Career Officer
# 111
01-29-2013, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stohayden View Post
I was on the gateway and noticed there is now a 'fleet' section.

Can anyone else confirm that this is new?
Yes, it was in the January 17 patch notes.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Captain
# 112
01-29-2013, 10:02 AM
There's still no way to go to other pages without going back to the main screen. The options should all be on a top or bottom bar (If I'm on the accolades page, for example, I should be able to click a button that takes me straight to the Personnel page, rather than going back to the main screen and then to the personnel page).

Additionally, I should be able to go straight to my character from a fleet page or another character's page, rather than having to go through the "select character" process again.
Captain
# 113
01-29-2013, 01:10 PM
Hmm I can get on without new access codes now, so not sure what that problem was.

But if I go into my fleetmate's bios for a few minutes, often the thing seems to crash on me and say something about maintenance. If I leave it alone for a while I can get back in again.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 114
01-30-2013, 10:25 AM
In at least 50 attempts, I have never succeeded in getting past the login screens.

I'm using Internet Explorer 10. I have JavaScript and cookies allowed for *.startrekonline.com and *.perfectworld.com.
Captain
# 115
01-30-2013, 02:21 PM
I clicked on my fleet's website, and it took me there, which was cool. However, when I pressed the back button to return to the gateway, it got stuck on the loading screen. I had to close the tab for a bit, then try again to get to the login screen.
Career Officer
Gateway: "Accessing Secure Personnel Files Please Wait..."

That is all I get when I try to use this new feature. I have JavaScript enabled, as well as cookies for the site, and it never gets past that please wait screen. I'm using IE9 as my browser and synchronized my cryptic account months ago. Any idea why this isn't working for me?
Career Officer
# 117
02-05-2013, 02:06 PM
I don't think that anyone mentioned the new audio effects. As I don't own a handheld device to test, can someone else comment on how immersed it makes your experience? From the desktop perspective, I'm thinking I'd want more audio bells and whistles. Perhaps some Barrett-esque call outs? I don't know how practical that would be for the Gateway?
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

<=============================
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Career Officer
# 118
02-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Gateway: "Accessing Secure Personnel Files Please Wait..."

I've never gotten past this screen, and I've tried it on my home computer as well as my computer at work.

EDIT: I FINALLY got past the entry screen and was told to check my e-mail for a passcode. I did this immediately, got the code, and saw this: "Gateway is now undergoing maintenence. Please try again later"!!!!

Now I REALLY want to check this thing out. It's like a quest to complete! lol

Last edited by ggg247; 02-06-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Captain
# 119
02-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Weird things happen when I have multiple instances of it open in more than one tab.
Ensign
# 120 gateway
02-07-2013, 07:46 AM
That's a great idea, wonder if gateway can be accessed during maintenance hours?

Closed Thread