Captain
# 391
02-06-2013, 01:02 PM
You do know bumping is against forum rules right?
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Commander
# 392
02-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Did not. Guess I will stop doing that then. Thought it was like the other game forums I am on where that is done from just about everything the people what changed. Thanks!

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Career Officer
# 393
02-07-2013, 04:18 AM
/signed as it is written at the top of the post.

I love the idea of the Jupiter as a playable, and I would love to play with it with autodefense turrets.
I like the idea of a both photon and phaser defense turrets on the ship.

3 to fore 3 to aft works but the BOFF seems off to me. A ship built for war needs a Commander Tact.
Career Officer
# 394
02-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvnswords View Post
/signed as it is written at the top of the post.

I love the idea of the Jupiter as a playable, and I would love to play with it with autodefense turrets.
I like the idea of a both photon and phaser defense turrets on the ship.

3 to fore 3 to aft works but the BOFF seems off to me. A ship built for war needs a Commander Tact.
I didn't put a commander tac in there because combined with the slow turn rate and 6 weapon slots, the added abilities would not be that great. Plus, lets face it, the best tac abilities are cannon ones and attack patterns. We could get those with a lower tac slot.

The higher eng makes more sense to me to have it tank well and the slightly higher sci would give it a few neat abilities to pop off in combat.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Vote YES to the Jupiter Class Dreadnought!
Don't know what it is? Visit my forum HERE
And now check out the new Jupiter Class Dreadnought forum HERE
Commander
# 395
02-08-2013, 07:16 AM
With the Comm Eng you can get Aux2SIF 3 which is one of the best heal skills. I do think that Eng should be commander slot, but Sci and Tac should get the LTC slots.
My 2 cents...

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Career Officer
# 396
02-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Well the Andorian ships have come out, and no side weapons... Hopefully when they get the Jupiter out of space-dock it'll have em!

I've got a lifetime, I can wait... Hopefully I don't have to though...

Still here,
Quiiliitiila
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Lt. Commander
# 397
02-24-2013, 07:14 PM
It could use a spit-polish, I think the nacelles look awful where they are. What you do is you make those puppies a little bigger and you drop the pylons, put the nacelles straight on or even in the main hull of the ship. That cleans up the silhouette, and it doesn't have the T-Rex style tiny little limbs sticking out the back.

If that's not an option for whatever silly canon reason you stretch and broaden the pylons to look like a part of the hull, a la Romulan D'deridex.

One way or another you gotta sort out those stubby little engines. Other than that I like it. Looks intimidating.
Career Officer
# 398
02-25-2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompouluss View Post
It could use a spit-polish, I think the nacelles look awful where they are. What you do is you make those puppies a little bigger and you drop the pylons, put the nacelles straight on or even in the main hull of the ship. That cleans up the silhouette, and it doesn't have the T-Rex style tiny little limbs sticking out the back.

If that's not an option for whatever silly canon reason you stretch and broaden the pylons to look like a part of the hull, a la Romulan D'deridex.

One way or another you gotta sort out those stubby little engines. Other than that I like it. Looks intimidating.
Yup, something we've all agreed on for some time... Somewhere lost in these pages is an image by a supporter that has been photoshopped to fix the engines, it looked pretty nice. Actually, almost exactly as you described it
Captain
# 399
02-25-2013, 07:34 AM
After all of the clamoring for the Ambassador this thread no longer surprises me. To be honest, I would rather see the Typhoon class made playable. The Jupiter is without a doubt the ugliest ship in the entire game, it looks like a cumbersome sloppy kitbash, pieces just thrown together with little detail and no though at all to esthetics. If they ever do make it playable I hope its just a minor addition included along with new designs and not passed off as some special class of ship, If that thing fell out of a drop box or wound up in the C-store my faith in the game will have been lost as that will be taking a gigantic step backwards.
Career Officer
# 400
02-25-2013, 09:35 AM
The Jupiter-class always struck me as a slapdash assembly where function won out over form. It reminds me of the description of some of the ships in the DS9 Millennium-series of books where prolonged war causes the Federation to just throw crap together.

To me, it makes sense it would be phased out as more refined classes were developed like the various refits, Typhoon, and Galaxy-X. The Jupiter is simply a stopgap to fill a need in the fleet until better ships could be launched. It struck me as a bathtub with nacelles taped onto it.

Does that mean it shouldn't be playable? Well, who knows. I'm not against it.