Lieutenant
# 11
02-06-2013, 08:22 PM
I enjoy flying the ship in PvP. I will say in many cases, the Klingon Vet-Ship is better (better turn, speed, and has cloak), but the J-HEC does hold it's own in PvP. I do fairly well in 1v1 with the ship - including doing fairly well vs the bug. The main reason I fly it vs the Klingon Vet-Ship is that the Vet-Ship is very ugly...

If you want to see how well it can work, I can do a 1v1 with you...or see it in action in C&H or Arena..

Mee@Adyreon

Last edited by sylverwolfie; 02-06-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
02-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
in all the places i run 2 AtB, its extreamly tempting to run 2 AtD, with the great movement buff and resistance it offers. still, it cant beat the cooldown reduction power of AtB. APO at its global will add maneuverability nicely. on that ship it would free up the universal for 2 sci heals and a TB, all things that ship needs. with just the COM tac you can have at global APO, CRF, TT and ether a torp, beam or APD for the last slot.

i don't think you have anything as spectacular as you think there
drunk sorry man but you are wrong. i have omega 3 on global as it is. i doubt im lacking much dps by using rapid 2 and 1. we all did that in the past. i have a turn rate of 57. i have full jem mk12. i will replace the sheild with maco mk12 when i hit t5.

if i have a turn rate of 57. x right now what do you think maco would add to it? it would push me over the bug ship in terms of turn rate. no tss2? thats ok. i got sheild drones in recall mode to put me at 110 defense. let me see the bug ship do that. 48,751 hit points on hull.

350 crew. yeah all you guys tryed to call me an rp'er for that. how much of an rp'er am i when i speced 6 points into sub rep with human bo for trait stacking with a space nurse to keep crew at 75%. not even taking into account for the trait/ passive techie. so hull regen rate anyone? so far this ship can do much better over all then a bug ship could. also we all see trasn torp builds so again, aux2damp wins here. ive been eating tric mines left and right and i surived that better then the bug players were.

really i wanted to hold back this info. i really thought you guys would have looked at everything as a total. drunk you know i like you and massive respect to you. but really man you failed to look at the whole system as a total on this 1. i did as well. i made it a mission to put this ship together and make everything fit into place. so far im doing it as well as can be expected with this ship. it becomes easier when you look at the whole system. is it annoying to fly? yes very much. aux2damp works off of aux power. im using 2 purple mk11 rcs. so always swaping to aux power for that boost gets micro intensive. but it puts me at 57.5 i belive? or 57.3? something around that. but it is 57.x 2 purple mk12 rcs with maco shield will push me to the 60 turn rate mark.

also to note, omega engines would probly be best for that turn rate as well. but being i can push my engines as far down as i can into aux actually boost it better. a bug ship can get to 58 turn rate or 59.3 with out use of aux2damp. but again aux2damp is a very good skill with 100% uptime. i had a team switch to vm due to this.

Last edited by broken1981; 02-06-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Captain
# 13
02-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
350 crew. yeah all you guys tryed to call me an rp'er for that. how much of an rp'er am i when i speced 6 points into sub rep with human bo for trait stacking with a space nurse to keep crew at 75%. not even taking into account for the trait/ passive techie. so hull regen rate anyone? so far this ship can do much better over all then a bug ship could. also we all see trasn torp builds so again, aux2damp wins here. ive been eating tric mines left and right and i surived that better then the bug players were.
Theta.

I've discussed some of the most awesome Crew builds on the forums and even in OPvP. No matter how awesome they are...they're pointless because of Theta.

Grab the Jem engines, 2 pc KHG/AMACO, Nurse/Medic, EFF, BFM, 5x Human BOFFs, grab Subsystem Repair, SIFs, etc, etc, etc...somebody drops Theta. It all becomes pointless.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
02-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Theta.

I've discussed some of the most awesome Crew builds on the forums and even in OPvP. No matter how awesome they are...they're pointless because of Theta.

