Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,289
# 31
02-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilonia View Post
When there is, I'll feel sorry they didn't instead decide to go to one of our reputable fleet's members while making sure that the person is part of our fleet, like making sure you check the butcher at the deli to make sure the cold cuts are of Boar's Head.
Oh, I don't doubt your Fleet's integrity, and I'll add that my (admittedly cynical) thoughts regarding this don't really apply for now, as only the larger and more well know, reputable, fleet will be in a position to offer such a 'service'.

Have to admit, if I had anywhere near the required EC I might consider this myself - the Fleet Intrepid (Long-Range Science Vessel) has been a long-term 'want' of mine*, but I've been with the Fleet I am a member of for a long time, and it's not too far off reaching T5 shipyard status itself, so I guess that continued patience might be the better choice.

*Though I am not entirely convinced that, other than a superior hull stat, it's THAT much better than my all-time favorite (Rhode-Island class) Fleet Science vessel; I just love that ship and regardless of the new, shiny, ships that come along, I always find myself back in that one.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 380
# 32
02-05-2013, 09:31 AM
I bought a Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit from the Aquarius guys and I am rather happy with it. The only problem I have with it is ships should have an outfit system like your character does. That way I don't drop 10k a change if I want to go Sovereign into Regent or Sovereign into Imperial.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 867
# 33
02-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
I offer you and any other prospective buyers the opportunity to meet me somewhere in game and see my T5 Fleet Ship, and the fact I am not in a T5 Fleet.

As I already stated, I too was suspicious beforehand. Two things swayed my mind:

1) I was allowed to see the Fleet Status before paying anything, and check that there were enough provisions.

2) During this period I took a look at the leaderboard and saw that the seller had a very high contribution to that fleet, numbering several millions of fleet credits. This told me that they were not some scammer but a person who is devoted to their fleet, and probably gave a good amount of time and resources into getting it to T5.
I have no reason to believe the offer is not legitimate. However, the fact that you have a T-5 ship and you claim that the fleet you bought it from is a legitimate seller does not prove that they will not take my energy credits and then not provide me with the service they promise. Given the number of fleets that are going to reach T-5 soon and will likely provide the shipyard as a service to all their active members I do not think it is a risk worth taking.

However, you decided to go ahead and fork over the credits despite the risk and you seem to be happy with the result. That was your choice to make and I am glad it worked out well for you.
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2
# 34
02-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
I have no reason to believe the offer is not legitimate. However, the fact that you have a T-5 ship and you claim that the fleet you bought it from is a legitimate seller does not prove that they will not take my energy credits and then not provide me with the service they promise. Given the number of fleets that are going to reach T-5 soon and will likely provide the shipyard as a service to all their active members I do not think it is a risk worth taking.

However, you decided to go ahead and fork over the credits despite the risk and you seem to be happy with the result. That was your choice to make and I am glad it worked out well for you.
I'll admit I'm kind of confused. Are you just sitting here saying that its nice that the offer is legitimate, but despite this it might NOT be legitimate, so clearly it should be treated as illegitimate and that no one should take them up on it? I really don't get your point here. We have plenty of satisfied customers and every single reply to them seems to be "its nice they're legitimate and you got what you wanted but what if you hadn't?".

I don't get it.

Last edited by yetanotherdesire; 02-05-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 867
# 35
02-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetanotherdesire View Post
I'll admit I'm kind of confused. Are you just sitting here saying that its nice that the offer is legitimate, but despite this it might NOT be legitimate, so clearly it should be treated as illegitimate and that no one should take them up on it? I really don't get your point here. We have plenty of satisfied customers and every single reply to them seems to be "its nice they're legitimate and you got what you wanted but what if you hadn't?".

I don't get it.


The transaction is insecure, thus there will always be a risk of you paying money, not receiving the product, and having little or no recourse. There is absolutely no way for a fleet to "prove" that they will not take your money and refuse to hand over the ship before the money is transferred.

I am happy that this did not happen to you and that there are no reports of T-5 shipyard scams at the moment, but with many fleets' T-5 shipyards likely to come on line within the next few weeks, I do not believe that the potential reward is worth the potential risk. Obviously that is a decision that people have to make for themselves. I suggest they carefully weigh the potential liabilities against the benefits.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 36
02-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetanotherdesire View Post
I'll admit I'm kind of confused. Are you just sitting here saying that its nice that the offer is legitimate, but despite this it might NOT be legitimate, so clearly it should be treated as illegitimate and that no one should take them up on it? I really don't get your point here. We have plenty of satisfied customers and every single reply to them seems to be "its nice they're legitimate and you got what you wanted but what if you hadn't?".

I don't get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
The transaction is insecure, thus there will always be a risk of you paying money, not receiving the product, and having little or no recourse. There is absolutely no way for a fleet to "prove" that they will not take your money and refuse to hand over the ship before the money is transferred.

I am happy that this did not happen to you and that there are no reports of T-5 shipyard scams at the moment, but with many fleets' T-5 shipyards likely to come on line within the next few weeks, I do not believe that the potential reward is worth the potential risk. Obviously that is a decision that people have to make for themselves. I suggest they carefully weigh the potential liabilities against the benefits.
Roughly translated: logical thinks it's better to be safe than sorry, and as such probably won't be taking advantage of offers like this, and he suggests you think carefully before spending the ECs.

Did I just about get it?
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 37
02-06-2013, 01:01 AM
1st Aquarius Fleet is legit guys, just did a transaction with them, and am very much satisfied with my product.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 750
# 38
02-06-2013, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
The transaction is insecure, thus there will always be a risk of you paying money, not receiving the product, and having little or no recourse.
A legitimate seller loses nothing by keeping their contracts. They don't have sale-related expenses to cover because they already paid for the immense capital investment to get their shipyard to Tier 5. Likewise, a legitimate seller loses reputation and thus future revenue by scamming you. Scamming is bad for legitimate business. Knowledge of that fact is all the security a buyer should need. To assume that you are taking a big risk when dealing with a proven legitimate seller is not healthy paranoia; it's really quite cretinous.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 260
# 39
02-06-2013, 03:07 AM
our fleet also sells fleet ship , inc elite ship gear
on fed and kdf

Last edited by silverfaustx; 02-06-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,289
# 40
02-06-2013, 08:37 AM
I suspect that 'paid access' to T5 shipyards will become quite competitive very soon, especially as more fleets achieve it. If fleet A is selling T5 shipyard access for XXmillion EC, then no doubt fleet B will offer the same for Xmillion EC less, and so on.

As said, I might have considered this, but I don't have XXmillion EC and to be honest, I (personally) remain unconvinced that spending XX million EC + cost of fleet module(s) makes good sense when I could simply hang-fire and wait a little longer for the fleet I am a member of to achieve the same goal and thus obtain the vaunted T5 fleet ships for far less cost.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:41 AM.