Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 793
# 31
02-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
That would be cool ... traveling into the 26th century to help the Federation fight off the Sphere Builders. The Enterprise-J could be similar to the Borg Command Ship in size and strength, only fighting on our side for a change.
FINALLY! you said something logical.

P.S. perhaps a special Foundry mission? oh my! where you have the enterprise J and the sphere builders as Foundry-only sprites? OH MY!! *geekgasm*
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 793
# 32
02-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
There should only be one V'Ger in the game, and I should have it. It should also give me Dev powers that let me delete random objects from the game, like ESD or other player's starships.

Don't you see? It's completely fair. The complete fairness should be obvious to everyone.
like how the devs in their KDF characters stormed ESD and killed the admiral and the repair technician outside of requisitions.

One friend was in the Admiral's office and a newbie walked in and didn't see the admiral (who was laying dead behind the desk) and then he saw my friend, and quite innocently ask, "Are you the admiral?" so cute...

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 02-05-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,150
# 33
02-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
That would be cool ... traveling into the 26th century to help the Federation fight off the Sphere Builders. The Enterprise-J could be similar to the Borg Command Ship in size and strength, only fighting on our side for a change.
Now that DOES sound like fun!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,401
# 34
02-06-2013, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_...se_(NCC-1701-J)

The J is speculated to be about 2 miles long, which would be closer to 4000 meters.

Oh two miles I was reading it as 2 kilometres.

That still makes the J smaller than a Borg Cube.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.

Last edited by artan42; 02-06-2013 at 04:04 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 885
# 35
02-06-2013, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
That still makes the J smaller than a Borg Cube.
I'm not a game programmer, so I have no personal experience in what actually breaks a game from a programming standpoint other than what the dev's have said.

I think licensing issues aside, the best we would ever get is a scaled down ENT-J. The largest Borg cubes I've seen in the game that fire back are in STF's and all those cubes do is sit in one place and shoot. At most, they spin around. I guess it's moving an object that large that breaks the game.

I think it was TacoFangs that said once they could never do a properly scaled version of the Sol System because it would be so large your ship would visibly skip along its flight path. I assume it's the same kind of problem with moving ultra large objects around.

Porthos is not amused.
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 885
# 36
02-06-2013, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
There should only be one V'Ger in the game, and I should have it. It should also give me Dev powers that let me delete random objects from the game, like ESD or other player's starships.

Don't you see? It's completely fair. The complete fairness should be obvious to everyone.
I should also get an insta-kill thought grenade that can eliminate entire species from existence. That's totally fair. How can anyone argue with that? However, being such a great weapon, I should be the only one to have one. Non-proliferation and all that...

Porthos is not amused.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 177
# 37
02-06-2013, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
As for the Enterprise J, it has a length of what 2000 metres, the Atrox is about 1600 metres. Hell the Tarantula Class is larger than the J at 2070 metres.
Actually, Doug Dexler (designer of the E-J) said the ships is 2 miles long.
2 miles = 3218.7 meters.
Not 2000 meters.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 177
# 38
02-06-2013, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
That would be cool ... traveling into the 26th century to help the Federation fight off the Sphere Builders. The Enterprise-J could be similar to the Borg Command Ship in size and strength, only fighting on our side for a change.
Now that sounds even better. =3

This is something I think PW should do for us.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,150
# 39
02-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
I'm not a game programmer, so I have no personal experience in what actually breaks a game from a programming standpoint other than what the dev's have said.

I think licensing issues aside, the best we would ever get is a scaled down ENT-J. The largest Borg cubes I've seen in the game that fire back are in STF's and all those cubes do is sit in one place and shoot. At most, they spin around. I guess it's moving an object that large that breaks the game.

I think it was TacoFangs that said once they could never do a properly scaled version of the Sol System because it would be so large your ship would visibly skip along its flight path. I assume it's the same kind of problem with moving ultra large objects around.
It's just a GUESS, but I think it might have to do with the way the game does inertia and turning. Not sure... but now that I think about it.... enemy base-ships barely move... if they move at all.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,401
# 40
02-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosakara View Post
Actually, Doug Dexler (designer of the E-J) said the ships is 2 miles long.
2 miles = 3218.7 meters.
Not 2000 meters.
Yeah I just posted above that I mistook Miles for Kilometres.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:08 AM.