Lieutenant
From a science Doff mission, I got a Rare Alien Object. The description of it says that I should go to my ship interior and talk to my science officer, who will convert the Alien Object into a console.

I go to my bridge, and walk up to my Science Dept Head (have also tried the other Sci Boff on the bridge), and... I am ignored. Not even a salute or greeting, much less a conversation or offer to work on the Alien Object.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or have missed? I'm just about ready to heave her out the nearest airlock.
Captain
# 2
02-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Did you go to the NPC in the engineering lab on the engineering deck of your ship? That is the one you need to visit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Captain
# 3
02-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Take the rare artifact to the science officer, in the engineering lab. Under special projects select infuse alien artifact (4 hours).

Take the powered artifact to the engineer, in main engineering, select fabricate prototype console (or something like that).

FWIW I make more money just selling the thing on the exchange. Then (eventually) you can get the console you want with EC.
Captain
# 4
02-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiap View Post

FWIW I make more money just selling the thing on the exchange. Then (eventually) you can get the console you want with EC.

^^ This. It's best to sell the Artifact. Much better return than the chance of crafting a VR or even a Rare console.
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc