Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Captain
# 11
02-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
X being broken and fixed, doesn't mean Y isn't broken.

And seriously, using a broken Tac BOFF ability for a comparison...seriously?

The issue with Ensign Engineering BOFF abilities...is not strictly a Cruiser issue. It affects all ships. It affects Cruisers and Battle Cruisers the most because of usually having the Cmdr/LCdr Eng BOFF slots, but it's not just a Cruiser/BC issue.

The issue with Engineers (which I've tried to avoid in this thread, since it's a Cruiser thread and Cruiser issues don't care about Tac, Eng, or Sci) - is not limited to Cruisers. That issue follows them into whatever ship they fly.

Basically, it sounds like your suggestion is for folks to play Tac/Tac or Sci/Sci...
...funny, that's kind of what I said it looked like Cryptic did with the design of the game.

Which...is...an...issue.
What Cmdr/LcDr Eng Boff slot issues are there again? If anything Sci Capt/Lt Commander Boffs have issues, but that's another subject.

I agree Engineers have issues.

My suggestion is if you're going to fly a base Fed Cruiser understand it's designed for team support and if you don't want to fill that role pick another ship. It has nothing to do w/Tac/Tac or Sci/Sci. It has everything to do w/playstyle choices. Exactly, what playstyle chioce do you want that isn't available in this game? Or is you want Fed Cruisers to fill all playstyle chioces?