Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 51
02-06-2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
My impression from emojoe's test I could observe yesterday was that the Nebula's tachyon detection grid, or the T3 Nebula's Tachyon Detection Field console (of which several could be used on a team), coupled with one or two copies of Charged Particle Burst, would be a sufficient counter for "never decloak due to Romulan Boffs" B'rels. They would, finally, be good for something.
The brel is good for something... its simply not a low skill ship. It doesn't need handicap boffs to make it a ship for the masses. As others have said... it won't drive new fed cloak detetor buidls... it will simply kill fvk completely.

Because either there is a boobula around and the brel is rendered useless for the masses that don't know what to do with one... or there isn't one around and all the feds just warp out... either way it would be a very bad mechanic. Don't you agree ?
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Career Officer
# 52
02-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
And anybody who follows these forums knows that the "gut feeling" prognosises of certain Knoweverythings here are not worth anything. We'd have to try it out.

The people you are calling "knoweverythings" are not working off of gut feelings.

These are players who have tested, and tested again, and played extensively in PvP.

They parse combat logs, discuss results on the forums and on vent/team speak.

The one working off of a "gut feeling prognosis" is you.

Career Officer
# 53
02-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Why are you trying to derail this thread again with false claims, sock puppet of Husanak.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! dude that was luz. gatta give that to you. but what he said was true. mini does not care if he dies. just wonder what his k/d would look like if he did
Captain
# 54
02-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Hm, even if it is a bug... wouldn't it be fun to have it in the game? Developing tactics to decloak B'rels efficiently was something I was looking forward to...
The only way my fleetmates were able to decloak me was when they used gravity well on my Bio-Neural warhead or Breen cluster torpedo as soon as I launched it.

That, or if I bumped into his hull, and that was only briefly. He had to keep ramming me until he could see me long enough to get a tractor beam on me.
Survivor of Romulus
# 55
02-06-2013, 10:10 AM
if thats what u where using this morning joe...it dont work that great...lol...mind u that 46k crit of urs was awsome.

~The Eleventh Order~
11thOrder Youtube
Career Officer
# 56
02-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! dude that was luz. gatta give that to you. but what he said was true. mini does not care if he dies. just wonder what his k/d would look like if he did
It would look just like it does now? Or he'd have to find a different style of play.

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Captain
# 57
02-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
Off topic a bit, does anyone know what if any impact the Boffs have on MEF/MES?
I only tried it with MEF, but the tooltip says it gives me more stealth then it did before without the superior subterfuge boff I am using. I don't remember the exact numbers, but the ability is functioning a lot better, it actually keeps me cloaked while within 3k of most players and NPCs where before it wouldn't.
Captain
# 58
02-06-2013, 11:07 AM
One of my other fleetmates that I tested this officer with (actually, two officers) has maxed Sensor Scan.

He could actually see me outside of 3km, but only briefly. As in, long enough to visually spot me, but not long enough to acquire target lock and fire.

In any case, the way the BOFF is functioning now is fun, it won't really matter once they fix the problem (which they said they will).

In the meantime, who wants to team up a B'rel team and go hunting in Ker'rat tonight?
Captain
# 59
02-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Just soloed HSE with my invincible brel

You can just park in place and release endless barrages of romulan torps and other torps and there is simply nothing the borg can do about it, where as before the 2 second reveal would allow them to kill you sometimes.
Starfleet Veteran
# 60
02-07-2013, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
The only way my fleetmates were able to decloak me was when they used gravity well on my Bio-Neural warhead or Breen cluster torpedo as soon as I launched it.

That, or if I bumped into his hull, and that was only briefly. He had to keep ramming me until he could see me long enough to get a tractor beam on me.
I have personally seen Eject Warp Plasma to work for decloaking, and I was told Charged ParticleBurst works, too.

So if a team has 5-10 CPB's available, it could track down subterfuge-EBC-cloaked ships and destroy them, breakable as they are. The trick would be to use those abilities in an organized manner.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584