Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Captain
Just another copy and paste Fed mission!

Why is the KDF invovled - Yar's timeline was at war with KDF where 30 billion lives had been lost - but she shows up there at the Tholin base and has no problem with a KDF helping her escape with the KDF captain taking command of the Ent-C?? You got to be joking.

This mission is just another Fed mission with a slight change in who will make the distraction of the Tholin guard.

Keep believing in the Line that they will finish the KDF - but they could not make the 3rd anniv mission a little more that a Fed copy paste?
Captain
# 2
02-05-2013, 06:07 PM
It was just a mission for both factions since its all their interest to preserve the timeline.
I'm happy I got a free ship, and didn't really care about the mission being uniquely KDF. We got a new ship for the KDF so that is good I won't complain.
Empire Veteran
# 3
02-05-2013, 06:11 PM
The only people who believe that they will finish the KDF are new to cryptic.

There isn't many dual faction missions that seem like the KDF belong. Worst: 2nd Dominion mission. That was embarrasing.

But this comment:
Quote:
Why is the KDF invovled - Yar's timeline was at war with KDF where 30 billion lives had been lost - but she shows up there at the Tholin base and has no problem with a KDF helping her escape with the KDF captain taking command of the Ent-C?? You got to be joking.
doesn't really explain why she shouldn't.
Who else is she going to trust?
Obisec?
The andorian with anger issues?
She probably came to the same conclusion that I came to: What do I have to lose?
Captain
# 4
02-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Slaves trying to escape generally ignore foolish things like hostility towards former enemies. All that matters to the Enterprise C crew is that you are new and not likely to be a spy for the Tholian guards. They probably even notice a rebellious spark in your character that refuses to bow down to authority. Besides, the mission is all about time travel and the Enterprise C. There is no Klingon ship that could be used since there is no episode in Star Trek that causes immense change to the Klingon Empire because they weren't in the right place and time. Possible that there was a Klingon ship like that but Star Trek is focused on the Federation.
Commander
# 5
02-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Tasha: "Help us prevent the deaths of 30 million feddies which were lost in the war with the KDF!!! Grovel. Grovel."

KDF Player: "Uh. I hear that my coverall-disguised First Officer needs assistance with checking a cargo manifest!"

*leaves station and warps out, back to the grind*
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8

Last edited by user839020189287; 02-05-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Captain
# 6
02-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
It was just a mission for both factions since its all their interest to preserve the timeline.
I'm happy I got a free ship, and didn't really care about the mission being uniquely KDF. We got a new ship for the KDF so that is good I won't complain.
KDF is finished if this is what everyone thinks: we got a new free ship!
Captain
# 7
02-05-2013, 07:10 PM
And people LAUGHINGLY -want- a new Playable Romulan faction???

The cynical side of me, sort-of hopes the May update includes a new playable Romulan faction. Then I can watch it crash and burn like the KDF has been doing ever since launch.
Empire Veteran
# 8
02-05-2013, 07:17 PM
I enjoyed the mission and found the story tied back to the original episode in a cool way though I would have found it easier to swallow in the begining if the D7 rift had been where KDF faction players started instead of the Enterprise rift.
It would have helped not set up the "Damnit! Another copy paste mission" feeling from the begining.
Overall though I thought the whole mission well centered in being almost generic factionwise.
Even B'vat had a use for once besides being the feds bungling badguy.

This mission certainly had us included better than many that came before it in my opinion.

As to wether Cryptic did the KDF wrong in the past.....Sure they did.

I was actually there, I remember it all.

2 years of picking the scabs and flicking them at the Devs in defiance has gotten us no where. If the Devs do not know the KDF fanbase feels by now then bKwdf they may be, but honestly Im waiting for May and enjoying MWO while I plinkering in STO still.
Its time for a new tactical approach than playing wounded targs because is and has not been working for us.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 9
02-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I enjoyed the mission and found the story tied back to the original episode in a cool way though I would have found it easier to swallow in the begining if the D7 rift had been where KDF faction players started instead of the Enterprise rift.
It would have helped not set up the "Damnit! Another copy paste mission" feeling from the begining.
Overall though I thought the whole mission well centered in being almost generic factionwise.
Even B'vat had a use for once besides being the feds bungling badguy.

This mission certainly had us included better than many that came before it in my opinion.

As to wether Cryptic did the KDF wrong in the past.....Sure they did.

I was actually there, I remember it all.

2 years of picking the scabs and flicking them at the Devs in defiance has gotten us no where. If the Devs do not know the KDF fanbase feels by now then bKwdf they may be, but honestly Im waiting for May and enjoying MWO while I plinkering in STO still.
Its time for a new tactical approach than playing wounded targs because is and has not been working for us.
Yes I know - should not whine - but it's just frustrating.
Empire Veteran
# 10
02-06-2013, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Yes I know - should not whine - but it's just frustrating.
It is, but for the most part, that's simply the standard with shared missions, whether they're FE's, the original storyline missions or these special ones.

I wasn't surprised that it happened, so I simply enjoyed it, with a little modified MST3K Mantra thrown in to prevent me from otherwise enjoying it in spots
Was named Trek17, but still an author.