Captain
# 1 Vesta/Rademaker/Aventine Model
01-19-2013, 08:26 AM
I don't know where to post this, so i decided to start a new thread, in the hope some friendly dev would please take a look at it.

I have bought the Vesta package and i really love this ship.
I must say that i never liked the look of Vesta class, to be honest i find it very ugly.
But i have to compliment the designer who made the Aventine and the Rademaker ship models.

The only thing that bothers me is that the rademaker Engineering hull has this absolutely ugly bright forcefield on the rear. I really hate that.
Normally i use to use the Aventine hull, but it looks somehow too fat to me, maybe it's just the paintjobs (which look almost all the same at the bottom of the aventine hull.). So i experiemented a bit and i found out that the rademaker hull looks awesome, except the rear which is covered up with a BRIGHT BLUE forcefield. I know the designer maybe thought it looks cool, but it is really annoying, the more you look at it.

Just as the rear of the Vestas Engineering hull it disrupts the elegant shapes of those ships quite harsh. This is really a shame since especially the Rademaker hull looks awesome, but this absolutely hideous bright blue glowing surface (which is permanently in your sight) ruins this really beautiful ship model.
So my question is, could it be made possible to give some some way to remove this surface and replace it with a normal ship surface?
I know that ship needs a place to launch it's shuttles but seriously, this bright glow drives me nuts.
I would be happy even if we could get just some way to make the runway (?) look just like the rest of the ship, instead of iluminating like that. Don't get me wrong i am not against that forcefield, but the surface beneath it is just too bright!

I seriously ask for some way that lets us reduce this, because i think the rademaker hull looks awesome if it hadn't this ugly thing on it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-

Captain
# 2
01-20-2013, 04:29 PM
I never use the Rademaker engineering hull, but I agree, that does look quite bright on the picture you posted. Add it to the list of problems with ships in this game.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Captain
# 3
01-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
I never use the Rademaker engineering hull, but I agree, that does look quite bright on the picture you posted. Add it to the list of problems with ships in this game.
I can tell you the picture doesn't do justice to it, in reality it is far worse. I can't understand how the designer could make it so bright, it ruins the whole appearance and look of that ship.
I usually don't use this Hull too, because of this and i think a lot more people would use the Rademaker hull if the rear side wouldn't look so glaring.
What list of problems are you talking about?

Last edited by yreodred; 01-21-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2013, 01:16 AM
Just wanted to add http://i.imgur.com/GDaOP5W.jpg from my new vesta with the rademaker hull, which I quite like, forcefield and all. As you can see, it's not nearly as bright as it is in your screenshot, so I'd have to assume there's something going on with your drivers or texture settings or some thing.

What I *would* love would be a way to change the colour of the force field, or have it change when a skin is equipped (borg, reman, whatev) to match the rest. But that's just a dream I'm sure. 8)
Commander
# 5
02-07-2013, 01:22 AM
I saw the blue and the first thing I though was a giant swimming pool. Which is awesome beyond measure but yeah, I see what you mean.
Captain
# 6
02-07-2013, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpolebreaker View Post
Just wanted to add http://i.imgur.com/GDaOP5W.jpg from my new vesta with the rademaker hull, which I quite like, forcefield and all. As you can see, it's not nearly as bright as it is in your screenshot, so I'd have to assume there's something going on with your drivers or texture settings or some thing.

What I *would* love would be a way to change the colour of the force field, or have it change when a skin is equipped (borg, reman, whatev) to match the rest. But that's just a dream I'm sure. 8)
My drivers are ok.
You are using some kind of shield/set visual, thats all. Try to deactivate it, this may help to see what i mean...

I absolutely hate the Galaxy class slow turnrate and its BOFF & Console layout.

Captain
# 7
02-07-2013, 11:23 AM
If you have bloom turned on and set too high it makes glowing parts glow too brightly, I keep mine set to 50, anymore than that and the glare from everything is just too intense.
I have an Aventine, the saucer is the largest but also the most streamlined of the whole pack and I like how the hull flows to the end of the ship rather than just cutting off to a flat plane at the hanger deck like the others. That said I'm finding that phaser thing to be of limited use, the cooldown is just too long for a weapon with such a limited firing arc.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
My drivers are ok.
You are using some kind of shield/set visual, thats all. Try to deactivate it, this may help to see what i mean...

Nope. http://i.imgur.com/GCaDmn1.jpg Equipping and unequipping the visual shield has zero effect on the shuttle bay deflector area (as I mentioned.) My bloom is also at 100%... boosting it to 500% had almost no difference on that area except from the reflected lights from everywhere else.

http://i.imgur.com/Em2qdnJ.jpg Another shot, found someone else with a rademaker so you can see with and without a skin enabled side by side.

What you are experiencing is some kind of weird reflection bug or something, its like the surface is registering as mirrored. But it's not normal, so if your drivers are ok.... then it's something else. Maybe try running a repair on the STO client?

Last edited by tpolebreaker; 02-07-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Captain
# 9
02-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpolebreaker View Post
What you are experiencing is some kind of weird reflection bug or something, its like the surface is registering as mirrored. But it's not normal, so if your drivers are ok.... then it's something else. Maybe try running a repair on the STO client?
BIG thanks for the hint!

I have been toying around with the video options and the extreme bloom is now gone.
Strangely, i never had any problems like this on any other ship model or anything else in this game.

Anyway, this is how it looks now:

Can you see the bloom or whatever this is, at the border of the forcefield?
I am not so sure if that's intended.

Here are some more views:
from directly above

And from the side/aft

As you can see on this picture, the bloom "thing" disappears the more as i move to the bottom. Btw, it looks really good!

So for the well-being of my computer, i just would like to know if thats normal or should i get my axe?
lol

Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Yeah that's intended and normal and if you looked at my ss's, very close to what I have.

You must have had HDR forced on in your driver or something to get that crazy bloom from before. Even with mine on max (in game) it looked nothing like yours did originally. Running an ATi card too, if that makes a difference.