Rihannsu
I'll try to keep this short, as it's probably already been discussed on the forums how the KDF Fleet Uniform is kind of lacking.

I just recalled something from Season 6 trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...86rQVI_U#t=55s
Precisely this moment, ~55 sec.

What's this that I see? Shoulder pads? A collar? I think I see a sash or a chest-piece as well... Oh I do want that, yes please!

Yet this is what we get in the end - http://imgur.com/4usZv (pic uploaded by another forum user).

Do I even have to say how much disappointed I am by this? Not only the KDF facton doesn't get that many uniforms to begin with, but the ones they do are either ridiculously expensive (Korath Uniform - 200 Lobi, Warrior Skirts - 100/150 Lobi), require an expensive and long grind (Fleet Tailor, Reputation) or are plain and simply incomplete (Bortasqu) or bugged (KHG/Omega with no helmet options since Season 7 launch). Not only that, but they're also character unlocks, with the only account unlock since the game launch being the Klingon Academy outfit...

I know we can beg and plead on our knees for Cryptic to give KDF more love and they won't do a thing unless it'll return a sufficient amount of money, but these recent practices are quite frankly ludicrous. As if they don't even want people to play the KDF faction, yet continue to tease us with all these new toys and shinies we can't or won't obtain. The Bortasqu uniform in particular is blatant false advertising, as the Season 6 trailer (you know, from over half a year ago?) shows us a uniform that we are supposed to unlock through the starbase progression, yet after doing so we only get a basic variant of and no info about the rest... "Disappointed" is a mild way to describe how I feel about this...
Career Officer
# 2 Tier 2?
02-06-2013, 08:09 AM
I suspect that there's another tier of the Bortasq' and Odyssey uniforms, probably tied to the Embassy Tailor. They're probably saving the "missing" parts for that.

I also don't see the rectangular UFP belt buckle for the Odyssey uniforms either, that I've seen the Vulcan captain wearing in some of the screenshots of New Romulus.

EDIT: Now that it's been revealed that the special outfit from the Embassy Tailor is Romulan Senator robes, it's obvious that additional tiers of Bortasq' and Odyssey uniforms aren't tied to that. I still think they're gated behind something, I have no idea what. Maybe they will be a stabase special project?
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.

Last edited by bberge1701; 02-14-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
02-06-2013, 08:10 AM
whats the ship outside the window at 1:02 ? above the runabout
Captain
# 4
02-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge1701 View Post
I suspect that there's another tier of the Bortasq' and Odyssey uniforms, probably tied to the Embassy Tailor. They're probably saving the "missing" parts for that.

I also don't see the rectangular UFP belt buckle for the Odyssey uniforms either, that I've seen the Vulcan captain wearing in some of the screenshots of New Romulus.
We do, look at the assets in the foundry after you upload a character, there is even a long coat option.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
02-06-2013, 08:22 AM
what the heck is 0:30?
Captain
# 6
02-06-2013, 08:50 AM
I love how everything looks way better in this trailer than it is actually presented ingame. I dont remember seeing any planets and nebulas when I last visited my fleets starbase, just boring space in the middle of nowhere.

Regarding the uniform, just go check the item description. It says 'basic' uniform. I guess we will see the rest in another starbase project, maybe the embassy tier III tailor will unlock the missing shoulder pads (but that would be really disappointing, I want some Romulan design!). They are certainly ingame already, several klingon NPCs are wearing them ... but then again you can also see KDF personnel wearing the Feds mercenary outfit to which we have no access.
Rihannsu
# 7
02-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge1701 View Post
And you're all fine with that?

There has been little talk about any Embassy when Fleet Starbases launched. We were teased with a brand new proper KDF outfit (finally) and now we're expected to grind to Tier 3 Embassy Tailor in addition to Tier 3 Starbase Tailor just to that we MIGHT obtain the other parts?

And who says that we will? They might as well give us only the shoulder pads, while the chest-piece or any other addition will be obtainable from yet another Fleet holding in another half a year or so...

Keep in mind, not all of us are in large fleets that are getting close to maxing out their starbases. For many of us it is difficult to reach this Tier to be able to purchase new outfits, especially on the KDF side (many communities focus solely on FED, sadly...). Yet at the moment this is the only way to get new stuff - pay Lobi, grind reputation or upgrade the starbase and then HOPE that the new per-character costume isn't going to be bugged or incomplete...

Way to go Cryptic... So much for supporting KDF faction...
Captain
# 8
02-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
We do, look at the assets in the foundry after you upload a character, there is even a long coat option.
Where is that?
Captain
# 9
02-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Where is that?

If you import a KDF costume option to a foundry it unlocks a lode of new options, most don't display. I think it is in the Jacket - lose section.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Captain
# 10
02-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
If you import a KDF costume option to a foundry it unlocks a lode of new options, most don't display. I think it is in the Jacket - lose section.
Do you think they might be replacing the defaults with the Oddy's? Those look more Star Treky.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.