Captain
# 11
02-06-2013, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
Here are the Doffs I am using ...

Vog the Faithess
(Shield Distribution officer - chance to partially regenerate shields when take damage after brace for impact)

Koylun
(Conn Officer - Recharge time reduced for Tactical Team and buff)

Jayson Tommie Zange
(Projectile Weapons Officer - Chance to reduce the time to recharge Torpedoes)

Fritz Bruce Resinger
(Energy Weapons Officer - Chance to reduce the time to recharge when using cannon special attacks)

Tuziar
(Technician - recharge time on bridge officer abilities reduced)

I'd like to see what you guys are using in the way of Doffs?
Well, I can tell you they're definitely not running your Energy Weapons Officer or Technician, because those do literally nothing in this build. The Energy Weapons Officer reduces the cooldown for cannon abilities, but only down to global, and with two cannon abilities you're already running at global, so it doesn't help you. (Unless you got lucky and pushed your CRF3 cooldown to global, but that would be a very rare occurrence and would require at least two doffs for it to happen at all.) The Technician is almost worse. It only does anything when you use Auxiliary to Battery, which you don't have on your build (and really shouldn't, the Defiant can't afford to waste an eng slot on something that's not a survivability boost, and it will be running most things at global anyway, so it doesn't get much benefit from the cooldown reduction). So dump both those doffs, even empty slots are better because they make it visually obvious that it's a space to be filled with something good.

You could actually run more of any of the other 3 you're using. A second conn officer of good enough quality would allow you to run 1 TT and keep it at global, so you could put 2 torp abilities at ensign, both your cannon abilities at Lt., and have room for 3 attack patterns (maybe 2xAPO1 with APB3) (you actually should probably be running 2 of these doffs or none, since you want TT at global one way or another, which means either running 2 copies or 2 good quality conn doffs, with no part of each option available). I don't know how good shield distribution officers are at this point, I've never had room to try them, but I do know that projectile weapons officers are quite potent, can stack up to 3, and the more you have the better.
Ensign
# 12
02-06-2013, 03:10 PM
thanks for all the advice guys! actually i was wondering now if i should use a quantum torpedo launcher or chronoton launcher instead of the bio-neural....quantum because the DS9 Defiant had them and chronoton becasue Voyager got fracked up by them...not sure which ones i want lol

Last edited by alpha11111111111; 02-06-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
02-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha11111111111 View Post
thanks for all the advice guys! actually i was wondering now if i should use a quantum torpedo launcher or chronoton launcher instead of the bio-neural....quantum because the DS9 Defiant had them and chronoton becasue Voyager got fracked up by them...not sure which ones i want lol
Sorry to say, but it's best to stuff your canon instincts into a Jeffries tube and go with what works. In this case if you insist on having a torp, the Quantums are better of the two.

In the far future of STO Chronitons don't really frack anyone up outside of PVP, where their slowdown effect has an actual chance of being useful.