Ensign
# 1 n00b looking for a fleet
02-06-2013, 08:19 AM
A bit about me...

I live on the east coast of the US. I'm typically available from 9pm - 11pm (2am on Fri's and Sat's). When I'm not working (electrician by trade, work comes and goes) my schedule becomes much more open. However, when I'm working I can go for weeks without being available. I'm currently not working. I'm 38 (as of this month) and have a family and my friends (online and IRL) have to understand what that means.

I've been playing STO for about a week. This is my first MMO, but I've been a part of a few "clans" in the past so I understand what teamwork is (in game and out). I'm a casual guy and I prefer my games to allow casual play.

I'm looking for a group that's active, but casual. A group that understands real life takes precedence over a game or even online relationships. A group that's helpful for n00bs and vets alike. I'm not much of an RP kind of guy. More than anything, I consider myself a strategist.

Is there a group out there for a guy like myself?

Post here or message me in game: Bryant@mistaobvious
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2013, 12:49 PM
I won't write fancy stuff here and try to lock you. You just check out the links in my signature and see for yourself

Or have a look at the recruiting thread here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=321711

You will find several in-game handles in that thread, if you look for us in-game.

Kind regards,

Adm. Dorus
Timelords
Being here since 2011 Spring
Republic Veteran
Good afternoon. I hope you will take a moment and consider the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. We are a small but great fleet. We are easy going, dedicated and friendly. We all come from different backgrounds and have different ways of doing things, but that?s part of what makes us great.

Anyone in our fleet is happy to help others when needed, in almost any aspect of the game and in some cases RL. We have a fleet TeamSpeak3 server that we use for voice chat not just in-game but also to hang out as well and get to know each other better (not required, just available). Many of us are located on the East Coast and Midwest (USA), Canada, England and now even parts of the Middle East.

Although I say our fleet is dedicated, we also realize that everyone has lives as well, so when you need to take the time, you don't need to be concerned about losing your position within the fleet due to RL too. We do not discriminate against such things because we understand that sometimes real life issues and problems can take time to resolve, and that some time is needed to sort things out.

So please, think about joining and moving with us into 2410 armed with the best Intel, the most specific and targeted body of knowledge about STO, and a group of Fleet-mates who will be there with you in the crunch. Our Starbase is Tier 3 across the board with the tailor costume vendor upgrade currently in progress and we have started making inroads into restocking provisions for our Tier 1 Embassy. We also provide commodities to all for donation to the projects.

The Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet

Live Long and Prosper!

If you would like additional information on the [VKF] please don’t hesitate to contact me or any of our members.
Lieutenant
Hello,

I must say, I would be very interested in having you as part of my growing fleet. I will mention firstly that it is RP based, however, given your self-description as being a mature strategist, I feel that you might be a great fit.

Obviously RP is involved, however the strategy part could work nicely if you are interested in doing some PvP.

Most importantly however, is the understanding that RL does take precedence. 5th SOD is a fleet that definitely understands that, as our member base is made up of mature individuals, much like yourself.

Not to go on too much more, I invite you to take a look at our forum thread for more information. If you have any further questions, please feel free to leave a comment on the thread and we will be happy to answer. Alternatively, you can contact @ubermatten or @kpts4tv in-game for a more personal conversation.

Cheers, and good hunting!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Hello,

Please take a look at our fleet, Delirium Tremens, I think we have what you need regarding dealing with Real Life, etc.

Recruiting Post:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=382731

Our website:
http://stofleetdt.com

Feel free to contact me in game.

@l0cutus359

Good luck!
Ensign
# 6
02-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Thanks, everyone, for your replies. Wasn't expecting this much response so quickly.

I should note that I'm not very up on a lot in this game as of yet. While I've made captain, I'm pretty sure I haven't "built" my tactical char very good and still struggle with key binds and what type of ship I command. Basically, I need help. If you all are willing to provide that help (special help?), on top of everything else I posted above, then I'm sure I shouldn't have much trouble finding a home soon.
Republic Veteran
# 7
02-07-2013, 07:46 AM
No worries. As you level the main goal is to have fun and try things out. Once you hit max level then you should begin to look at what you want your toon to do. I know the VKF will and I am sure the other fleet who posted here will be more then willing to help you respec when you are ready.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2013, 07:50 AM
As my esteemed colleague from VKF put it ... every "good" Fleet is there to help you progress and have fun .. whether if Hardcore or Casual or in-between. Take your time
Being here since 2011 Spring
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
02-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Hi

Im Kraven with a fleet to be named, we have a very active member base and are very casual. We offer a T2 Embassy, T3 Starbase and T4 Ship yard.

We offer something that many fleets don't, a system called fleet support points, members will be awarded F.S.P. for attending scheduled events, player performance and completion of assigned missions. Negative F.S.P will be used as a deterrent to unacceptable behavior or dishonorable actions.

Fleet Support Point Rewards

Fleet support points will be awarded to members who sign up for flights, perform well and complete Squad missions.

Per flight sign up=200fsp
Attendance bonus(5 flights in a row)=500fsp
Performance bonus=100fsp
Squadron missions=1000fsp

FSP Rewards
Blue MkXI
Blue gear(def or shlds)=500fsp
Blue console=1500fsp
Blue weapon=2000fsp

Purple MkXII
Purple gear=5000fsp
Purple console=10000fsp
Purple weapon=50000fsp

bear in mind that not all consoles and weapons will be available but if possible can be procured.

We provide training and feedback to members who seek to improve their skills in both Pvp and Pve content, instruct members on balance and values in PvP environments and proper tactics to make PvE content more enjoyable and prosperous.

Being a supporting member of an active fleet is the best advice I can give in this game.
we know how hard it can be to grind and or afford great gear so let us help you. Are members are friendly and ready to answer any questions. Let our members teach you how to make energy credits, fleet/reputation marks and dilithium quickly and efficiently.

Good luck and have fun out there
Kraven@LIVIN

~The Eleventh Order~
11thOrder Youtube
Lieutenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaobvious View Post
Thanks, everyone, for your replies. Wasn't expecting this much response so quickly.

I should note that I'm not very up on a lot in this game as of yet. While I've made captain, I'm pretty sure I haven't "built" my tactical char very good and still struggle with key binds and what type of ship I command. Basically, I need help. If you all are willing to provide that help (special help?), on top of everything else I posted above, then I'm sure I shouldn't have much trouble finding a home soon.
Absolutely true about our fleet, as described above. I still encourage you to check out the forum thread in my signature, or contact @ubermatten or @kpts4tv.