Captain
# 31
02-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcfoxtrot View Post
Moving us closer to a model like what Suricata proposed would be awesome.

http://www.suricatafx.com/wp-content...er_Changes.jpg
So they're finally giving this a look? Season 8 looks promising already!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
02-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Interesting concept, but will it be a functional as a balance effect? As to ships' special sets and the like?

A lot of questions to surface on feasiblity and functionality to any ship on any tier level. And yes, the strongest core will not fit into a shuttle per se *but folks will love to try*

This will be a grand change in design for the game and the engine itself...if ever done.

Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T1.5, Tac 2, Eng 1 & Sci 1.
To the Edge of Space and Beyond

Subscribe to STO--1200+ days
LTS December 2011
Captain
# 33
02-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by truewarper View Post
Interesting concept, but will it be a functional as a balance effect? As to ships' special sets and the like?

A lot of questions to surface on feasiblity and functionality to any ship on any tier level. And yes, the strongest core will not fit into a shuttle per se *but folks will love to try*

This will be a grand change in design for the game and the engine itself...if ever done.
Well before they were saying "Nuh-uh-No-way-No-how", so this is actually rather promising. Also, the sets that could be made with this.... that idea pleases me....
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 34
02-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcfoxtrot View Post
Moving us closer to a model like what Suricata proposed would be awesome.

http://www.suricatafx.com/wp-content...er_Changes.jpg
that is a paradox (I dont want to call it BS ).It says the idea is to not make the game feel rigid and then it shows a tactical ship/warpcore with 3 energy weapons front (dhc i guess).How is that NOT rigid when you are forced and limited by that thing to use x number of forward energy weapons?

If the reason for all that thing is "cruisers have not enough dps or tankyness" (read that many times on the forums) then all cruisers should have a link to the pvp forum.There are guides how to make cruisers do what they are supposed to do ........cruise
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
02-05-2013, 11:52 PM
Actualy warp core type doesn't have to relate to size.

Seeing as the warp core is an engine it will probably follow the same path as impulse engines do.

You will probably have afew different kinds like an efficient or a high output version.

You will probably see stats like warpcore efficiency, warp core potential, drivercoil, eps systems, and engine performance.

It will probably affect your sector space speed.

And will most likely add a power bonus ontop of the innate ship bonus.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Commander
# 37
02-06-2013, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
Actualy warp core type doesn't have to relate to size.
[Some of the crew are on the holo-deck watching Data doing his new stand-up comic routine when in rushes Geordie.]

Data: "Is that a warp core in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

*sound of snare drum and cymbal crash* Badoom tsss!

Geordie: "Actually, it is a warp core, Data."

Data: "Take my wife... please!"

Geordie: "But, ah, Data... You are not married and I really do not see the relevancy of associating warp core technology with being humorous. I think I need to check your emotion chip for irregularities!"

[A tribble then voids it bowels and dies instantly while Captain Picard pulls off another familiar yet still epic face-palm.]
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Lieutenant
# 38
02-06-2013, 12:53 AM
That is sort of using the SFC series model, in that you are able to keep the same ship and upgrade it through various levels by upgrading the equipment rather than getting a whole new ship at each level. While the SFC series used "mass" as the deciding factor on how much equipment each ship could use, this is proposing to use MK levels. I do like that idea, especially if they continue to add systems, like sensors, computer cores, electronic warfare. However, I wonder if increasing complexity lends itself to being picked up by new players. I would personally love it though.
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
02-06-2013, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by user839020189287 View Post
[Some of the crew are on the holo-deck watching Data doing his new stand-up comic routine when in rushes Geordie.]

Data: "Is that a warp core in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Geordie: "Actually, it is a warp core, Data."

Data: "Take my wife... please!"

Geordie: "But, ah, Data... You are not married and I really do not see the relevancy of associating warp core technology with being humorous. I think I need to check your emotion chip for irregularities!"

[A tribble then voids it bowels and dies instantly while Captain Picard pulls off another familiar yet still epic face-palm.]
Yet there are warp cores on shuttles.

I said type not class. type refering to what is different versus other warp engines.
Class would refer to the size of vessel its installed in.

And again impulse engines, shield arrays, deflector arrays, and most weapons systems have no modifier for the size of vessel they can go it. so its safe to assume it represents a system type and not the size class.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Commander
# 40
02-06-2013, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
Yet there are warp cores on shuttles.

I said type not class. type refering to what is different versus other warp engines.
Class would refer to the size of vessel its installed in.

And again impulse engines, shield arrays, deflector arrays, and most weapons systems have no modifier for the size of vessel they can go it. so its safe to assume it represents a system type and not the size class.

FIXED. thanks for pointing that out!

Data: "Is that a shuttle class warp core in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Geordie: "Actually, that is my p****, Data. I have the shuttle class warp core, right here, in my hand."

Data: "Holy ****ing ****, Geordie! There are children present!"

Geordie: "Such language, Data... Your ocular implants must clearly be malfunctioning or you would have noticed my holding this warp core. I think I better run some diagnostics just to be on the safe side."

Data: "That's ok, Geordie... I feel fine and I am cer..."

*sound of Data powering down as Geordie removes Data's head*

Geordie: " Aha! I see said the blind man..."

"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8

Last edited by user839020189287; 02-06-2013 at 01:52 AM.