Captain
# 11
11-15-2012, 02:18 PM
I don't know if it applies to F2P games like STO and/or DLC... But when making a purchase, and in this case the Starter Pack, there should be an option to buy as a gift or for yourself?

I've made gift purchases on Steam before and that's basically how it works... BUT, I've never bought DLC to gift to a friend before. So, I'm just guessing on what experience I have here. I hope you get a more solid answer if what I suggest doesn't work out.

EDIT: Ninj'd lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Even if you can gift it on Steam they must have a Steam account, each code is naturally unique and you cannot buy it multiple times besides to yourself and as a gift for other Steam users.

After all this is a Steam bundle, I doubt they can actually check if you have a Steam account or not (I do but I run STO without it) but if you think about ghost accounts to get codes off then ... well you have read Steam EULA right?
Of course! I don't know why I didn't consider this!

Indeed, your friend would have to have a Steam account to at least accept the code and may have to also at least start and pause the STO download via steam in order to redeem it.

My bad... I'm half asleep here!

Last edited by c0nd1t10nr3d; 11-15-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Career Officer
# 12
11-15-2012, 05:09 PM
I e-mailed support! I bought the code on Steam for myself but also bought one to gift. I had to retrieve the code from "My CD-Keys to add it to my STO account. I don't use Steam on my desktop so I signed in on it on my notebook to get it. The code itself has nothing to do with Steam other than where it can be purchased. Unfortunately, it only allows me to send it as a gift through my friends on my list or through e-mail spam! I sure hope Support has a better answer.
Ensign
# 13
11-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Does anyone know if this effects the rewards of a silver membership?
Career Officer
# 14
02-07-2013, 06:54 AM
Hi. I recently purchased this DLC, and can't quite figure out how to link my STO account with my Steam account.

According to Steam, that's what I have to do in order to get the goods. I'm currently downloading STO from Steam, in the hopes that it might help resolve the issue.
Captain
# 15
02-07-2013, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melfeckt View Post
Hi. I recently purchased this DLC, and can't quite figure out how to link my STO account with my Steam account.

According to Steam, that's what I have to do in order to get the goods. I'm currently downloading STO from Steam, in the hopes that it might help resolve the issue.
If you start up steam and start downloading STO, when it starts downloading right click on it in the library and click pause, somewhere near the bottom of that right click box it should give you the ability to see the dlc code - copy that, go to you account section at the top of this page and imput it in the section - redeem key

should work without you having to have it on steam
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Career Officer
# 16
02-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
If you start up steam and start downloading STO, when it starts downloading right click on it in the library and click pause, somewhere near the bottom of that right click box it should give you the ability to see the dlc code - copy that, go to you account section at the top of this page and imput it in the section - redeem key

should work without you having to have it on steam

I can see where my DLC is for STO, however I can't seem to access the Key. There's a message in the box saying: "All downloadable content is automatically installed and uninstalled along with this product, and can be accessed by launching it."

I can copy the CD Key no problem, I just can't find the DLC Key.
Captain
# 17
02-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melfeckt View Post
I can see where my DLC is for STO, however I can't seem to access the Key. There's a message in the box saying: "All downloadable content is automatically installed and uninstalled along with this product, and can be accessed by launching it."

I can copy the CD Key no problem, I just can't find the DLC Key.
That should be the one - was not at my comp with Steam ect on at the time but knew it was something like that - if you copy that and use that in the redeem key section of your account at the top of the page, that should work

Quoted from a different thread

It really seems more complicated than it really is. Here is what I did.

1. Bought the starter pack from steam.
2. Installed the Steam app on my computer and launched it.
3. Open store tab and fiind STO and select the play now button.
4. When it began the install of STO, right click STO and pause download.
5. Right click STO again and select view cd key and copy.
6. log onto the STO website and select My Account
7. Select Redeem Key and enter key.
8. Log onto the game and claim the pack from the C-Store bundles tab.
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html

Last edited by verlaine11; 02-07-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Career Officer
# 18
02-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
That should be the one - was not at my comp with Steam ect on at the time but knew it was something like that - if you copy that and use that in the redeem key section of your account at the top of the page, that should work

Quoted from a different thread

It really seems more complicated than it really is. Here is what I did.

1. Bought the starter pack from steam.
2. Installed the Steam app on my computer and launched it.
3. Open store tab and fiind STO and select the play now button.
4. When it began the install of STO, right click STO and pause download.
5. Right click STO again and select view cd key and copy.
6. log onto the STO website and select My Account
7. Select Redeem Key and enter key.
8. Log onto the game and claim the pack from the C-Store bundles tab.
That was it. Many thanks *puts on goggles*