Lt. Commander
# 561
02-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
or maybe i wanted your builds in your posts! and i wanted the thread to be a collaboration! until today, maybe it was not i who was lazy

oh and mav, don't miss out on the free tier 5 ambassador and kamarang during the anniversary event, at least log in and run the anniversary mission to get them. the tier 5 are only available during this event! they both have COM eng, LTC sci, LT eng, LT tac and ENS tac.

also, get the party popper from Q, you can fill rooms with huge balloons that it can make!
Lazy me? Pfft I'm retired remember? You're lucky I even remembered my log in password to get on this forum!

What do I have to do to get the lolships.
Captain
# 562
02-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavhax View Post

A double jointed jaw and no gag reflex.
Lt. Commander
# 563
02-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair View Post
A double jointed jaw and no gag reflex.
Sadly you weren't far off the mark.

Cryptic should just quit now.
That was beyond the pale level of ''special'' even for them.
Career Officer
# 564 maximized Plas'Tinga
02-06-2013, 02:40 AM
This is my version of the Plas?Tinga. It has cost me a lot of farming to finally get all the parts I wanted. I have got almost every item available to maximize plasma damage; especially the plasma DoT (Embassy consoles, romulan reputation items, reman deflector/engine and the several set bonuses). I run it with my tactical captain to boost the (dot) damage even more.

Ship: Fleet K'Tinga

Front: Omega torpedo, advanced fleet plasma torpedo, 2x cannon (or DHC).
Back: Romulan hyper torpedo, cutting beam, plasma turret, romulan experimental beam array

The omega and fleet torp in front because they do the most DoT (around 1000 / tick).

Deflector + Engine: reman MKXII
Shield: adapted KHG (=MACO)

Engineering Consoles:
Neutronium Alloy
Tachyokinetic Converter
Plasmonic Leach
Borg Assimilated module

Science consoles:
Zero Point energy conduit (+plasma dmg, + EPS system)
2x embassy Particle Generators Mk X [-Th] [Pla] (to boost DoT and EWP)

Tac consoles:
3x Plasma Infuser Mk XII (boosts both energy and torpedo DoTs)

Boffs:
HY1, CRF1
TT1

ET1, AtoB1, DEM1, EWP3 (DEM can be replaced for RSP2)
EptW1/E1, AtoB1, EptS3
TrB1, HE2

Doffs:
3x technician
2x torpedo
(can replace 1 with the EWP engine disable doff)

With the adapted KHG combined with EptS3, I have massive resist, not needing any other shield heals.
ET1/TT1 are to use on demand (but is hardly needed)

Set Bonuses:
2x romulan rep items: + plasma dmg
3x romulan rep items: every 2 minutes high DoT FAW from experimental beam array
2x reman deflector/engine: +plasma torps speed boost + defense and + extra particle gens for EWP
2x borg rep items: + power = more dmg
3x borg rep items: + heal passives

I don?t know how to make this build even more brutal. If anyone has a suggestion, I will try it out.

Last edited by rudiefix1; 06-11-2013 at 05:35 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 565
02-06-2013, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Lazy me? Pfft I'm retired remember? You're lucky I even remembered my log in password to get on this forum!

just got to do a not to long high quality mission, given by a new npc standing in front of qinn's office/ out side the transporter room in the first city. don't put it off, limited time and all that for tier 5 versions. and the balloon maker is worth loging in and playing with alone. get that from Q.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
# 566
02-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
just got to do a not to long high quality mission, given by a new npc standing in front of qinn's office/ out side the transporter room in the first city. don't put it off, limited time and all that for tier 5 versions. and the balloon maker is worth loging in and playing with alone. get that from Q.

That mission was horrible. I was about ready to shoot someone in the face over it.
That ship was hardly free as far as I'm concerned.

Also add those builds to the TOC already
Empire Veteran
# 567
02-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Quote:
That mission was horrible. I was about ready to shoot someone in the face over it.
That ship was hardly free as far as I'm concerned.

Also add those builds to the TOC already
the ambassador has a good healer setup, and a battle cruiser with VM all doffed out could be even more dangerous then ktinga or vorcha. im working on the TOC, thats a huge amount of things to update, and its slightly more work then just pasting an address. i was almost done yesterday but then dead space 3 finished downloading

*edit
ok, the deed is finally done, TOC updated

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 02-06-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Captain
# 568
02-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Drunk, I'm not sure whether you caught this the other time that I mentioned it about ACT and parsing plasma - but I just went through and dropped some info out in an Academy thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=514751

When you were looking at the contributions from Plasma Energy/Torpedo/Mine along with your EWP - you likely weren't getting all the info...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Ensign
# 569
02-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Hey guys, another question from me :p

I was messing around with my Vesta and thought it would be cool to have 5%+5%+10%+10% = 30% Defence just like that (from the setup below)... Does it even stack that way?

Aegis Deflector
Aegis Engines
MACO Res Shields Mk XII

2x Flight Deck Officers (Increase 10% defense in Recall mode)

If it does indeed stack like that, would it be viable as a speedy healer using engineers in the lt.commander and lieutenant boff slot?

Last edited by babyfacez; 02-06-2013 at 11:58 PM. Reason: added colors again
Empire Veteran
# 570
02-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Drunk, I'm not sure whether you caught this the other time that I mentioned it about ACT and parsing plasma - but I just went through and dropped some info out in an Academy thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=514751

When you were looking at the contributions from Plasma Energy/Torpedo/Mine along with your EWP - you likely weren't getting all the info...
the parcer gets EWP correct, but dots from weapons is all messed up. i think only the DOT from energy weapons even has it's own entries in ACT.

as far as i can tell, on torps the DOT and torp damage to shields and hull are all in the same entry. thats the only way to explain the number of swings. it doesn't like the omega torp ether, theres the energy orb entry, but i think thats for shield impacts, then its just called a plasma torp for hull hits, and its DOT.

none of that fits nicely in the log unfortunately.

*edit pretty often in borg red alerts i'll get the unimatrix ship damage in my entry too

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 02-07-2013 at 12:28 PM.