Empire Veteran
# 81
02-06-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmanzelot View Post
I dont understand this klingon faction whining. Star Trek is primary about the federation so cryptic has more opportunities to create content because there is a lot of content. If you want a 100% counterpart to the federation is takes decades of evolution. You can't get a 100% federation faction 100% klingon faction 100% romulan faction 100% cardassian,borg or delta quadrant species factions, its impossible.
Oh the KDF being upset is understandible. Just like the feds, we cry for what we desire.
My point is its not working too well insulting the Devs and it is time to stop.
Otherwise its still valid to ask for and give reasons why more story content, costume options, Gorn,Orion & other KDF racial content and a complete faction to improve over all gameplay is needed.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 82
02-06-2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Fan driven expectations have clouded all our vision and it always will.
I wonder how many rage threads there will be come May, after people have deluded themselves into thinking it's absolutely certain there is a Rom faction incoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
That type of alignment is meaningless.
You actually can't be Evil in DDO unless they've changed things since I've played, only the other 6 alignment combinations are available. All player characters are basically explorers based in Stormreach.

Player guild halls are flying ships, which are both appropriate to the setting and really awesome. If you jump off the side you'll actually fall into Stormreach proper. If you land in water you're good, if you land in the city other players will see you splat.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Career Officer
# 83
02-06-2013, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmanzelot View Post
I dont understand this klingon faction whining. Star Trek is primary about the federation so cryptic has more opportunities to create content because there is a lot of content. If you want a 100% counterpart to the federation is takes decades of evolution. You can't get a 100% federation faction 100% klingon faction 100% romulan faction 100% cardassian,borg or delta quadrant species factions, its impossible.
Then tell me how there are numerous games who managed to depict what you say is impossible, or in case of games like "Klingon Honor Guard", "Klingon Academy" or "Star Trek: Klingon" do something that should be even less than impossible: focus on a non-Federation faction entirely.
Captain
# 84
02-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscreamfighte View Post
The biggest thing I would love to see, would be the Dreadnaught-Most powerful Klingon Vessel ever constructed (or I think it was called the Dreadnaught?) It was a cross between Gorn and Klingon Technology during the Dominion War, it was used to spearhead the Klingon Fleet to Cardassia, only seen in one episode of DS9. It made the Galaxy Class Starships look like childs toys.
Can you remember the name of the episode? I'd love to see what that thing looks like.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 85
02-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Can you remember the name of the episode? I'd love to see what that thing looks like.
I think it exists only in starscreamfighte's head.
Empire Veteran
# 86
02-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Come on now. Here's what Jack Emmert said back in March 2010: "Trust me, we'll continue to add PvE. I'm a die hard Klingon player and I'm constantly on the EP to add more."

He was constantly on the EP to add more. Trust him!

By July that EP (Zinc) left and DStahl took over for the first time.

In March of 2011, Stahl said, "More than half of the team is working on Klingon content for Season 4 at the moment, so I can assure that I remain committed to improving the KDF faction and have done so with every release."

This is back when no one was doing anything becauase as Stahl later revealed they didn't even have cups in their kitchen.

It's not about the playerbase misconstruing what was said. It's about the Cryptic employees saying one thing and doing something else entirely. I wonder if you even bothered to read the history that the OP went and read?

Come on now.

Falcon ends it properly. "...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl

He wants to be judged on his track record. And he is being judged on that track record.

Heck just going back and re-reading all of the comments about Season 4 ... it's scary how much the hype sounds like the same hype surrounding Season 8. It's like Charlie Brown trying to kick that football. And Stahl is Lucy. Maybe this time we'll kick it? Right? Right?
I've been here since Open Beta. Trust me, I know pretty much all of the general things that happened since then

And I don't have a problem with people saying one thing and doing another, btw And yes I'm serious, because I don't see the issue with it. And before you tell me a story about why it'd bad, I've had it happen to me in real life.

Never had an issue with it happening to my face, still don't now lol.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Empire Veteran
# 87
02-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
He may be thinking of the Regents ship.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 88
02-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
He may be thinking of the Regents ship.
Pretty sure that was a Negh'var anyway, since they would of re used the art assets from the batlle in the way of the warrior when the KDF attack DS9, I remember it blowing the heck out the station and breaching its shields. Think Gowron and Martok were both on it to.
Career Officer
# 89
02-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Then tell me how there are numerous games who managed to depict what you say is impossible, or in case of games like "Klingon Honor Guard", "Klingon Academy" or "Star Trek: Klingon" do something that should be even less than impossible: focus on a non-Federation faction entirely.
It's not impossible at all -- but even Microprose, Interplay and CBS (who owned Simon & Schuster at that time) found these games didn't sell as well as games based on the UFP/Fedxeration; and that's why you don't see 'Klingon-only' Star Trek games on the shelves/digital distribution.
^^^
That has been affecting the PWE's decision making process with regard to STO in that the suits/bean counters who also have a say in the direction STO content development takes (because it all takes money) -- want to be sure they get the best/most profitable ROI from new content added; and it appears (rightly or wrongly) that those folks don't believe new KDF only content will grow the game (population and dales wise) at the same level that new Fedc focused content does.
^^^
And I'm not saying the assessment is right/wrong/valid in the long run; but again - the suits with the purse strings are who needs to be convinced that the ROI is worth it to finish fleshing out the current KDF faction with a tutorial and a full 1 - 50 level PvE path similar to what the Federation faction currently has. DStahl does have a lot of say in the direction he can take STO; but if the guys in budget say, 'no' - and Dan says "I'm going to do it anyway" -- and the results aren't absolutely spectacular in terms of ROI and profit, then he looses his job, and I'm certain STO's budget would get reduced as well. Without the backing of those who decide his budget/staffing levels, completion of the KDF faction to bring its PvE contemt to parity with the Fed faction ain't going to happen.

I honestly do think the Cryptic STO Dev team has been trying to convince PWE to let them do that for the KDF, but the PWE budget folks aren't seeing the value of it yet.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 90
02-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
It's not impossible at all -- but even Microprose, Interplay and CBS (who owned Simon & Schuster at that time) found these games didn't sell as well as games based on the UFP/Fedxeration; and that's why you don't see 'Klingon-only' Star Trek games on the shelves/digital distribution.
I don't know those numbers so I can't really say anthing to that point.
However lordmanzelot's aimed at a supposed lack of background material to work with.
And even if those games didn't sell that well they didn't seem to struggle with the story.
Nor did STO in "The Path to 2409" for that matter.
There's actually a lot more story in there that we actually find in the game...