Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 403
# 41
02-06-2013, 10:17 AM
When you think about it, The Enterprise - J was a ship designed in a timeline where the Expanse has engulfed nearly the whole Alpha Quadrent, so perhaps it won't excist anymore now that the Temporal Cold War never happened.

Also I thought it would be cool if the relation between the Borg and V'ger was that the Borg assimilated the race that spawned from V'gers evolution...


Proposed Story:
Perhaps they could do a specail Episode where survivors of the assimilated race have rebuilt V'ger and are at war with the Borg. However Daniels takes you to the Enterprise - J and explains by the 26th Centuary V'gers cloud will expand to engulf most of the Quadrent.
You are then sent to 'Help the Borg' defeat V'ger.

Or Open the Enterprise - J as an Adventure Zone after it emerges from a temporal distortion badly damaged after a battle with the Tholians. Even have a PvE where you defend her from Borg attack!?
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,360
# 42
02-06-2013, 10:34 AM
I always assumed that B'ger was a nod to the Shatner/Reeves-Stevenseseseses books where the V'ger probe and it's origins was tied to the origins of the Borg.

The Borg decided they didn't need to assimilate Spock, because of the impression left in his mind from his contact with the V'ger intelligence.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 182
# 43
02-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
When you think about it, The Enterprise - J was a ship designed in a timeline where the Expanse has engulfed nearly the whole Alpha Quadrent, so perhaps it won't excist anymore now that the Temporal Cold War never happened.

Also I thought it would be cool if the relation between the Borg and V'ger was that the Borg assimilated the race that spawned from V'gers evolution...


Proposed Story:
Perhaps they could do a specail Episode where survivors of the assimilated race have rebuilt V'ger and are at war with the Borg. However Daniels takes you to the Enterprise - J and explains by the 26th Centuary V'gers cloud will expand to engulf most of the Quadrent.
You are then sent to 'Help the Borg' defeat V'ger.

Or Open the Enterprise - J as an Adventure Zone after it emerges from a temporal distortion badly damaged after a battle with the Tholians. Even have a PvE where you defend her from Borg attack!?
That would work too. =3
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 793
# 44
02-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
I should also get an insta-kill thought grenade that can eliminate entire species from existence. That's totally fair. How can anyone argue with that? However, being such a great weapon, I should be the only one to have one. Non-proliferation and all that...
well first of all, the Husnok were eliminated by a Douwd, by a thought - because of his rage over them killing his human mate.
Its hardly a weapon like a grenade.
But I suspect your thoughts were more along the line of a planet buster, as shown in one of the Star-ship Troopers films.

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 02-06-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,902
# 45
02-06-2013, 07:29 PM
I doubt that the size of the ship would break the game, there are objects in game that are much larger already, but it size would make it unplayable. Think of how badly an Odyssey turns and multiply that by 50, now add in that because it is so big, everything else is tiny in comparison, now think of how you would play the game with this big damn ship in the middle of the screen that turns so slow it's almost stationary and a bunch of tiny ships skittering around it, half of which you can't see because the ship blocks the view and when you zoom out, all you really get to see is the ship, everything else are little dots and tiny shapes completely wasting the combat visual effects .
In order to get the ship into the game it would have to be shrunk down to a fraction of its size to make it playable and then it won't be the same ship anymore because it's way smaller than it should be. If the ship makes an appearance such as somehow being pulled back trough time it would be as an NPC item like a Borg cube or command ship, you could see it, you might be able to beam aboard and do a mission on it, it could even serve as a base of operations for other missions, but it would not be useful as a player ship any more than a starbase would be useful as a player ship.
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 902
# 46
02-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
well first of all, the Husnok were eliminated by a Douwd, by a thought - because of his rage over them killing his human mate.
Its hardly a weapon like a grenade.
But I suspect your thoughts were more along the line of a planet buster, as shown in one of the Star-ship Troopers films.
Mostly I was cracking a joke and the Douwd was the first thing that came to mind.

Porthos is not amused.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 793
# 47
02-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
Mostly I was cracking a joke and the Douwd was the first thing that came to mind.
oh . I guess the punch line went over my head lol
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:49 AM.