Ensign
# 1 Earth Space Dock/Qo'nos Lag
02-05-2013, 01:34 PM
My laptop is not the best one in the world but the game plays really well for everything but at ESD/Qo'nos, it seems to lag more than it should is there anything I can do to fix this.
Captain
# 2
02-05-2013, 01:43 PM
It's the balloon spam coming from the new party poppers. The only thing that needs fixing is the poppers.
Empire Veteran
# 3
02-05-2013, 01:43 PM
in your video options turn down the #Objects allowed to be seen
Captain
# 4
02-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
in your video options turn down the #Objects allowed to be seen
Also reduce or turn off Reflections quality. The main issue with the balloons is that they're all highly reflective round surfaces, and when you put a lot of those in a small area, the required computations to render them all goes way up.
Ensign
# 5
02-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
Also reduce or turn off Reflections quality. The main issue with the balloons is that they're all highly reflective round surfaces, and when you put a lot of those in a small area, the required computations to render them all goes way up.
Okay, is there anything I can do about my load time, it seems like it is getting slower.
Empire Veteran
# 6
02-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiluskalile View Post
Okay, is there anything I can do about my load time, it seems like it is getting slower.
get a nice condo right beside the Cryptic studios servers.

Because we all are experiencing it.
Ensign
# 7
02-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Quote:

LOL, seems like ever since the 3 year event it has been doing this. I am sue it is just a bug they need to fix.
Ensign
# 8
02-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:

Unfortunately this is the only solution . I run a 512 mb GPU with settings to absolute minimum and the lag is still there .

The problem is that the so called shard can't handle moving an object for more then 5 players without any noticeable lag .

Basically if you see that the server isn't responding , you should expect a laggy day .

Don't expect a solution any time soon . The game probably doesn't make enough money to justify server upgrades . Financial problems is why it went F2P in the first place .