Starfleet Veteran
# 231
02-07-2013, 08:04 AM
I don't know if its been mentioned here yet, but if you go into video options and find the setting for "Max Physical Debris" and set it to 0 you can remove all the balloons, and won't experience any lag from them.

I found 10 worked for me. It defaults to 100.
Community Moderator
# 232
02-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
I don't know if its been mentioned here yet, but if you go into video options and find the setting for "Max Physical Debris" and set it to 0 you can remove all the balloons, and won't experience any lag from them.

I found 10 worked for me. It defaults to 100.
This. The solution is in your hands, party popper poopers.

Nobody's saying spend more money on your box; but use the settings to make what you have work. Games progress in their requirements over time; what worked last month might not work this month.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Ensign
# 233
02-07-2013, 10:56 AM
You know that old guy that lives by the school that yells at all the kids that walk by his house because they walked on his wall or stepped on his grass? Ever wonder how that guy got like that? This is how it starts.

There are 2 types of people in the world. One kind that can see others having fun and be happy for them even if it's not something they find particularly amusing. Those are the people that are here offering ways to minimize the inconvenience and go about enjoying the game.

The other type are folks who think that the world should conform to them and because they don't find something amusing; no one else should enjoy it. These are the people that come here with 5 year old computers yelling at everyone to get off their lawn, err.. stop blowing up balloons because it lags them out. Sad really.
Career Officer
# 234
02-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Agreed.

I'm still having a ton of fun with the popper. No nerf will ruin my fun!

I always found them silly to be honest, but until the balloon popper didn't really use them.

The possibilities for games with these kind of physics objects are limitless.

I wish Cryptic would introduce some types of games besides Dabo and the races.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 235
02-07-2013, 11:09 AM
I hate these things,

i don't know why they keep giving out obviously troll geared items lol yearrr after yearrr. Give me something useful! An anniversary weapon would be a useful thing!

Its so annoying when people start filling up a room with them.
Captain
# 236
02-07-2013, 11:09 AM
To all the party poopers and low spec machines, if your town has a holiday parade, do you still try to drive down the main drag? No, you go around and you go somewhere else for the time being if you do not want to take part in the festivities. Yes, there will be those individuals who will take it too far, but don't ruin other people's fun. There are so many other places for the bank, the exchange, the ship selector, and the tailor why go to the places you know will ruin your game time?
Captain
# 237
02-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Obvious 12 year old trolls, crying about the removal of a griefing tool.
Lt. Commander
# 238
02-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Some people just can't chill out and have fun.

"This is Star Trek! It's supposed to be super duper cereal! Pshaw!"
Career Officer
# 239
02-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Obvious 12 year old trolls, crying about the removal of a griefing tool.
The only 12 year olds are those crying about something that can be trivially dealt with by turning down the physics setting to 0 in their client.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 240
02-07-2013, 12:25 PM
but why will i set my game settings right when i can whine that everything create lag .

and this thread should be renamed to " is anyone else getting sick of the new party popper cry-babys already " , because after reading all of this nonsence i feel sick.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]