Survivor of Romulus
# 21
01-23-2013, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blznfun View Post
I will be posting a youtube video to demonstrate the lag... I will attach it here when I get it rendered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OkNf5TEfdo
Hey, watched your video, and yes my FPS lag is very similar. I seem to view mine more in space. Perhaps due to the different hardware/drivers that we both use. However mine like yours seems to be UI dependant, where certin UI conditions occur that cause the game to all but come to a standstill.

I hope they see your video and work on a fix soon, seeing as my larger computer can not render the game at all.
Career Officer
# 22
01-23-2013, 02:44 PM
The UI is VERY graphics hoggy... I know mine is also related to the UI as well as when the targets UI above their head disappears, the FPS lag also disappears. For example, in the underground ruins, there are forcefields all over around the outside of the hallway. When I rotate the camera to show behind the force fields, the UI above the target's head disappears (but they are still targeted) and the lag goes away.

And yes, to a previous poster, I still get the jitter when moving the camera with my mouse, but thats all it is now is jitter. It doesn't affect the FPS at all...

What I am getting at, with a system like mine is setup now and STO, my computer should run flawlessly playing STO. Overall, I have no complaints, but when they do occur, it becomes a playing/fun issue...

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard

Last edited by blznfun; 01-23-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Career Officer
# 23
01-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Confirmed something else in additon to the UI and the FPS lag. Turning off the reticle on Non-Player enemies in addition to having AA set to 4x helps some more than just going to 4x. You can find the reticle setting under HUD in the game options section by hitting ESC.

This is definitely a problem with the UI.

At this point I am going to ask for a dev response. Please, if a dev could respond here that would be great!

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Career Officer
# 24
01-25-2013, 11:27 PM
One additional thing you can do is this. If you are running Windows Vista or later...

Right Click STO Launcher Shortcut > Properties > Compatibility

Check the two boxes
  • Disable Visual Themes
  • Disable Desktop Composition
  • Click OK

What this does is put your desktop into "Basic" mode instead of Aero mode or "Desktop Graphics Hog" mode.

You can do this for all your games if you know where the main program file is.

Let me know how this works for you.

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Ensign
# 25 FPS Lag Spikes Issue
01-30-2013, 10:26 AM
I starting having the same FPS Lag Spikes at the exact same time... Starting in Early January after one of the patching updates downloaded. This has to be a UI issue which can easily be resolved. I even tried reinstalling & it still presisted... In fact, its getting worse. And yes a response from a DEV would be appreciated...!
Captain
# 26
01-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blznfun View Post
The UI is VERY graphics hoggy... I know mine is also related to the UI as well as when the targets UI above their head disappears, the FPS lag also disappears. For example, in the underground ruins, there are forcefields all over around the outside of the hallway. When I rotate the camera to show behind the force fields, the UI above the target's head disappears (but they are still targeted) and the lag goes away.

And yes, to a previous poster, I still get the jitter when moving the camera with my mouse, but thats all it is now is jitter. It doesn't affect the FPS at all...

What I am getting at, with a system like mine is setup now and STO, my computer should run flawlessly playing STO. Overall, I have no complaints, but when they do occur, it becomes a playing/fun issue...
Even when you dont lag the UI is lagging your game.Check anywhere you want the FPS with and without UI.The diffrence in fps is not acceptatble ,I mean its a UI and you use it all the time ,it should be the last thing to use all your cpu power .Lets hope the UI improvements in s8 will fix this .

p.s.Im not talking about doff ui which can turn your PC into a slideshow if you have 400 doffs
Ensign
# 27 !! Bingo !!
02-07-2013, 10:07 AM
!!...BINGO...!!

The Lag Spikes occur during a most missions involving the Borg. Especially while playing the "Borg Invasion: Sector Block Battles/Missions" I'm not sure if possibly the January Update jacked up the Graphics for the
Cubes & Sphere, the UI or whats going on. But now I've been able to pin Point a potential Culprate
in this situation.....

?...What are your thoughts...?

Last edited by ericwtng; 02-07-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Lieutenant
# 28
02-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Perhaps due to all the balloons...? Balloon lag?
'A few deaths are a tragedy. A few million is a statistic.'
Ensign
# 29
02-07-2013, 10:12 AM
! I'm being Serious !
Ensign
# 30
02-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgeoflife View Post
Perhaps due to all the balloons...? Balloon lag?

! I'm being Serious !