Lt. Commander
So the Heavy Graviton Beam skill which comes with the 3 piece M.a.c.o. set as well as the Quantum Focus Phaser which is part of the Vesta Set both are a modification of the deflector array. Therefore it should still be available for use when your weapons are disabled. And yet when weapons are disabled you cannot fire the beam or the phaser. Furthermore the Quantum Focus Phaser is disabled by both weapons and auxiliary disables which is odd seeing as previously mentioned, both skills are modifications to the deflector array. And therefore should only be disabled when the auxiliary subsystem is disabled. Is the inability to use either skill when weapons are disabled intentional and if so why?

-Captain Shift-

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.

Last edited by tripwire690; 02-05-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Captain
# 2
02-06-2013, 12:14 AM
The QFFP is meant to go offline when you lose weapon power as it is technically a weapon (though apparently it drains from aux power) and the MACO beam going offline with weapon power is beyond me
Lt. Commander
# 3 Correct but...
02-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
The QFFP is meant to go offline when you lose weapon power as it is technically a weapon (though apparently it drains from aux power) and the MACO beam going offline with weapon power is beyond me
I understand that the QFFP is a "weapon" in the sense that it does damage. However it is NOT a weapon in the sense that it utilizes the weapons system according to the game. Technically the skill is no different than the graviton beam or feedback pulse or transfer shield strength. It is a modification of the deflector array for a specified purpose. Therefore when weapons are disabled it shouldnt go offline. Only a disability to the auxiliary subsystem should then render it disabled. NOT weapons. As you are not firing the QFFP out of a torpedo tube or beam array or beam bank but your deflector. At least that is the way it should work based on my understanding of the game. I could be wrong.

In addition technically when firing the QFFP you are rerouting main power (from the warp core I assume) to fire the phaser which is boosted not by weapons power but by auxiliary output alone. So once again it makes no sense to me that it should then be disabled when my weapons go offline. Let alone the heavy graviton beam. That is beyond me as well.

-Captain Shift-

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.

Last edited by tripwire690; 02-06-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Captain
# 4
02-06-2013, 05:04 AM
I don't know why, all I know is that the QFFP is in some way tied to weapon power by game design (they did an update for it and for other Vesta stuff)