Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 51
02-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Thankfully my fleet finished this before the end of the winter event. However, I really think you're going to upset a lot of fleets with this move. It is not up to the Devs whether or not a fleet gets to finish a project. If the fleet wants to keep working away on it, let them.

A lot of the smaller fleets have probably spent a lot of real money getting Lobi to purchase the reward packs, so now you're taking their reward away and still keeping their money, that's not a good business ethic.

Yes, it's a "Limited Time Project", but we've always been told that with these LTPs, so long as we start them before the end of the time, we can work away on it for as long as we need. You can't change the rules of the game part way through.

Really, you need to fix the fleet/embassy/reputation system to allow us to cancel projects we no longer wish to complete. Don't just go making the decision for us.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...

Last edited by khamseenair; 02-07-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Career Officer
# 52
02-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Time to sell!!!!!!!!!!
Community Moderator
# 53
02-07-2013, 01:44 PM
All I am going to say is that people were given the option to buy packs of holiday commodities for Lobi, which could very well have made their way into an uncompleted project.

I guess this is a case of buyer beware, but maybe Lobi should not be used as a currency to obtain things of this nature that have a date-limited lifespan. GPL would have been a better choice and EC's would have been better yet. Just saying...

(Disclaimer: Doesn't affect me, but without the option to turn it off and leave it off until we turn it back on, I regret that we ever did it in our fleet.)
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 54
02-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
All I am going to say is that people were given the option to buy packs of holiday commodities for Lobi, which could very well have made their way into an uncompleted project.

I guess this is a case of buyer beware, but maybe Lobi should not be used as a currency to obtain things of this nature that have a date-limited lifespan. GPL would have been a better choice and EC's would have been better yet. Just saying...
Yeah, Lobi Crystals are my biggest annoyance with the game these days. I hate them with a passion. But using them for a project like this was just a stupid idea.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Commander
# 55
02-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seldrin View Post
All the special projects say Limited Time Project, but until now we were told so long as we have it started before the time expires we will be able to keep it. If they were going to change those rules that should have been stated before the project was available so people would know the new rule.
Totally this. If this is the new rule, then it should be stated as such, and if it is retroactive.
Republic Veteran
# 56
02-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Huh ... should have saved my leftover ornaments ... I'd be RICH!!
I'M RIIIICH!!!

I got over 300 of each mwhahaha time to put them on the exchange. ...I love supply and demand.

Thank you Cryptic, and thank you to my 3 fleets who got it done a long time ago.

Republic Veteran
# 57
02-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Yes! My virtual wallet thanks you CryPWE.
Rihannsu
# 58
02-08-2013, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post

(Disclaimer: Doesn't affect me, but without the option to turn it off and leave it off until we turn it back on, I regret that we ever did it in our fleet.)
Awww.... I like it.

anyways though, I like the fact that people won't be stuck with it half-completed indefinately.

I don't really get why people are upset about it being removed. It's been a MONTH since the supply of the commods dropped to a trickle. Prices are only going to go up from here....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 59
02-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Two points:

First, you guys really need to look into giving us the option of cancelling projects in general - this is only one example, albeit a good one. Since S6 came out folks have been asking for this, and I'm not sure where the harm would be. In fact, I think you'd get a lot of praise.

There have been projects in progress when one suddenly comes out (say, when you unlock a Tier) that would benefit a Fleet a lot more, but until we grind to unlock so we can unlock to grind for the unlock to then pay huge amounts of dilithium and other resources for the...whatever...it can't be accessed.

So again, what is the harm? No refunds or anything, just give us the option to quit a project en lieu of another, or simply quit, period.

But, yeah, whereas A LOT of people I have run into in-game actually spent real world money to get multiple keys to open multiple boxes to acquire sufficient Lobi, you're telling some of them here that you couldn't care less what they did to get them, even if it was to line PWE's pockets; they're just out of luck!

Point 2: Some may say folks who pump money into a FTP game are insane, and that may be the case. But, it's no one else's business, and it doesn't change the fact that it's a bad play to "set the timer" on this, especially when some of the holiday things required only popped up VERY rarely, and so drove people to the Exchange, where their fellow players were waiting to exploit them or, as I'm sure it was planned, drove them to the Zen store to pay cash...

You all really need to look into the mechanics of the way things like this play out, and know that most Trek players are also Trek fans and, as such, have a little more intellect than all that - they can see what's happening and know what's fair and what isn't. When cash is or can be involved, you risk biting the hand that feeds you...

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I'm not sure how? This is just removing the project so that fleets are not stuck with it who can not complete it. The exchange is now the only way to get these commodities (unless fellow fleet mates have unopened commodity bundles, or are keeping extra in their banks). The project was always listed as a "limited-time" and at least one dev posted that we'd offer a solution to remove it if you were not able to finish it so you were not stuck with it And we're giving notice if you'd like to actually finish it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
How about just doing the logical, intelligent and proper thing that should have been there since the start. Giving players their right to cancel their projects.. The fact that we can not cancel rep or fleet projects is a massive blunder and idiotic oversight. This needs to be addressed now!
Closed Thread