Empire Veteran
# 1 Seasons
02-05-2013, 11:41 PM
I just realized this.

We've said on here that no Star Trek has ever lasted past 7 seasons*, and in an odd way, that seems to have come true for STO here. I mean, Dstahl has said that the update in May won't be a season, so in that regard, we WILL be in season 7 still for most, if not all of the year.

*Yes I know that's mostly just the name they use.

Survivor of Romulus
# 2
02-05-2013, 11:43 PM
May will be biggest Update,like all Seasons atm in 1,after that we get more Seasons.
Captain
# 3
02-05-2013, 11:49 PM
I am just wondering if Season 7 airs the Series Finale and "Season 8" has the series premiere of the next STO series.

Would be funny if the devs put up a message the day they take the servers down for the major May update, "Thank you playing Star Trek Online: The Beta. Now Star Trek Online: The Actual MMO will begin in a few hours."
Rihannsu
# 4
02-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Season 8 will most likely be the patch in later 2013.

but yes, it really is just a name. personally i think they should stay with seasons to matter what. its less confusing but i guess they want to advertise this as something special.

not surprising i guess with into Darkness coming out that you would want to try and promote the game as much as possible.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Commander
# 5
02-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I just realized this.

We've said on here that no Star Trek has ever lasted past 7 seasons*, and in an odd way, that seems to have come true for STO here. I mean, Dstahl has said that the update in May won't be a season, so in that regard, we WILL be in season 7 still for most, if not all of the year.

Or maybe they have an internal name...

Season 8: Cancelled

We are just funding NWN and this is all an exercise in PR and C-Store management?

No way. Cryptic would not do us like that!

Naw, what we shall see are re-runs.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Career Officer
# 6
02-06-2013, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I just realized this.

Since Season 5 was just half of what Season 4 was supposed to be ... not true at least every ST-Show had ~20 Episodes per Season ... so a good point for what Dstahl is actually saying ... just PR ... no TV-Show is gonna be a Movie just because it has more than 20 Episodes either ...

Last edited by thutmosis85; 02-06-2013 at 02:27 AM.