Ensign
# 161
02-06-2013, 10:44 AM
I can understand the money aspect of this, the more dilithium we can refine a day equals less money in the developers pockets. BUT, increasing the cap to 16,000 for vet or lifetime member would not be so terrible. Even at refining 16,000 a day it would still take 13 days to do one of the special starbase missions and it would still take 3 days to make any kind of shield, defelctor or engines in the reputation system and that is only the dilithium aspect of it. My point is if they want the dilithium to stay in a certain range, they should set it and not allow for it to push beyond those boundries to make sure they keep funding going and still be reasonable to player needs, and the amount of zen being converted into dilithium should just be icing on the cake and not something they rely on for consistent income.
Even if they increase the dilithium amount to 12,000 a day, it would still require 5 days to refine for a regular starbase mission or 5 people to donate. This seems pretty reasonable especially considering the small fleets out there that can't make any progress or even think about doing those special missions that are offered. You could buy a Mk XI blue consol in a day which seems reasonable considering it would take 10 days to buy all the consols and if we consider the time it takes to buy everything for a ship using dilithium out of the dilithium store it would take 33 days using 12,000 a day. Currently, it takes 49 days to fit a ship using the dilithium store and that is assuming you can reach the 8000 dilithium cap in a day.
Career Officer
# 162
02-06-2013, 10:49 AM
They can keep the cap at 8000 if they want I would just like to get the claims turned in for the unrefined dilithium.
Ensign
# 163
02-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claransa View Post
They can keep the cap at 8000 if they want I would just like to get the claims turned in for the unrefined dilithium.
I like this idea if it was turned in for refined dilithium!
Career Officer
# 164
02-06-2013, 02:20 PM
I don't understand why the claims have a 20 hour cooldown when we already have a 8k/day refinement cap.

Really Cryptic? You're that worried about my 20 claims adding 100k ore when I already have that amount waiting to be refined anyway?

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Career Officer
# 165
02-06-2013, 02:37 PM
This is exactly why I will never buy any Lock-box that has this item in it...

You are forced to either consume precious Inventory/Bank Space with these things piling up or Discharge them, which would be a Total Waste of your Master Key Purchase.

This is really the first thing that Cryptic has placed in the game that I want absolutely nothing to do with!

They had better do something about it soon or They are going to see a drastic drop-off of Dominion Box/Master Key sales.

I'm sure I'm not the only one upset enough with this item, too be willing to completely boycott opening these boxes.

This is the first time since their inception, that I have not even opened one and I have no plans to do so while that item exists in its current form.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Ensign
# 166
02-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
agreed, there is no legit reason to make this a daily
i got enough of those things to keep me doing it for the next 3 Months

the 8000 limit will not be going away though

Champions Online got a 16000 limit with their 1000 day Veteran Reward,
we did not!
There is a vendor at each academy that allows veterans to refine an additional 8000 dil daily.
Starfleet Veteran
# 167
02-06-2013, 06:22 PM
At first I thought the OP's idea was absurd. That you would get waaay too much dil, but then I had to agree with the point about the dilithium refining cap.

Considering the claims are bind on pickup, I think it should be a bit of a reward for those who spend so much buying keys that they accumulate so many of these things. Let them go ahead and cash them all in. They will probably spend weeks or months refining it all anyway.
Captain
# 168
02-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romuzarii View Post
A cap raise to 16k would solve alot of player headaches.
I wonder if hamsters complain that their wheels aren't made of gold?
# 169
02-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudosapien View Post
There is a vendor at each academy that allows veterans to refine an additional 8000 dil daily.
Are you sure? Last I checked, it was 1000 Dil every 2 days.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Career Officer
# 170
02-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
Are you sure? Last I checked, it was 1000 Dil every 2 days.
You are correct.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.