Captain
# 111
02-07-2013, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
I have a lot of respect for Peregrine Falcon, but....... I've read his history also, and while all the events that lead many to call Cryptic "liars" and "manipulators" are listed, there is something of a bias in the descriptions.
If you were to judge DStahl on his track record, how would you judge it? Did he deliver the goods for the KDF in this game? Or was it really just no cups in the kitchen and then ... lockbox lotto?
Career Officer
# 112
02-07-2013, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscreamfighte View Post
Not at all, It was in one of the final episodes when the fleets were clashing and fighting their way to Cardassia, it appears after Mortok and Worf jump in with their BoPs, When the whole Klingon Fleet appears, it's the huge Klingon Ship in the middle of the mass.
Worf was on the Defiant during the last episode of DS9, so he couldn't have "jumped in".
The only time he did something remotely like that was during the th season in "Sacrifice of Angels" and there was no ship that fits the description if it either.,

Quote:
I didn't know what it was until Star Trek Magezine back in the day published an article about it, it was a cross between Klingon and Gorn Technology, mainly illustrated in a Star Trek book (back story while the Dominion War was undergoing, the Klingon Empire conquered the Gorn, or something like that)

I'll see if I can find a screen shot or pic.
If the Klingons had supposedly conquered the Gorn (which they didn't) during the DOminion War, why would they conquer them again afterwards in the STo backstory decades later?
Career Officer
# 113
02-07-2013, 12:48 AM
Quote:
I played without Mods, and still knew of it.

It is one of the original ships for the Klingon Empire.

But anyways, when you look at the Qeh'Ral, you can see the gorn influences.
The ship exists exclusively in Armada 2 and the guys at Cryptic have explicitly said time and again they can't use ships from other game companies, nor reference their material.

The ship also does not exist from a canon standpoint because it was not in the shows.

And now you say one can see the Gorn influence instead of it being in the ship's backstory.
Where are we supposed to see it?
Commander
# 114
02-07-2013, 09:25 AM
There's the Star Trek game we want and the Star Trek game we got... which is quite dated, too small in scope to be considered "massively", overly instanced, and is the best ST theme-based chat room to date.

Open galaxy, territorial control-based PVP would keep me around but judging how this game can't handle balloons let alone epic space battles... my expectations are lowered so I won't be surprised what the "not-season 8" does not bring for me as a PVPer.

Too bad gear carrot battleground based PVP was tacked onto this game but it is the way it is. I refuse to go into another queue and treat combat as a mini-esport.

In fairness, will see what the future brings us all. Will reserve my comment with regards to the topic until that time.

Hope Cryptic figures things out and we all get a bit of what we want.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Captain
# 115
02-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by user839020189287 View Post
In fairness, will see what the future brings us all. Will reserve my comment with regards to the topic until that time.
When season 8 launches and it's not there but the devs (and their defenders) say that the first patch of the season isn't the whole season and the KDF should wait for the rest of the season to play out ...

When that also comes up empty and the Devs say for the KDF to wait, as there's more in the pipeline ...

When that also comes up empty and the head honcho makes some quote about the KDF being 12 percent or 16 percent of the target audience ...

When seasons 1 through 7 essentially repeat themselves ...

Commander
# 116
02-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
When season 8 launches and it's not there but the devs (and their defenders) say that the first patch of the season isn't the whole season and the KDF should wait for the rest of the season to play out ...

When that also comes up empty and the Devs say for the KDF to wait, as there's more in the pipeline ...

When that also comes up empty and the head honcho makes some quote about the KDF being 12 percent or 16 percent of the target audience ...

When seasons 1 through 7 essentially repeat themselves ...

The IP is about to get popular again.

"not season 8" will not come quietly.

Cryptic will parade that around for all to see.

All I can say is that it better be good.

That's my line in the sand.

Am all about swift, decisive action.
"Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
Career Officer
# 117
02-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Quote:
I played without Mods, and still knew of it.

It is one of the original ships for the Klingon Empire.

But anyways, when you look at the Qeh'Ral, you can see the gorn influences.
Considering the only cannon Gorn ship was seen in the TOS episode "Arena" and even then was just a blur - no, you can't see Gorn influence. In anything. Including the modern Gorn ships in STO.

And I'm almost certain that your massive Klingon ship from DS9 was the mirror universe Regent's flagship, which was a Negh'var model scaled up by about 300%.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Regent's_flagship
"Everybody Chill Out!"

"I'mma cold-blooded killer... Ha ha! get it?"

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Lt. Commander
# 118
02-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Considering the only cannon Gorn ship was seen in the TOS episode "Arena" and even then was just a blur - no, you can't see Gorn influence. In anything. Including the modern Gorn ships in STO.
In fact, in all of TNG, DS9, VOY and the movies, there has been only one reference to the Gorn. If it hadn't been for ENT, the Gorn would have gone down in history as the rubber suit monster from TOS: Arena (a Gorn appeared in a TAS episode, but who can remember). Even after ENT there's barely any canon information about the Gorn.
Ensign
# 119
02-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
The ship exists exclusively in Armada 2 and the guys at Cryptic have explicitly said time and again they can't use ships from other game companies, nor reference their material.

The ship also does not exist from a canon standpoint because it was not in the shows.

And now you say one can see the Gorn influence instead of it being in the ship's backstory.
Where are we supposed to see it?
STO may simply not follow the novels.
Captain
# 120
02-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Quote:
STO may simply not follow the novels.
The novels are not canon. So STO doesn't need to follow them.

That said, STO isn't canon either ...