Grab the Jem engines, 2 pc KHG/AMACO, Nurse/Medic, EFF, BFM, 5x Human BOFFs, grab Subsystem Repair, SIFs, etc, etc, etc...somebody drops Theta. It all becomes pointless.
yes i know but i hope people dont do this. when it hits 0 crew will no longer regen
Empire Veteran
# 15
02-07-2013, 03:10 AM
AtD can make that thing turn at 57? well thats insane, i though you could get 40 with it our of that ship at most. i heard its inertia score is bug like? so it would actually be able to use that turn rate without going flying right? and them recalling flight deck doffs, i've been looking at those as well for when i proboly get a jem heavy myself. i remember how insane the defense boost from those reportedly are.

seriously though, 57 turn from just high aux AtD, that has to be bugged or something. that sort of changes things for how that ship can be used. been to long since i examined AtD's effect, always wanted to use it after you could get full up time on it, but tech doffs builds were always to tempting. i'll do more considering of it from now on with an effect that dramatic. could proboly do very interesting things on a vet ship with that in the mean time. gonna need AP doffs too though, jeeze, don't got enough EC to build all this.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 16
02-07-2013, 03:14 AM
Yeah, his build idea is really fun. I've been messing around with 2 auxdamps on different ships to get a feel for the skill. I like it.

The only drawback is having to always keep track of the two abilities. If you execute them at the wrong time it'll screw up the timing bad.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 17
02-07-2013, 07:05 AM
Quote:
seriously though, 57 turn from just high aux AtD, that has to be bugged or something.
I didn't want to screw with another toon's build, so I did a quick thing on my KDF Eng with a Kamarag.

56/25 Eng Power & 61/50 Aux Power: 20.9 Turn
+AtD1: 32.0 Turn

121/100 Eng Power & 61/50 Aux Power: 25.9 Turn
+AtD1: 37.0 Turn

56/25 Eng Power & 106/100 Aux Power: 20.9 Turn
+AtD1: 36.6 Turn

76/50 Eng Power & 106/100 Aux Power: 22.5 Turn
+AtD1: 38.1 Turn

That first one, 56/25 & 61/50 is my baseline for the build. I've been running a single AtD1 on it.

56/25 Eng Power & 61/50 Aux Power: 20.9 Turn
+EPS Power: 23.4 Turn
+AtD1: 37.8 Turn
+EM: 60.1 Turn

Hrmm, wonder what I could get that to with RMC.

Meh, here's the curious results from another toon...

33/25 Eng & 35/25 Aux: 6.5 Turn
+AtD1: 8.8 Turn
+APA: 8.8 Turn
+APO1: 8.8 Turn
+EM: 11.0 Turn

AtD, APA, and APO do not stack.

108/100 Eng & 60/50 Aux: 8.0 Turn
+AtD1: 10.9 Turn
+EM1: 17.9 Turn

+Aux Batt: 8.0 Turn (contrary to the snippet, yeah, it's not going to do it)
+AtD1: 12.7 Turn
+APA1: 17.9 Turn
+APO1: 20.9 Turn

Something seem off? Yeah, I'll get to that. First this:

+AtD1: 17.9 Turn

+APA: 17.9 Turn

+APO1: 17.9 Turn
+AtD1: 21.3 Turn

Wait, there it is again.

So...certain things do not stack when used in a certain order. There appears to be a cap when things are done in a certain order, but if you go in another order - you go higher.

Again, here:

+AtD1: 21.3 Turn

+APO1: 11.4 Turn
+AtD1: 11.4 Turn
+EM1: 14.3 Turn

+APO1: 20.8 Turn

There's all sorts of fun things you can do depending on the order that you pop them.

I mean, it stands out like a sore thumb:

EM+AtD - no bonus from AtD.
EM+APO - no bonus from APO.

