Clone Wars: 25 episodes
The Clone Wars: 104 (with more coming)
Ewoks: 39 episodes
Droids: 15 episodes
+
The Clone Wars Film
Caravan of Courage Film
The Battle for Endor Film

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Career Officer
# 12
02-05-2013, 03:37 AM
Don't know wht OP was talking about, ST2009 was good Trek.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
I'm not sure I follow your logic here...the reason the J isn't and will not be in game isn't CBS. dStahl already told us the reason, and the reason is because the ship is friggin massive. Seriously, that ship is bigger than earth space dock.
I think theres a better reason for that, one that the powers that be probably won't admit.....(bear in mind, I know this is going to make people upset).....

The Enterprise-J is kinda stupid. If its from the future it would technically be "god-mode" in the game. Theres already enough incredible magic-tech in trek. On paper it might sound cool, but in a dramatic series I don't see it being very interesting.

Granted, this is my personal opinion, but I am sick to death of trek time travel. If I could go back in time I'd erase any reference of the temporal cold war in Trek history....it was the dumbest part of Enterprise ever concieved.

(sorry Enterprise-J fans, but I really have a deep hatred for the very idea of that ship)
Rihannsu
# 14
02-05-2013, 09:53 AM
the J was a cool idea as to what might be... beyond that, it's a bit.... meh.

Anyways.... the 2009 movie was not a bad movie. I thought it was a worthy modernization myself. But anyways, it got a sequel. YESSS!!!! more STAR TREK! :p

You will watch it. Resistance is Futile.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
the J was a cool idea as to what might be... beyond that, it's a bit.... meh.

Anyways.... the 2009 movie was not a bad movie. I thought it was a worthy modernization myself. But anyways, it got a sequel. YESSS!!!! more STAR TREK! :p

You will watch it. Resistance is Futile.
There are plenty of things I didn't like about the 2009 movie, but I'd watch it before I watch the one where the original crew gores to look for god.
Career Officer
# 16
02-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
Stahl confirmed on Tribble today that CBS has nixed the J, we're already on a different path anyway as our Enterprise - F looks nothing like the one the studio proposed, it's just as well, the J is too big and too fragile looking, I wouldn't want one, it's turn rate and maneuvering would make the Odyssey's look like that of a Ferrari, that and the fact it looks like a giant crystal pancake griddle.
its logical... this is supposed to be the 25th century, so bringing in a ship that can't time-travel, from the very far off future isn't logical.
Career Officer
# 17
02-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingtran2 View Post
Seeing how most fans hate JJ Star Trek because it's too much like Star Wars, going to guess he won't mess up Star Wars as badly, after seeing the Prequals can safly assume it can't get any worse.

Well unfortunate it WILL be a disaster. Now that The Mouse has its paws on that, we'll probably be seeing ridiculous fights like in Pirates of the Caribbean: saber fights without injury; dangerous situations that are lethal, yet there is no blood....it think you guys get the point >.>

Tho, if he wants to piss off Star Wars Fans too, he could make his Star Wars more like Star Trek.

And that would be a bad thing??
If anything it'll bump up the quality of Star Wars.
all in all, despite some people's illogical and unfounded luncatic fringe rants that JJ's films are canon, the fact that JJ inserted droids from Star Wars into the film blows all that out of the water. Thankfully. Watching him kill off important characters in the film was a cheap shot, but then I reminded myself that its an alternate universe film and that those characters, and others, in the prime universe, are untouched. *deep breath*....*drinks brandy* here's too more non-mirror-universe films...
Career Officer
# 18
02-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnurntumber View Post
There are plenty of things I didn't like about the 2009 movie, but I'd watch it before I watch the one where the original crew gores to look for god.
*in the voice of the President's advisor from Independence Day*...that's not ENTIRELY accurate sir....

Going to look for a mythical planet, and having some artificial(?) intelligence telling you its God isn't the same thing.
It was a spiritual journey for all of them. Well to be fair, it was the quest of a Vulcan, Spock's brother, to find this place; to search for more enlightenment.
Commander
# 19
02-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
the fact that JJ inserted droids from Star Wars into the film blows all that out of the water.
You know what Easter Eggs are, right?

As an exercise in the art of the compromise, I will agree that it was odd to see that droid. Was really not expecting that.

Perhaps artists need to stick to inserting genitalia into their work instead of cross-referencing other pop culture icons? Blame them imo.

JJTrek brought me back to the IP. I was at a remote location at the time and had a copy to entertain me. Was one of the reasons I pre-ordered STO, tbh. Got some crappy point defense console instead of the red matter one... grrrr... but I digress.

The new movie looks to be recycling more of the first and appears to be not too original. Ooo, Earth is threatened again by a certain individual and this time it's different! LOL

Funny how Star trek has turned into a license to print money instead of promoting better sci-fi and intelligent entertainment for thinking people.

Will wait for the pirate copy. Arrggh. Argggh. *slaps a cabin boy just for fun*
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
02-05-2013, 03:09 PM
The original Star Wars with Mark Hamill was pretty good. But I don't like the new one with Jar Jar Binks.

I don't know. J.J. might do a good Star Wars. He seems to like action and special effects and that means more lightsaber battles and ship combat sequences. So it would be more of an action movie Star Wars. That might appeal to people, heck I would probably watch it just to see who the new Sith Lords are. Haha one should be Luke Skywalker's kid, and Luke doesn't find out until the 3rd movie (hopefully they do 3 in a row, like they have done before)

What I don't like about him is he seems to really rush the story along. Do any of you watch Fringe? The last episode of Fringe could easily have been broken up into 3 or 4 full-sized episodes. He squished it all together that bad. I almost felt dizzy how fast some of the conversation sequences went. One moment they are standing around talking at one place, the next moment they are somewhere else being shot at. He needs to slow down and flesh out his stories some more.

However as a Trek fan I have to say: YAY JJ IS GONE!