Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 956
# 21
02-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocp001 View Post
I totally got your point, and simply pointed out that there are scenarios where the execution of ES and the intention are not in sync.

In SOB we have 5x of whatever ship you can possibly want. How about 5 mobius destroyers with temporal war fare sets and ES? And I'd even say there are fleets better equipped and better coordinated.

All that DHC love with near invulnerability sounds good to me.
If they're THAT well-equipped and coordinated then OF COURSE they're going to be able to do strange and unusual things against your ragtag group of Tier 0 Connies (just kidding). The solution to that is be equally well-equipped and coordinated
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,015
# 22
02-07-2013, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocp001 View Post
So what's the secret when people just stack team fortress on top of ES? OH and just for fun lets all carry a copy of it and cross extend each other. With Aux2Bat cycling so 1 copy of ES works like 2. Eh just throw on a ES Doff too for the extra SDR. Why not have everyone with the Max SDR value?

Point is, the ability can be easily abused without much effort. However rather than nerf the ability outright, I'd rather see it given a longer CD or the target not able to be multi-extended.
The first way to answer this is zone denial. TBR the ball apart. Turn it into smaller engagements and try to work for favorable mis-matches.

The other way to answer it is to bring your own cheese. After you TBR them away from each other drop a 60 second grav pulse on them to keep them there. Tachyon mines on each of your team members will work just fine since they use the drain mechanic.

But your other post also brought up the temporal stuff too. If we're going to discuss the larger issue here, it's that coordinated premade PvP can put a hat on a hat in a way that seems to turn some abilities into monsters. It's nothing new, we all know the primary focus of this game's development is not balancing for the rarified min/max premade crowd. I don't think they even really understand the nature of this population or they would have them on the test servers breaking things.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,039
# 23
02-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Wouldn't the solution be to ignore their shields?

DEM, Plasma, that sort of thing?

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,114
# 24
02-07-2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
Wouldn't the solution be to ignore their shields?

DEM, Plasma, that sort of thing?
There's just not enough direct hull damage that is significant enough. Not unless you are fully specced into the most hull damage possible without hitting shields.

My fleet mate has a very annoying plasma boat.
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 310
# 25 you are going down
02-13-2013, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrodura View Post
Extend shields 3 with shield level at 124/100 you get 186.1 shield regen. Reduce damage to shields by 42.5 for 30 sec.
Say you do 2 extend shields 3 on one ship. That ship has a 85% resist to damage. Then if the ship being extended uses eps 1 he get 18% more resist. So that total on that single ship is 103% shield resist. And if the ship extending are useing warp core engineer 10% more resist for 8 sec that would be 20% from both ships you add it up.
If each ship runs 2 copy of extend shields the globol cool down is 30 sec same time the power last on the ship being extended so the ship receiveing the extends will have superman shields for the entire match.
Then you say subnuk the ship being extended you can subnuk the ship but the extends do not come off
So when new players try to come to a pvp that what happen you cant do damage to a ship with over 100% ship shield resist. Extend shield should only help the ship get shield regen not add resist.

ONLY ways to knock out extends is Tricobalt mines. Photonic shockwave or knock out the ship shield that is doing the extending
You shameless OP tac person how can you say that ? ES is one rare eng ability that the UP eng captains can use effectively to support their team. Not to say that you need to be in 7 km to your target to cast it in what is horrible when your turn rate is catastrophic ! You probably don't know what a cruiser ship is, sure you fly your jem bug or some sci ship, and you never thought that ES could be abused from the sci captains in sci ships because they maneuverability can bring them into 7 km much faster!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,390
# 26
02-13-2013, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakija879 View Post
You shameless OP tac person...

Why do people keep saying this? I love ES and I'm Tac/Escort!

Why do I love it? Because I'm often the recipient!



At OP:

You can't SNB ES off the target, you have to disrupt the caster.

Others have already given you advice on how to do this.


Complaining about a target having 3x ES is silly, that means there are 4 other targets (in 5v5) that are highly unlikely to have ES cast on them at the same time.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,545
# 27
02-13-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Why do people keep saying this? I love ES and I'm Tac/Escort!

Why do I love it? Because I'm often the recipient!



At OP:

You can't SNB ES off the target, you have to disrupt the caster.

Others have already given you advice on how to do this.


Complaining about a target having 3x ES is silly, that means there are 4 other targets (in 5v5) that are highly unlikely to have ES cast on them at the same time.
As I have commented, hit the ships that AREN'T under the effect of ES.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 242
# 28
02-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrodura View Post
we focus on one ship in a pvp we drop it from 100% to 30% in 2 sec but 2 ships extend that ship with 2 extend 3. 5 ships on focus fire on one ship and we could not kill it hum. we subnuk it and did not work. one on one only 5% of players in this game have a chance to kill me 1 on 1
Issues with this
1 it's a team game not a 1 on 1
2 you subnuke the caster not the effected
3 DEM will counter this effect very nicely
4 I would love to fight you in game just to prove the 5% part wronge, because I doubt you have fought every player in the game
-"There is no such thing as an I win button!" "Um, Sir. Whats this button that says (I win) for then?"
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:56 PM.