EM+AtD+APO/EM+APO+AtD
Somehow you do get a bonus from AtD+APO after the EM, even though you get a bonus from neither if used alone with the EM. Not only that, but if you use AtD+APO by themselves - they do not provide an additional bonus. However, if you use them with EM - you'll get an additional bonus. Course, the order matters! EM+APO+AtD > EM+AtD+APO... just don't APO+AtD+EM (on this boat - 14.3 vs. 21.3 if you do the EM first).

But yeah, sometimes it's just fun to take the Tac out in her Mirror Vo'quv - get some use out of her.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Captain
# 18
02-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
snip
/eyebrow

Fascinating.
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
02-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
AtD can make that thing turn at 57? well thats insane, i though you could get 40 with it our of that ship at most. i heard its inertia score is bug like? so it would actually be able to use that turn rate without going flying right? and them recalling flight deck doffs, i've been looking at those as well for when i proboly get a jem heavy myself. i remember how insane the defense boost from those reportedly are.

seriously though, 57 turn from just high aux AtD, that has to be bugged or something. that sort of changes things for how that ship can be used. been to long since i examined AtD's effect, always wanted to use it after you could get full up time on it, but tech doffs builds were always to tempting. i'll do more considering of it from now on with an effect that dramatic. could proboly do very interesting things on a vet ship with that in the mean time. gonna need AP doffs too though, jeeze, don't got enough EC to build all this.
inertia score is 60, my bug ship is at 70. im using full jem mk12 so i get to push all that sheild and engine power to aux. its just faster when i hit aux2damp for my aux to fill 125 faster.
2 rcs mk11 purple. i did want to buy mk12 but wtf???????? from 6-7 mill to now 13mill +??????

aux2damp is a good skill when u have teams running tric mines and pure bleed mines. also since i have 350 crew the nurse will work. techie and human bo will stack for really good hull regen. yes theta is still a problem. 0 crew in a sec. only way to fix that is get out of red alert fast. not really an option tho in premade v premade.

to be honest as good as you can make this ship its very micro heavy. know when to put drones into recall mode, when to let them heal shields. (tested recall mode and shield drones wont rep shields. but i feel they rep sheilds way to fast)

this ship can be more tankey comapired to a bug ship. just know more work is involved. but it is cheaper. i do like my bug alot more tho to be honest. i feel like i went from an automatic to a manual drive with the jem heavy. just the manual can go the extra distance. i mean freak, even in my bug ship ill hit my he at 45 aux. i hardly ever swap configs unless i really need to. for people used to swapping this should be no problem for them. most times i use aux2damp i dont really go full aux. only when i really need to get guns on point. but team setting this really is not a problem. so i am getting at around 50 something turn rate. thats doable.

now i have one question. if i slot 1 doff for recall mode, i just every 2 secs from 80 d to 90 d. with 2 doffs it jumps every 2 secs from 90 d to 110 defense. what is the true value?

my gut is telling me elusive is keeping me steady at 70 d and the doffs are messing with the defense system. some how its bugging it out. ei, my bug ship is at 70 defense because i was a huge nub at launch and did not care about my passive. now since i do care my new pure space tact has the passive, the system knows the jem is an escourt but low defense. hence the doffs are messing with the system and bugging it out.

Last edited by broken1981; 02-07-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Captain
# 20
02-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Actually Sophler Durden made a thread about Recall doffs a few weeks ago. Bort even chimed in. I'm pretty pissed about the Orion hangars being unusable on the Jem HECC but I threw on some shield drones and they honestly aren't terrible. Not good enough to compete with Interceptors, but given the choice between **** dps, kite runner siphon pod shame, or a shield heal... Anyway, I grabbed 3 purple Recall FDO's last night and was flicking as high as 127 defense with no active abilities. Anecdotal evidence is unhelpful though because most matches were ****ty feds so I couldn't tell if it was them sucking or the FDO's working. And when I say ****ty, one CnH had 3 feds under 11k on the scoreboard. Then monkeys vaped me like a square jawed redshirt repeatedly, so IDK. I'm down to test this crap if anybody wants to parse it.