Career Officer
# 31
02-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
You really think those were stock footage? No. The scene with the MFalcon was new work done by ILM for the movie. Vader's grave was a prop created specifically for that episode.

Seriously.... NO ONE agrees with your stance that the 2009 trek movie isn't canon. Give it a rest, or provide proof.
I already did. But others think using syllogistic fallacies as an argument is proof...

You DO understand that that was a grave of a specifically named STAR TREK character, right? that grave had nothing to do with Star Wars; in-joke or not. They weren't referencing the sith lord.

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 02-05-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Career Officer
# 32
02-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Seriously? Let's do a quick recap of what happened in that other thread.

You made a post claiming the 2009 movie wasn't canon. I made a post saying why I felt it was, and offered some proof as well. You promptly insulted me and refused to even look at the articles I'd linked. Back and forth at least six times, until I got sick of being insulted and gave up arguing.

I never once tried to "bully" you into believing it was canon. On the contrary, it was you who was bullying me into believing it was not.

Take another look at the exchange on that thread. Do you really believe you were responding to me in a civil manner?
i'll take that as a 'yes'.
Commander
# 33
02-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Whenever I worry that I might be taking my fandom too far, I can always find some thread to assure me that, no, there's real crazy out there and I'm not it.
Career Officer
# 34
02-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmudd View Post
Whenever I worry that I might be taking my fandom too far, I can always find some thread to assure me that, no, there's real crazy out there and I'm not it.
ah mr. mudd, good to know your sense of humor hasn't deteriorated

I have some epic wares for you...perhaps a latinum replica of the Ambassador-class Enterprise of the Federation?
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
02-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
i'll take that as a 'yes'.
Condescending dismissal of the other fellow's reasonable queries aside, you do come off as pretty unnecessarily insulting.

I wasn't even going to comment...'til I ran across your response to him in an unrelated thread about V'ger when he wasn't even addressing you, but someone else:

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
FINALLY! you said something logical.
So as far as public record of who's being unreasonable or not...anyway. While these attempts to just will oneself to be right tend to come off as pretty entertaining for those of us just scanning the conversation, when does this thread plan to hop back on-topic with the OP, anyway? Something about JJ Abrams and whether the next Trek will be good?

The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
"Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
Captain
# 36
02-05-2013, 06:17 PM
nikkyvix is right. Neither side is going to budge, so there's no real point in continuing this pointless argument.

I think there will be a third alternate-universe movie, whether JJ directs it or not. But I hope the Abramsverse ends there and we get back to prime Trek afterward. A new series would be great; there's plenty of galaxy left to explore.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Commander
# 37
02-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Wonder if this is just mere coincidence? Nice haircut. LOL

JJ being at the helm of the new-to-be-made-SW movies does not mean he's out of the running for making another ST based film.

Way too soon to suggest such a premise imo.

P.S.

Who can't wait to see lens flaring lightsabers and Han Solo with a new, J... err, hipster hair-style?

P.S.S.

Can't wait to see where everyone else has gone before in a Star Trek movie. More Kirk in a space suit! Hope he's mining his ass off for their dilithium grind!
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Career Officer
# 38
02-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by user839020189287 View Post
Wonder if this is just mere coincidence? Nice haircut. LOL

JJ being at the helm of the new-to-be-made-SW movies does not mean he's out of the running for making another ST based film.

Way too soon to suggest such a premise imo.

P.S.

Who can't wait to see lens flaring lightsabers and Han Solo with a new, J... err, hipster hair-style?

P.S.S.

Can't wait to see where everyone else has gone before in a Star Trek movie. More Kirk in a space suit! Hope he's mining his ass off for their dilithium grind!
Considering the Mouse has its paws on the franchise now, I smell a conflict of interest clause coming out where JJ is concerned.
Career Officer
# 39
02-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyvix View Post
I wasn't even going to comment...'til I ran across your response to him in an unrelated thread about V'ger when he wasn't even addressing you, but someone else...
so acknowledging the only cool idea that he's presented is a bad thing??
And you want to say OTHER people are illogical??
Captain
# 40
02-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
With JJ directing Star Wars, all I can say is that the way he made Star Trek bad, he is going to make star wars bad (It is already not a good show, but I do want it being ruined like Trek was). Although, it may be the right style for it. With JJ gone, we may finally have some proper Trek. And a new series would be cooler, because there would be more to watch.
Star Trek has 727 episodes (inc. films)
Star Wars has ... 6? Pitiful

I am going to send Paramount Studios a HAND WRITTEN letter, begging them for some proper Trek, and I am sure you guys would not mind me doing that.
But this is not going to work if one kid sends one letter
I need you guys to pressurise them too
Thanks for reading
Those were TV series and Star wars never made any as there were 6 of TMP 4 TNG and 1 JJ.I have't heard a thing about JJ doing stars wars movie.

They CBS will never bring Trek of the TNG era back.It is CBS not Paramount you should write to.You won't get the attention on this site as of V down there.The Head Admin wrote to Mr Redstone himself and got reply back but it is all on that V site.

We having been covering everything Trek for 11 years now.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers