Commander
# 31
02-06-2013, 03:28 PM
I heard that on Neverwinter they have a block system to create your own interior maps. Is this true? Because I know the devs are close to implementing it into STO but they only have a few templates knocked up and have since put it to one side to work on other bits. That's what a 'contact' of mine has said anyway.

I did an industrial transporter by using a wall of Klingon Generators and holographic podiums at the base. I have sinse deleted it but it had a very dirty/civilian/tough feel to it.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Rihannsu
# 32
02-06-2013, 03:49 PM
I imagine it works much the same way the random maps in Dragon Quest 9. Each map was composed of a bunch of randomly selcted "tiles". Each tile was either a hallway, or a peice of floor. DQ9 seemed to fill in walls around the floors, but for this we'll probably get whole rooms instead of peices of floor.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
02-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
I heard that on Neverwinter they have a block system to create your own interior maps. Is this true? Because I know the devs are close to implementing it into STO but they only have a few templates knocked up and have since put it to one side to work on other bits. That's what a 'contact' of mine has said anyway.

I did an industrial transporter by using a wall of Klingon Generators and holographic podiums at the base. I have sinse deleted it but it had a very dirty/civilian/tough feel to it.
Neverwinter indeed does have this functionality...but I will tell you now, do not hold your breath on seeing it within, well lets say this year. Unless by some miracle they have been already working on this, there are NO templates in existence so they will have to be built from scratch.