Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,982
# 71
02-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
Wait, what? I played DOO with multiple toons and a huge guild, I don't recall anything notable about alignments at all.
It's been awhile, but alignment affected weapons and weapon abilities. You had some weapons that only good aligned characters could equip. And some that only evil aligned characters could equip.
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,982
# 72
02-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Personally, I feel it's all because most people mistook 'We'd LIKE to get this done by then' wording for actual promises... imo, business always have changing schedules and such, so it's not surprising when things change and/or fall through.

But no, many treated Cryptic's words like they're contracts written in blood... and some still do even though they're not sharing as much I never understood how others see things like that...
Come on now. Here's what Jack Emmert said back in March 2010: "Trust me, we'll continue to add PvE. I'm a die hard Klingon player and I'm constantly on the EP to add more."

He was constantly on the EP to add more. Trust him!

By July that EP (Zinc) left and DStahl took over for the first time.

In March of 2011, Stahl said, "More than half of the team is working on Klingon content for Season 4 at the moment, so I can assure that I remain committed to improving the KDF faction and have done so with every release."

This is back when no one was doing anything becauase as Stahl later revealed they didn't even have cups in their kitchen.

It's not about the playerbase misconstruing what was said. It's about the Cryptic employees saying one thing and doing something else entirely. I wonder if you even bothered to read the history that the OP went and read?

Come on now.

Falcon ends it properly. "...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl


He wants to be judged on his track record. And he is being judged on that track record.

Heck just going back and re-reading all of the comments about Season 4 ... it's scary how much the hype sounds like the same hype surrounding Season 8. It's like Charlie Brown trying to kick that football. And Stahl is Lucy. Maybe this time we'll kick it? Right? Right?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,434
# 73
02-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
It's been awhile, but alignment affected weapons and weapon abilities. You had some weapons that only good aligned characters could equip. And some that only evil aligned characters could equip.
That type of alignment is meaningless. Alignment should be a npc talking to your character saying here is 50 gold for saving the town and being such a great hero or here is 50 gold so please don't kill me. Basically alignment should determine how the characters of the world treat you, determine which quests are given, and maybe some physical changes to your character like gain an evil look such as red glowing veins, horns, etc or halo above the head and skin is glowing like Fable's alignment system.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 354
# 74
02-05-2013, 10:55 PM
I dont understand this klingon faction whining. Star Trek is primary about the federation so cryptic has more opportunities to create content because there is a lot of content. If you want a 100% counterpart to the federation is takes decades of evolution. You can't get a 100% federation faction 100% klingon faction 100% romulan faction 100% cardassian,borg or delta quadrant species factions, its impossible.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,063
# 75
02-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmanzelot View Post
I dont understand this klingon faction whining. Star Trek is primary about the federation so cryptic has more opportunities to create content because there is a lot of content. If you want a 100% counterpart to the federation is takes decades of evolution. You can't get a 100% federation faction 100% klingon faction 100% romulan faction 100% cardassian,borg or delta quadrant species factions, its impossible.
that's probably going to hurt your argument more than help it. It's not how much there was in the show as much as it was what they told the players as well as promised and hyped and lied. There's enough of each of those factions to add 100% to each as well as Ferengi, Cardassian, and i'm sure maybe one or two others including borg factions to the game. We've seen various ships, people, home worlds, and dialog that any writer and artist could build a game faction out of.

To say you couldn't do it because the show was about the federation and not those other guys would be like saying you couldn't play winston in a ghostbusters game because it's mostly about Ray.
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 289
# 76
02-06-2013, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmanzelot View Post
I dont understand this klingon faction whining. Star Trek is primary about the federation...
You fail to understand there are no "good guys" without "bad guys".

Also, Gene Rodenberry used the UFP vs. KDF theme to exemplify the USA/ NATO vs. USSR/ China/ WARSAW Pact tensions aka Cold War.

So Klingons are just as much an important part of ST as is your precious feddieration.

Devs, you reading this?

*cough*
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,219
# 77
02-06-2013, 01:11 AM
I'm actually fairly happy with the state of the Empire as-is. Fractured, corrupt, ripe for a Gorn insurrection...

Seriously though, I do have a short wish list of things I'd like Cryptic to address before introducing another faction.

1.: Klingons available to start from Level 1. The T1 and T2 ships are already there. I can not think of any reason why the Klingons should have to start from T3/level 20, except for a lack of storyline mission content. Speaking of which...

2.: More Klingon-specific storyline episodes. The Fek'lhri are all well and good, but apart from that and four missions at the start, we get nothing. Did the High Council support B'Vat and his mad plan to unleash the Doomsday Machine, or augment the Gorn, or did we try to stop him? Don't we deserve more of a "war" with the Federation than a hit-and-run on Utopia Planetia and a rescue mission?

Those are the big ones; the next items are minor issues with easy fixes.

3.: More costume options for Gorn captains/BOffs. I see Gorn NPCs wandering around the first city with chains wrapped around their forearms, and wearing other unique costume pieces. Not that General Ssharki would deliberately chain himself or permit any member of his crew to do so, but it would be nice to have the choice.

4.: Costume options of any sort for Marauder BOffs. I just unlocked T4 Marauder and picked out my Human tac officer and discovered to my profound dissapointment that I could not alter a thing about his appearance. Not even his stance. (He's a renegade human space pirate - he should swagger!) And then when I got to his uniform to see what options I could not apply, I see Mercenary gear (which I've unlocked) is listed. Showing me that and not allowing me to apply it is just downright frustrating.

5.: Playable Humans. The Feds can play as Klingons wih a Z-store unlock. It seems only fair that the KDF get a similar option.

That's it. If Cryptic would adress one of the first two and two of the last three at some point this year, I'll be very happy.


"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 14
# 78
02-06-2013, 01:34 AM
To be honest, I really see no issue playing as KDF at all, really. I love the KDF, much funner/dramatic/combat orientated than the Star Fleet side.

Overall, the Starfleet side is so much stronger, not because they short handed the Klingons, but because the Federation side is the starting side for everyone. If they made it to where new players had to decide Federation, or Klingon, things would be dramatically different as far as how the fleets are dispersed.

Although it's quite odd having Klingons save the Federation, I find it quite humorous. Because in one mission, I'm helping them. The next mission, I'm pushing out and slaughtering their fleets.
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 14
# 79
02-06-2013, 01:40 AM
The biggest thing I would love to see, would be the Dreadnaught-Most powerful Klingon Vessel ever constructed (or I think it was called the Dreadnaught?) It was a cross between Gorn and Klingon Technology during the Dominion War, it was used to spearhead the Klingon Fleet to Cardassia, only seen in one episode of DS9. It made the Galaxy Class Starships look like childs toys.

Or if they put in Romulans all together, the Reman Warbird-Centar.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 859
# 80
02-06-2013, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Forgive me for not having an answer but I missed the episode about Enterprise-C causing a monumental change to history. If a young Gorkon or Martok had been onboard one of the pursuing klingon ships mentioned in the mission it would likely have made more sense to my KDF toons rescuing the captured captain and his kamarag, without changing anything else in the mission except to have the option to have him distract the guard.
Uhhhh, Gorkon was dead by the time the Enterprise-C was in service.....did you mean Gowron?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:09 PM.