, then I'd have to find a way to support myself. The Trek universe seems the most likely for me to be able to adapt.
Career Officer
# 16
02-05-2013, 01:44 PM
The decision for me comes down to one question ? in which one do commoners benefit the most? Because let?s face it, I will likely be the people in the background, not the superheroes. To that end my choice is either Star Wars or Post Enterprise and here?s why:

Lord of the Rings ? Great if you?re a Hobbit, but the humans all seem to live in relative squalor unless you?re a king. So no.

Blade Runner
? Dark, artificial future, where I could end up being cloned or framed for murder. No thanks.

Marvel ? Yeah, I can see myself dangling over a bridge while some superheroes save the world at my expense. Also, the man of steel deflects bullets into the window where my office is, potentially killing me. Yeah I?ll pass for sure.

DC Universe ? Same as Marvel, with the addition of a maniacal clown who wants to blow up the ferry I?m taking home after work. So that would be a no.

Tropical Island
? Sounds like the North Sentinel Island, which is a fate worse than witnessing the end of the world. If I don't see a resort there, I would surely think twice before attempting this one.

Post-Enterprise ? Civilians don?t have lots of luxuries in Trek, not in any Trek series really, but disease is gone, money isn?t a driving factor anymore, replicators are everywhere, and people seem generally happy. But more importantly, I see culture thriving which is important to overall happiness.

Star Wars ? Rampant corruption, and political instability is likely to cause a major civil war that will unfortunately target civilians indiscriminately. But so many people, so many opportunities, there?s a chance to make a decent living. Again, this is a world where people outside of politics and war are generally happy, until you get blown up by a death star for being a pacifist. I would say this is acceptable.

Oh, and since you threw it in there?

Fifth Element ? If I wanted to live in a cube for the rest of my insignificant life, I would have moved back to Tokyo years ago.

Had you thrown in Caprica / BSG pre-invasion that would have been interesting. I think the living virtual world idea is cool.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Captain
# 17
02-05-2013, 01:47 PM
I would pick the 8th option: Pull six of the Gates in with me, as I enter the post-Ent gate.

Ha-ha! Now I can choose at will!

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.
Ensign
# 18
02-05-2013, 01:59 PM
it's hard to decide between Star trek and DC universe.

If I went to DC universe, All I would need is to find a way to give myself superpowers... and in some heroes' origin stories that's actually pretty easy to do. So All I would need is to take along some comics on that and decide whenever I want to be more like the flash or somebody else.

Then I'd be a kickass superheroine for JUSTICE.

Star trek-- well I think you all know why I would choose this world.
Captain
# 19
02-05-2013, 02:11 PM
HAHA stardestroyer001 that's cheating and what if you did put that move off, whos to say that doesn't open an 8th gate to some random place. You could be sliding all over the map. lol

kobayashlmaru I was thinking about adding BSG, but you have 12 planets getting wiped out vs the one your leaving, that's going from the fring pan into the fire don't you think? But you could go after Baltar, and stop that whole event from happening in the 1st place. lol

Ok guys I will add the Exobites that's going on with DCUO, so if you cross over into the DC universe, there is a good chance you will gain super powers, but you can't pick what the powers will be. Marvel will be as it is, if you want tohse powers, you will have to figure that out on yur own.
Captain
# 20
02-05-2013, 03:41 PM
I'll divide my answer...

I would not chose:

1. A world that looks almost something from Lord of the Rings.
Because I would not want to live in a world without electricity and indoor plumbing (although if there were maidens fair on the other side of the gate...

2. A world that looks closely like Blade Runner.
Because things would look too scuzzy and cut-throat for me to make a comfortable living in, without fear of some glorified rapist blowing a dinner-plate sized hole in my chest with a hand-canon...

6. A world the looks just like the DC Universe.
Because something seriously nasty would be likely to happen to me...

7. A world that is full of tropical islands.
Because I would not want to be in a survival situation for the rest of my life...

I would not mind:
3. A world that looks somewhat like something from the Marvel universe.

or

5. A world that looks Strongly like Star Wars after the Return of the Jedi.

But my prime choice would be:
4. A world that looks Slightly like Star Trek right after the Show Enterprise.

I'd set up business as a dermal pigmentation artist (with the gizmo Phlox used on the Xindi Captain and Archer...)