Career Officer
# 21
02-04-2013, 10:14 AM
because a future cloak would be impossible to penetrate, as evidenced by the Scimitar in Nemesis. And i'm pretty sure the devs won't resort to what Enterprise did by firing phasers everywhere.
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Captain
# 22
02-05-2013, 03:36 PM
I just figured out how the battle cloak works when I went and re did bring the house down.I might use it more often now even on my defiant.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Empire Veteran
# 23
02-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Considering BOTH ships travel back in time to fix the timeline I would think cloaking would be standard on both, while not effective in their time they would be in our time where we might poke them with our native sticks..

Also it makes sense, you would need to stay 'invisable' to try and keep the temporal time line pure. Half the problems they faced with Voyager probably could have been avoided if they simply just did not see them..

EDIT: It wouldent have to be a 'better' cloak, there would be no need for that..
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
02-07-2013, 02:05 AM
The Tholians stripped those ships of their technology, remember?
What we basically have here are shells, like if you find a shell of a Ferrari in some junkyard and put a Fiat engine into it to make it go.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 25
02-07-2013, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
I just figured out how the battle cloak works when I went and re did bring the house down.I might use it more often now even on my defiant.
the defiant in game dont has a battlecloak only a normal cloak that dont works in combat
so the cloak is useless
Level 50 Cpts: W-T-Riker; Jadzia; Sharan; K'Dhan; T-W-Riker; T'Pok; Ehrehin; Shanara; Karana; Lukara
Subscribed For: 1200 Days 23-08-2013
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
02-07-2013, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussberlin View Post
the defiant in game dont has a battlecloak only a normal cloak that dont works in combat
so the cloak is useless
lol I can't believe you called the Defiant's cloak useless. I have a dozen of friends that use the Defiant as their main vessel and would disagree.
Only ships that have 'battlecloak' are the BoPs, all the other KDF ships have regular cloak. To call the regular cloak "useless" is a great understatement. I don't like BoPs, therefore I don't use battlecloak, but I have dozens of attack tactics developed in my game that revolve around the plain regular cloak. Believe me, far from useless.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!