Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 11
02-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I'm not sure how? This is just removing the project so that fleets are not stuck with it who can not complete it. The exchange is now the only way to get these commodities (unless fellow fleet mates have unopened commodity bundles, or are keeping extra in their banks). The project was always listed as a "limited-time" and at least one dev posted that we'd offer a solution to remove it if you were not able to finish it so you were not stuck with it And we're giving notice if you'd like to actually finish it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Why not just allow fleet leaders to dismiss it if they wish instead of forcing the choice on everyone?
Career Officer
# 12
02-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
Why not just allow fleet leaders to dismiss it if they wish instead of forcing the choice on everyone?
Indeed, as a now missing post would seem to prove my point...

As stated above, a much wiser move would have been to allow the Fleets to decide whether to continue or not...

Heavy-handed dealings always... end badly.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Career Officer
# 13
02-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure how? This is just removing the project so that fleets are not stuck with it who can not complete it. The exchange is now the only way to get these commodities (unless fellow fleet mates have unopened commodity bundles, or are keeping extra in their banks). The project was always listed as a "limited-time" and at least one dev posted that we'd offer a solution to remove it if you were not able to finish it so you were not stuck with it And we're giving notice if you'd like to actually finish it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This is not Offering a Solution...

This is detrimentally removing it with out so much as a how-do-you-do.

I have nothing at stake here as my one man fleet never even considered this project...

But even I can see how this is going to bring down loads of hard feelings upon your already shaky relationship with a portion of the player base.
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
Commander
# 14
02-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
The date of this probably should have been released a while ago at this point any solo fleet who's member has been working on this gradually as he or she can afford it will pretty much lose out. Instead a project that costs say 1 fleet mark should have been made available that will remove the breen projects when completed or a contact could have been placed on the Fleet base to do so that only a fleet leader can interact with.
Career Officer
# 15
02-06-2013, 06:29 PM
My suggestion...

Offer something really, really great to the player base on Valentines Day, so as to minimize the fallout from those folks who don't see this thread till it's too late.
Lieutenant
# 16
02-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I can't speak for the others, but I was given the impression that if the project wasn't completed by the time the winter event was over, the remaining balance of incomplete materials would be converted to dilithium and the project could be finished that way. My fleet finished it last week, thankfully, but I really feel sorry for the people who have spent time and quite possibly Lobi (aka, real money) into gathering the resources for this are having their efforts wiped away. And no, fleet credits are not a satisfactory means of compensation when real money is potentially involved.

I seriously hope you guys rethink this decision.
Captain
# 17
02-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Please, and I think that most of the fleet agrees, make this ornament hide on default!

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
# 18
02-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerritourug View Post
Please, and I think that most of the fleet agrees, make this ornament hide on default!
This, so much this. It's such an eyesore.

I guess this means we are getting a new project on the 14th then. Wonder what that will be?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Captain
# 19
02-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
I guess this means we are getting a new project on the 14th then. Wonder what that will be?
something worth 200k dilithium you mean ? , erm let me see nope
Career Officer
# 20
02-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Ah, and here goes the common sense again with the decision making.

I wish Cryptic wouldn't always live up to their name when it comes to decisions!

"We're doing it wrong, but it's working...."
Closed Thread