Republic Veteran
# 21
02-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
Might be interestng to fly a moving starbase but as said before it would break the game.
I recall reading that the Enterprise-J is too large and would "break" the game. So here is my question...just how big is the Enterprise-J that it would break the game? Bigger then a Borg Cube? Bigger then the Borg Command Vessels? Bigger then Earth Spacedock? And here is another question I have; how can the physical size of a movable vessel in the game cause it to "break?"
Captain
# 22
02-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scimitar2 View Post
Just how big is the Enterprise-J that it would break the game? Bigger then a Borg Cube? Bigger then the Borg Command Vessels? Bigger then Earth Spacedock? And here is another question I have; how can the physical size of a movable vessel in the game cause it to "break?"
See My post just above yours.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Career Officer
# 23
02-05-2013, 09:57 AM
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_...e_(NCC-1701-J)

The J is speculated to be about 2 miles long, which would be closer to 4000 meters.

Edit: Fixed broken link.

Porthos is not amused.

Last edited by collegepark2151; 02-06-2013 at 04:24 AM.
Rihannsu
# 24
02-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
The Unimatrix Command ship is around 12,000 metres compared with a 3,000 metre Tac Cube.
V'Ger is 78.000 metres long.
The command ships look like the front half of V'Ger and mirrored.

A V'Ger system in the Gamma Orionis sector Block would be great, with the 'planet' at the centre been the ship, and the 'system' been the purple cloud.
Cryptic can make some really pretty backgrounds like fluidic space.

As for the Enterprise J, it has a length of what 2000 metres, the Atrox is about 1600 metres. Hell the Tarantula Class is larger than the J at 2070 metres.
Actually.... Drexler said: "Two miles sounds about right to me"

this would be more like 3.2km.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 25
02-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Not sure why cryptic are fond of bringing out the CBS excuse card, I suppose it's the "easy" way out for them I guess. Much like when they originally brought it out to cover up them wanting to charge $150 for a lockbox ship instead of putting it into the cstore, yet here we are with space full of non faction ships....

The Ent J could never be as the game is not setup for such a huge ship. It makes esd look small lol
Career Officer
# 26
02-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Unofficially STO can't handle large objects.
All things considered, that's funny.
- Only a fool fights in a burning house.
Career Officer
# 27
02-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
Of all the ships, the presence of the Ent J would be the hardest to justify. It is not from the same time period as the Wells class.
exactly. Thank you.
Its not a time ship, so it's illogical for it to appear in the 25th century.
Captain
# 28
02-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
exactly. Thank you.
Its not a time ship, so it's illogical for it to appear in the 25th century.
Wouldn't be too far outside this games history to have your character travel forward to the time of the J for some reason, though.
Captain
# 29
02-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Wouldn't be too far outside this games history to have your character travel forward to the time of the J for some reason, though.
That would be cool ... traveling into the 26th century to help the Federation fight off the Sphere Builders. The Enterprise-J could be similar to the Borg Command Ship in size and strength, only fighting on our side for a change.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
02-05-2013, 03:12 PM
There should only be one V'Ger in the game, and I should have it. It should also give me Dev powers that let me delete random objects from the game, like ESD or other player's starships.

Don't you see? It's completely fair. The complete fairness should be obvious to everyone.