Captain
# 1 Tholian Recluse icicles
02-06-2013, 09:00 PM
I've noticed that when pounding away at a Tholian Recluse it will start spraying a cloud of icicles, or snow or something. Is this an effect from my cutting beam? I've only noticed it with the Recluse.

If it's my cutting beam, I guess it would make sense. But, I can't even see/hear my cutting beam. It doesn't seem to do anything (visually) when I'm going up against anything.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-07-2013, 02:44 AM
They have a PBAoE cloud attack. I'm not sure what it does, flying into it doesn't seem particularly crippling.

As for not seeing the cutting beam, it seems to interact with graphics settings the same way as ground devices instead of other space weapons. Many of those won't animate (or will show an empty hand instead of the device in your hand) when certain settings are too low.
Captain
# 3
02-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
As for not seeing the cutting beam, it seems to interact with graphics settings the same way as ground devices instead of other space weapons. Many of those won't animate (or will show an empty hand instead of the device in your hand) when certain settings are too low.
Do you know which settings or does it depend? I don't have the greatest video chipset, but I should be able to tweak it.